Eatery

Cairo Festival City Mall, Village Area Outdoor, Cairo, Egypt

Serves meat, vegan options available. A trendy eatery on the outskirts of town, in the upscale very large Cairo Festival City Mall in the Fifth Settlement. Located on the second floor, it is large, bright and airy. Has a vegetarian/vegan menu with many choices ranging from salads, pastas, mains and even sushi. Gluten free options also available. Open Mon-Sun 2:00pm-12:00am.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Japanese, Macrobiotic, Raw, Thai, Mediterranean, Asian, European, Fusion, Middle Eastern, Non-veg

First Review by Lucia M

A good place to go for all - Edit

I love eatery and I eat there quite a lot!
The pizza with vegetables, minus the cheese is delicious!
The Thai coconut curry is really nice but I ask them to replace the pineapple with more vegetables because it's all a bit too sweet for me!
The avocado and asparagus sushi is my favorite thing there.
The green salad is quite amazing, even though it's a very basic salad but the coolness of it makes it so refreshing, I believe they took a basic and made it great!
The peach juice and the apple and pineapple juice are amazing!
Take care cause I was told their pasta is made with eggs!

Pros: All vegan items are labeled, Vegan items are well crafted, Ingredients always fresh

Cons: They serve meat, No vegan desserts

Nice snd stylish - Edit

I finally made it to Eatery. This place has very nicely arranged indoor. I felt really good there, not even like in Cairo. Since there are not many places that provide menu with specifically marked vegan meals I was kindly surprised. They have quite few vegan options. I tried lentil soup that was nice. I also tried veggie spring rolls - not bad but nothing spectacular. I would not order it again. I actually wanted to try Vietnamese steamed rolls but the were not available at the moment. Since I am huge fan of vegan sushi I had to try their vegan sushi rolls. To my surprise there are 4 different kinds of sushi rolls with interesting combinations. Two or maybe even 3 of them with fruit ingredient which I don't really go for since when I want to eat savoury food I just do not want to taste sweet but we are all different so you might enjoy it. However I tried spicy avocado pineapple sushi - it was actually very nice, didnt taste pineapple at all plus I think it is canned pineapple so not the best option. I also tried quinoa sushi which was nice too. Overall it is very nice place with friendly service and pretty decent one time experience.

Pros: Specifically marked vegan dishes, Lovely indoor

Cons: Bit pricey for the worth of the food you get

Decent - Edit

Went for lunch with a friend and we had the following:
- Quinoa Apple sushi roll - interesting flavour combination
- Spicy Avocado Pineapple sushi roll - delicious! Would definitely go for it again!
- Tofu Salad - nice marination with avocado, cucumber, pickles and sesame, in my opinion there was too much pickled lemon in there but it was flavourful. The tofu was too soft for me though.
- Pineapple Fried Rice - there wasn't much pineapple in there and the rice wasn't even fried but the flavours were nice. It definitely needs to be improved. Presentation was pretty however.
- Vietnamese Red Curry Pot - the steamed rice was honestly the best part of this dish... The coconut curry sauce was too sweet it tasted canned. There was too much pineapple and not enough curry flavour.

I'd go again for sushi but I don't recommend the rest. Hopefully they will have more vegan options soon! :) especially desserts.. As there aren't any yet.

I think vegetarians would have a better meal there because the pizzas smelled delicious!

Pros: separate veg menu and clearly indicated if vegan o

Cons: They serve meat

Great atmosphere and nice food - Edit

Very nice place located in Festival Mall. Lots of vegan and vegetarian options. We order a salad and different types of vegan sushi. Was delicious. One of the few places in Cairo wher you can have a good vegan meal.

Pros: Lots of vegan and vegetarian options, Good atmosphere , Friendly staff

Cons: It's located in a shopping mall, a bit far from th

Return to Cairo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Eatery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.