Eat More Greens

• Veg-friendly
Contact 03-37983191

Patio ST, 106-0045, Tokyo, Japan,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Est. in mid-2000s as a vegetarian cafe and bakery, then re-opened Mar 2016 with meat added to the menu. Find pizza bread, salads, sweets, baked goods, and other meals. Located a short walk from Tokyo Metro Nanboku Line Azabu Jyuban station, at 東京都港区麻布十番2-2-5.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, Japanese, Western, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by

NOT vegetrian restaurant anymore - Edit

I am not sure that they are change owner or not. But very disappointed that this restaurant are NOT vegetarian restaurant anymore. Before renewIy, they had great location and had a fantastic food there.

It is very shocked today.

First able, lunch time only have four options, and only two of menu are vegan available, the other menu are ALL including something like egg, dairy and extremely unbelievable that even including MEAT (pork or fish something else). I am sorry that I will not recommend this restaurant for vegan anymore. And if no necessary I'll not going to this restaurant anymore, too.

For vegan tourist, you have better vegan restaurant choice than this one at Roppongi area.

Pros: location

Cons: after renewly, it become offering meat menu

Open and not anymore vegetarian restaurants - Edit

Same logo same name same place.
New team new furniture and NEW OMNIVOROUS MENU.
WHY ?
no idea at all.
Still having some of the vegan cakes selection.
But honestly speaking not anymore a place to go.

Don't eat more greens here - Edit

Extremely disappointing. Maybe we picked the worst two things on the menu but they were really unpleasant. We had deep fried Tofu and Soy Meat...neither were really edible. The portions were small and we were hungry but even so we left some.
Also, why if they are going to sell beer can't they sell Japanese beer which is good rather than the proverbial European stuff you can get anywhere.

Pros: Environment just OK

Cons: Food unpleasant, Portions poor, Limited choice

Meh - Edit

Considering the many rave reviews this place gets I experienced serious cognitive dissonance there yesterday. Really? Five stars? I guess vegans in Tokyo are just thankful for anything that doesn't contain fish! OK, the place has a nice atmosphere (uncomfortable chairs though) and the food isn't toxic. But that's about as much good as I can say about this place. The lunch menu had five choices. I ordered the Caesar Salad, my lunch partner ordered the "seasonal" curry. That these two things were 2 out of 5 speaks volumes: there is no creativity or imagination at work here. When everybody else offers a Caesar salad and a curry, let's do that, too! Uggh... The Caesar salad was puny and came with a pea soup. Yep, you read that right. Caesar salad & pea soup, the classic! OK, I take back the comment about lack of imagination... The curry was, umm, OK ... but the Indian around the corner does it ten times better. And I do the C-salad 20 times better at home. Meh....

Pros: Location, Atmosphere

Cons: Below mediocre food, Uncomfortable chairs, Nothing special at all

Not as good as I'd hoped... - Edit

We were going to see a film in Roppongi and conveniently this place was nearby. There are plenty of signs saying how the cafe serves vegan food, which can make you forget not everything here is: I absent-mindedly ordered a pizza before realising it wasn't vegan and fortunately cancelled my order in time. My movie companion and I ordered a slice of the vegan apple pie, which I was excited about but disappointed because it wasn't that great. I'd ordered a green smoothie, which was fairly standard but an amazing emerald-green colour. I had a coffee and we ordered a chocolate-chip and a berry cookie, both of which were OK but soft rather than crunchy. My friend wanted something healthy and ordered a salad, which was pretty unexciting. After the movie we returned for dinner and ordered a number of small, tapas-like dishes: deep-fried soy meat, nachos,a pasta dish and some dry vege chips, all of which were mediocre. The cheesecake and vegan ice cream we ordered for dessert were fine, but altogether this place was a bit of a let down after the rave reviews I'd read and it wasn't cheap.

Pros: Vegan food near Roppongi

Cons: Food not great

eat more greens - Edit

Great cafe in nice suburb to hang out in

We only stopped by for coffee and cake as had already had lunch but it was so delicious that we got snacks to take with us.

Apple pie and oatmeal chocolate cookies were great.

99% of items on menu vegan and everything clearly identified.

Dogs welcome!

Pros: location , easy to find and outdoor seating

I LOVE this place! - Edit

I was recently working in Tokyo for 3 months, and I think this is the place I went to the most for meals! It has a great vibe, cool without being pretentious, and is kind of funky. It definitely has that laid-back NY bar feel! I've tried many things on the menu - burdock soup, potato soup, taco rice bowl, various pastas & pizzas, fried veggies, and the butternut squash gratin - all delicious! They make the best soy latte, and the cakes, pies and doughnuts are truly amazing. I would recommend this place to anyone - even if you're not veggie, it's a great place to hang out, alone or with friends. And the staff are just lovely! Very easy to find: Take either the Oedo subway line or Namboku subway line to Azabu-juban station, and exit at Gate 5B. Exit station and turn right, walk to the end of the street and turn left. Cross the main road and walk down what looks like a little alleyway. Eat More Greens is at the end of the alley on the right.

Pros: Great food, Great vibe, Great value

Delicious Apple Pie, etc! - Edit

Eat more greens is home to the tastiest vegan apple pie I've ever tasted. On the flip side, at 700¥ a slice, you won't be able to eat very much of it! Similarly, their mushroom pizza with a spinach crust was delicious, but tiny. However, although the food wasn't cheap, the price/quantity ratio was pretty standard for a Japanese restaurant.

As well as their main menu, which is made up mostly of salads, pizza, pasta, and other western staples, they have an extensive drink menu and also sell many types of vegan cookies, muffins, cakes and rolls. Along with the fact that the restaurant itself is pretty and cozy, with big windows, this makes it a nice place to spend a few hours. The neighborhood it's in is fairly lively, too. I would definitely recommend it!

Pros: many vegan options, wide variety of deserts, use of seasonal vegetables

Cons: not 100% vegan, donuts are not vegan. c'mon!, a bit pricey for small servings (standard for japa

Good food, interesting menu! - Edit

Although I used to live only 10 minutes walk from this restaurant, it took me a while to actually sit down and have a meal there! And I regret not doing it earlier, because the food was really great! I tried a corn soup, a pasta dish with vegan pesto, and a kind of japanese style "pizza". They were all good and very filling! I especially enjoyed the pasta, although the japanese style pizza was more interesting taste wise!

The menu is interesting and changes with the season. They also have several different delicious deserts! If you are in the area, it is definitely worth a visit. Azabujuuban is also a very cozy area to just go for a stroll!

Pros: Interesting menu, Good location, Friendly staff

Cons: Slightly above average price

my favorite go-to vegan joint in Tokyo! - Edit

At eat more greens, the food is very simple and natural but oh so delicious. Sort of the food you would prepare for your friends. They also have a very creative seasonal food and drink menu. Friendly servers that all speak English. Cute place with outdoor seating available. I love this place!

Amazing selection - Edit

This place was a highlight of our trip to Tokyo! Seriously amazing vegan food. The vegan items are clearly marked out from the vegetarian ones. We ordered delicious things like eggplant and mushroom pasta, a Korean-style tofu salad, pizza with vegan cheese, vegan tiramisu and soy coffee. My favourite part was the wide choice of vegan desserts. Come here!!

Pros: Wide range of meals, Vegan items clearly marked, Tasty food

Awesome Restaurant for vegan / vegetarians - Edit

I really enjoyed my lunch here! I had a vegetarian taco salad with an iced coffee and homemade "gingerale" with fresh ginger. My friend had a tomato avocado salad and a lentil soup. We were both very happy with our choices. Service was great, and the restaurant is a nice size, with indoor and outdoor seating. Perfect place to eat on a beautiful warm day.

Pros: outdoor seating, food, service

Cons: green tea donut

Quality classy place! - Edit

We went here one night for dinner and had it not been so far away from our hotel we would have made it every night!! The place is really relaxed and beautiful! The menu is large and varied we got a huge delicious soup and falafel plate which was great quality for the price! The desserts are so fantastic and I believe they make them in house! We loved this place!!!

Pros: Location , Quality

Great Western Inspired Vege Eating - Edit

This was my first vege restraunt in japan and it blew me away. The friendly staff, amazing food and reasonable prices made it a great meal.

I had the falafel which had the most lovely small falafel balls. This meant that they were not too dry and not too hard. The bread with them was also handle made, it was to die for.

I highly recommend this restraunt.

Pros: Food, Atmosphere

Ok if you like spice or pasta - Edit

I liked the vibe of the place and its convenient location, but I thought there could of been more variety on the menu. We went at lunch and tried the soup salad set, which was ok. We also went for dinner twice, once for pasta, which was quite oily, and another time for the tapas. I am allergic to some spices and most of the menu is made up of spiced food, which is a shame as not all vegetarians likes spicy stuff! I ordered the pita and hummus but they had put, what tasted like, cumin in it, which is the first time I've known humus to contain that and ruined the dish for me. I also had their autumn seasonal potato salad, which while okay, was a bit mushy, cold and lacking in taste.
The portions were very small too for the price!
My partner though loves spice and really enjoyed the curries and tacos there. He also tells me that the coffee is divine!
One thing I will say is that their chocolate vegan cake is great! Worth the cost!
The bakery part was again, pricey and lacking for me.
The staff always top up the water, although I found communicating a bit difficult and felt like we were being rushed slightly on one occasion when they decided to shut half hour earlier than the stated opening hours. Not a big deal, but still.

I would say if you like spice and are prepared to pay a little more for your food, take a visit.

Pros: Good cake and coffee, Good location

Cons: Lack of variety, Pricey small portions

Disgustingly Oily. - Edit

I understand that some people like oilly cuisine, but being one who does not and never will, I could not find a single enjoyable dish here. Out of convience I came a second time, and ordered the salad with dressing on the side. They obliged, but for some reason poured oil on the vegetables independently from the dressing. I know asking someone to remake something is rude and insulting, so I offered it to my friend and asked for steamed vegetables, oil free.
They did not come oil free. The springrolls were also drenched.
Needless to say I will not come back.

Pros: Beautiful interior

Cons: Oily, nasty food, will not accomidate

Nice place with patio, open late - Edit

We stayed at an Airbnb that was a short walk from Eat More Greens. The servers speak enough English to take your order but not really to ask question so come equipped with some phrases. The cold soup was a little strange, but it came with a nice heap of brown rice. The French fries turned out to be fried potato chunks with a very healthy amount of rosemary salt on top. Possibly too much. I liked the iced chocolate soy milk I had and we ended but returning for coffee and vegan donuts another morning. The atmosphere is very nice on the patio during the summer. I would recommend visiting EMG.

Pros: Vegan donuts, Soy espresso beverages, Good cafe food

very nice little place - Edit

Good menu choice for decent prices in Tokyo. Relaxed atmosphere and a good place to hang out.

Pros: Vegan dishes, Relaxed atmosphere, Decent prices

Cons: Could be cheaper of course, The service was very expeditive

The Best Vegan Doughnuts in Tokyo - Edit

What inspired me to visit Eat More Greens was its convenient location (a block away from the Azabu-juban station and 10-minute walk from Roppongi Hills) but also its selection of vegan baked goods. During my three-week stay in Tokyo, I had my fair share of rice, tofu, veggies, and more rice. I was beginning to crave sugar pretty bad. EMG, thankfully, still had a well-stocked bakery case when I arrived there around tea time. Their menu before 6 PM or so, which is when they start serving dinner, is pretty limited, and they had already sold out of one of the entrees.

I picked up a slice of chocolate cake with tofu cream, a huge, magenta cranberry soy milk-glazed roll (similar to a cinnamon roll), a cranberry doughnut, and a chocolate chip oatmeal cookie. They cost around Y630, Y390, Y390, and Y230 respectively. The cranberry items, which are seasonal, were absolutely delicious. I'm not a big fan of cranberry, but the tartness was not overwhelming in the slightest. However, the chocolate cake was just okay, a bit dry, and the cookie had a strange, crunchy texture that reminded me of a stale biscuit.

I actually went back to EMG a few times afterwards, mostly for doughnuts, but also so I could eat dinner there. I wasn't familiar with black rice, so I opted for a Y1000 special of pasta tossed with olive oil, eggplant, and mushrooms. It was a pretty decent, modestly seasoned dish with lots of interesting mushrooms I've never eaten before. As an appetizer, I treated myself to a side dish of fried potatoes with fresh rosemary, which were Y590 and completely delicious.

I discovered that they can sell out of these wonderful cranberry doughnuts as soon as 2 PM, which is unfortunate. It took me 2 or 3 trips to finally be able to buy some more--and believe me, I bought the rest that were available. Two of the times they had no more doughnuts, I decided to get another vegan bakery item I had not tried: apple pie for around ¥630. It was pretty tasty, and the staff will warm it up for you if it's eaten in the restaurant. Other than that, there are several very dry-looking cookies available and tiramisu. A small green leaf with a "V" will be next to any vegan item, and waitresses will understand if you tell them you're vegan. All food items also contain allergen warnings in English, so I found it strange that the vegan doughnuts contained "milk," but I think this was a mistake and they meant soy milk, since the waitress confirmed they were vegan.

Pros: friendly service, clearly labeled items, delicious

Cons: selling out of some dishes, limited indoor seating

I felt prepared heading to Japan knowing that HappyCow was printed out and in my backpack. Add to that the trusty iphone app and all was supposed to be well ... little did I know how big Tokyo is and that 71 listings don't stretch that far in such a large place! How very very happy I was to find Eat More Greens. A little bit of vegan heaven in Tokyo. Although I only dined there once, both myself and my non vegan partner were super happy with the meals and it was the best meal I had in Japan!!!! Thank You.

Yum! So nice we ate there twice! - Edit

For my very recent trip to Japan, I printed out a list of 54 places I could get vegan food. Of those 54, several were located in places I could actually get to quite easily. This was one. On our first trip to Eat More Greens, we made it there for Tea Time, so the menu was very, very limited. We ordered the Vegetarian Taco-Rice of Black Rice & Black Soybean. It was fantastic. It was like a taco salad: rice, lettuce, and what appeared to be soyrizo. It was quite filling. Be careful, the only thing they allow you to take out is baked goods, so don't plan to take any leftovers home to your hotel. Just eat it all. The next visit, two days later, I had the Vegetarian Bolognese of Soybean and Root Vegetable. It was one of the best meals I have ever had! It was hearty, yummy, and filling. Deserts there are hit and miss. We had their "eclair," which is made out of bread, not pastry; we had their cinnamon roll, which is very tasty for breakfast the next day; I ordered the pumpkin pie. I have to warn people who are not raw foodists; the word "pie" is used loosely here. It is literally pumpkin in a pie crust. I saw rinds. If I was used to the raw food-like construction, I am sure I would have loved it, but it was a little to rustic for me. Overall, the place is great. Great service, although they allow smoking on their patio. Free water, good portions, decent prices (we're used to paying more though, aren't we?), good location. When you exit the station, you'll be staring at a Wendy's. Veer to the left, and go down the street. Eat More Greens is on the right-hand side.

Pros: Good food, Nice service, Located close to a train station

Cons: limited menu during tea time, smoking allowed, pumpkin pie not really deserty

Pretty good food; small portions; friendly staff - Edit

Nice atmosphere, somewhat trendy and hip; the staff was friendly and spoke some English. We enjoyed what we ordered, although the portions were tiny, and we were disappointed that they had run out of several menu items. Very close to the subway stop.

Pros: Friendly staff, Nice ambience, Tasty food

Cons: Small portions, Not much selection

Enjoyable - Edit

I ate here 3 times while in Tokyo and had good experiences every time. I found the food carefully prepared and tasty. I thought the servers were very sweet and helpful. Their english is not very good, but a LOT better than my Japanese, and they made a great effort. I wasn't all that impressed with my soy cappuccino, but I'm a coffee snob :D Everything else was excellent.

Pros: Nice room, good, healthy food, sweet staff

Nice Place - Edit

I think the previous reviews were a bit harsh. Smoking in Japan is very normal, around 50% of men smoke in Japan and very few restaurants in Japan have adequate non smoking areas.
Its not London or California so problems with smoke are to be expected. Incedently I had no trouble with smokers outside and have sat there several times.

As to the food its pretty good, its not on par with the best vegetarian resaurants in the world but nor is the price. Among others I have eaten the curry, and the Black Rice & Black Soybean Taco, and the Falafal. The only complaint I have is the size of the Falafal which was tiny.

Pros: Good food, Nice patio area, Good location

Cons: Size of some portions

Pretty Good Food - Edit

We happened upon "Eat More Greens" in July of 2008, after having read about it on Happy Cow... I had a slightly different experience than the previous reviewer, although I do agree that the portions of the Tapas are small (but that is typical for Tokyo restaurants). We were tired after sightseeing and ordered some comfort dishes, which were very good... hummus and pita bread, pesto and fresh veggies, and entrees that were a spicy mixture of rice and beans, rather artfully presented. I also had a delightful, but unusual corn iced-tea.

I must agree with the previous reviewer that the service is not optimal. They had too few servers, and the service was spotty.

The biggest drawback to this restaurant is that smokers take over the outside patio and a whiff of cigarette smoke can destroy the good taste of a mouthful of food. This might seem strange for a restaurant dedicated to healthy eating, but it is not strange for Tokyo. The cigarette lobby is powerful here, and smokers have the upper hand. I have been told smoking is not allowed at the inside tables, but I have not confirmed this.

I intend to go back and give it another try, but I won't be seated outside!

Pros: Good tasting food, Reasonably priced, Cute atmosphere

Cons: Smokers rule, Inconsistent service

Hmmm.. mixed feelings - Edit

Well, I have been to Eat More Greens about 6 or 7 times and will probably keep going there (and will probably see many of the same people that frequent this Azabu Juban restaurant). While, I am not sure why they keep coming back, I know why I do. It's not that it's a good rest., it's the only vegetarian restaurant in my area of Azabu/Roppongi that I know of. In fact, this place is lacking compared to the other veg rests. in Tokyo (and I have been to many) There is not one dish I can say is amazing; one of the pastas is a cold dish, which my boyfriend found out after he bit into it (it was recommended to him by the waiter who neglected to tell him that) I also once ordered the Soup of the Day which the server told me was "Paprika Soy milk soup" sounded good so I tried it but also to find that it was a cold soup which the server didn't inform me of either. The food isn't bad, but could be a LOT better and the tapas are really small for the price (tofu cheese tastes even blander than plain tofu). They only have 2 desserts and the tofu cheesecake has real cream cheese in it which is strange and defeits the purpose I think. Went on Halloween and was looking forward to the special Halloween pumpkin gnocci and apple/pumpkin tart; however, when I got there, they said they had stopped it early! I can honestly say that I wasn't surprised. The waitstaff at EMG are probably the most uninspiring bunch of servers in any restaurant I have been to (from really posh restaurants to really cheap ones). I find them all to be pretty out of it. They are not mean or nasty, just not very inviting, happy, or knowledgable (there are one or 2 girls who are nice tho). I really wish I could love this place cos it's close to my house, but I would much rather travel to Shibuya, Omotesando or Aoyama for some proper veg food and service. The high points of EMG are: the decor, the pumpkin pizza, the taco rice, the organic wines, and the patio, although the 2 times I have sat on the patio, there was some guy on the opposite side smoking a CIGAR and just couldn't find a spot where it didn't waft all over my food. Pretty strange for a healthy restaurant but I'm not surprised anymore at EMG. I know it's strange that I go there often and am not giving it good reviews but it is possible to have a good time at this place if you're in the area with friends or just want to relax and read a newspaper but don't come here if you are expecting anything really special.

Pros: Great decor, Nice wines, Great patio

Cons: Service is highly lacking, Most things are not great value , Inconsistent with food/prices/service

Return to Tokyo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Eat More Greens closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5339 times since Oct 2007.