Eat Me

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cafe in central Scarborough, a seaside town. Offers vegan choices, including a ramen, and sometimes vegan cake. Open Mon-Wed 9:00am-7:00pm, Thu 9:00am-4:30pm, Thu-Sat 5:30pm-8:30pm, Fri-Sat 9:00pm-4:30pm. Last orders 45 minutes before closing.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, British, Non-veg

First Review by DippyDruid

Delicious - big fan! - Edit

Discovered this cafe today and am gutted I didn't find it earlier! Delicious food, gorgeous decor, cosy atmosphere and really friendly staff who will go out of their way to help. Lots of meat, vegetarian and vegan options available, I had the fried tofu ramen which was just incredible. So so good. Food was well presented as well, I couldn't stop myself having a nosey at what others were being served as everything looked so exciting! I had a delicious vegan raspberry ripple cake too - yum. Very modest prices and overall a lovely experience. Would definitely recommend.

Pros: Delicious, modestly priced food, Beautiful decor , Friendly, helpful staff

Cons: Only one option for vegan dessert, Most of the specials were meaty

vegan friendly restaurant - Edit

We had really friendly service, and it was really easy to book our table by text. We were a group of 6, including 3 vegetarians and 1 vegan. There was plenty of choice for us all, and the portions were very generous.

Pros: good choice of vegan options, friendly staff, good value

Cons: closes early

Eat Me - don't mind if I do! - Edit

After finding Eat Me on Happy Cow, we paid it a visit. It was very busy when we arrived and as we had our dogs with us, we asked if they did take away - happily, they did!
They did tell us that they were dog friendly and we could have brought our dogs in with us (had it been quieter we gladly would have).
The staff were very friendly and knowledgable about the vegan options. There were several options marked veggie or vegan, including green curries etc, however I did not get a good look at the menu as we were standing on the pavement with our two hooligans (dogs) choosing food which can be eaten without cutlery!
My partner chose a mushroom and haloumi burger with chips, salad and homeslaw (potato salad) and could not stop raving about it for the rest of our holiday in Yorkshire. I went for the vegan veggie burger, without slaw, with chips and salad - it really was delicious and a huge portion.
I would definitely eat here again, it was a good substitute for Calf Cafe which was not open that day.
I would potentially say it was pricey however the prices seemed in keeping with the surrounding area.
The takeaway packaging consisted of cardboard cartons, brown paper bag, tin foil and compostable wooden cutlery.

Updated from previous review on 2016-12-18

Pros: Great food, friendly staff, Dog friendly, Environmentally friendly takeaway packaging

Cons: Possibly pricey, Also serves meat

Great cafe, loads of vegan options! - Edit

Had such a great breakfast here today, the food was amazing. I had the veggie breakfast with vegan butter on toast, and extra potatoes instead of egg. It was delicious! Could also have had vegan sausage sandwich, of creamed mushrooms on toast, of which they do a vegan version. Had a flip through the lunch menu, loads of choice, vegan nut burger, sweet potato falafel wrap, hummus and carrot sandwhich... And a few more I can't remember! Also one of them was available with vegan aoli. The staff were so friendly and helpful too. :) definitely recommend

Pros: Great food , Atmosphere, Friendly staff

Cons: None!

Smiling like a Cheshire cat - Edit

Eat Me was an accidental find as I was aiming for Calf, the vegan restaurant in Scarborough only to find it is not open every day. Eat Me has a small Alice in Wonderland theme going on. A nice atmosphere with friendly staff. I was so happy to see many vegan options and it turns out one of the managers is vegan so likes to discover and try new things. I had the ramen with deep fried tofu and bok choi which had a nice sauce and noodles. I didn't see the other options as I was fixated on having ramen and was super hungry after walking about too long but there quite a few things marked up. Unfortunately whilst staff said they sometimes do vegan cakes non were available when I visited.

Pros: Lots of choice, Friendly staff, Central location

Cons: No vegan deserts available at the time I went so d

Return to Scarborough Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Eat Me closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.