Eat at Martins

Contact 0411-515963

6 Caryota Crt., Coconut Grove (at Dick Ward Drive), Darwin, Northern Territory, 0810

Vegetarian food, some using Ayurvedic recipes. Gluten free and dairy free dishes available. Confirmed open Feb 2012. Mon-Fri 8:00am-3:30pm, Sat 8:00am-12:30pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Indian, Organic, Western, Take-out, Ayurvedic

First Review by

Yummm - Edit

Delicious food with options for gluten free and vegan. Very accommodating owner and staff with a very relaxed atmosphere. I had an iced soy latte and the Quinoa for breakfast which looked small, but was actually quite filling.

Pros: Gluten free and vegan options

Cons: A little out of the way.

Yummy - Edit

My partner and I ate here in November 2015 on a weekend trip to Darwin. We have now moved here and will definitely be heading back on a regular basis.
Our meals were very big and so tasty. I had the Bali Curry and it would have been enough for the both of us. He had the Beetroot pastie which was also very tasty.
Not a huge range of veggie/vegan food in Darwin so this place is a must visit.

Pros: large serving size, tasty

Great Little Vegetarian Cafe - Edit

Delicious food, friendly staff and a beautiful ambience. The only vegetarian café in town and does a great job servicing the community. I personally love the vegan roasted vegetable salad with hommus. Oh and the quinoa breakfast is AMAZING!!! Very generous portions :o)
Updated from previous review on Tuesday August 05, 2014

Pros: Generous Portions, Reasonably Priced, Great Ambience

Cons: Menu Rarely Changes

Good and bad - Edit

They have a few vegan items but it is not extensive. The pies were extremely yummy and the soup was fab. Too bad they don't seem to know exactly what vegan means as they served me butter and roll with the supposedly vegan soup meal. I did suggest nuttelex, but they weren't very interested! The salad with with roasted vegetables plopped on top was not impressive at all and I wouldn't recommend it! The attitude of the owner is a tad rude. Sitting outside is quiet pleasant and relaxing.

Pros: Yummy pie and soup, Nice ambience

Cons: Not overly interested in vegans

Definitely Vegetarian.... - Edit

So I was led to believe these guys were a little more Vegan Friendly than they actually were.....having said that, they were lovely and accommodating.
They are not far from Darwin airport, so after I got off the plane STARVING, I headed straight there for a feed.
I ordered the carrot burger, however, they thankfully informed me the pattie contained egg (**sad face**)
New plan of attack.
I was reccommended the curried potato pastie and the Vegan sald, which were both sensational, and I couldnt have walked away a happier little Vegan!!
There was only one small gripe I had tho.....when I asked if there was anywhere else Vegan friendly I should try in town, they were very hesitant to help me out or recommend anywhere for me to go. We are all in the same boat here people....help a sister out!!
Otherwise, 2 thumbs up :)

Best Vego in Darwin - Edit

Martin's is by far the best vego cafe in Darwin...actually its the only vego cafe in Darwin. Still; relaxed atmosphere, good service (very good by Darwin standards) and consistently good healthy homestyle food at totally reasonable prices. Good sized portions (not too big) of curries, soups, pasties, salads etc. You absolutely HAVE to try Martin's gluten-free chocolate cake. Its a little hard to find and has quite limited opening hours but is totally worth it. I always feel happy, relaxed and nourished after brekkie/lunch at Martins.

Pros: Comfy atmosphere, Great tasting food, Healthy homestyle menu

Cons: A bit out of the way, Limited opening hours

Return to Darwin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Eat at Martins closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2837 times since Jul 2010.