First Review by tdawg

Awesome vegan bakery! - Edit

I have never been to the actual bakery in Milwaukee but have purchased their baked good at several stores in Milwaukee and a farmers market. So good! The carrot cake especially in one of my favorites and a total lifesaver when I first went vegan and was craving some cake (my omnivore dad also enjoyed it). AWESOME prices too! I've tried the cake, cupcakes, and cookies and all were yummy! I've seen their items at Outpost, Woodman's, Good Harvest, and farmers markets and I know they are in other stores too. So great to have vegan options available in stores across WI!

Pros: Great prices, Lots of items, Local business

Vegan pot pies & holiday cookies! - Edit

Absolutely love East Side Ovens. Very reasonable prices, fabulous quality, and staff is super friendly, knowledgeable and experienced. You got to try their pot pies and cookies... great for gifts even for nonvegans.. they are absolutely delicious!!!! open till noon on Saturdays ... I wish they made dog treats with their scraps ... so delicious. . I can't say enough about this bakery except I wish they were open 24/7 and had dine in option.

Pros: All vegan, cruelty free but you would never know i

Cons: Only open on Saturday mornings till noon. No insid

Contributions +501

Such Great Vegan Bakery! - Edit

East Side Ovens is in a lot of stores around the Milwaukee area and you can visit their location on Saturdays, as well. They have a lot of variety on Saturday mornings- pies, cookies, dumplings, bread, buns, cinnamon rolls and occasionally have pot pies & sloppy joes. Everything we've had from them is delicious!

Pros: Excellent Treats, Good Value, Friendly Staff

Best vegan brownies in the Midwest! - Edit

Best vegan brownies in the Midwest! (or anywhere else I've tried)

East Side Ovens Bakery was a clear find during my visit to Milwaukee. The owner was very friendly, everything at ESOB is completely vegan, and the prices were unbelievably reasonable (I got 3 things for only $5). The cherry turnover/danish was pretty good, as was the sugar cookie; however, the vegan brownie was the highlight of my visit. This was, by far, the best vegan brownie I've ever had. To give you an idea, it resembled the cake brownie with frosting and tasted like the real deal. I will definitely come back to ESOB during any Milwaukee visit. (Be mindful of the hours, as they're only open to the public on Saturdays from 8AM to 1PM)

Yummy Treats - Edit

Love that it's a 100% vegan bakery and extremely close to my house. Very "RAW" atmosphere (the oven is the focal point when you walk in), and a pick-up only place. Ingredients are listed on almost everything. Friendly service, and very tasty food. I got a tomato basil bagel which was by fare the best bagle ever! Nothing on it, not even toasted, didn't need it. I also got a pumpkin muffin which was even better, but I scraped off the frosting because I do not by any means have a sweet tooth, and even though it was vegan was just way over done. Limited hours but well worth the wait all week:)

Pros: very fresh, friendly staff, good value

Cons: small place, limited hours, too sweet

Vegan Treats - Edit

East Side Ovens has such a variety of delectible goodies. The owners are SO friendly and we usually find them at the Southshore farmer's markets throughout the summer. They are outstanding members of the vegan community and such hard workers!
You feel like you are sinning, but you're NOT. Their bakery is so much healthier.

Pros: Very nice people, vegan bakery!, large size portions

Return to Milwaukee Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has East Side Ovens Bakery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1666 times since Aug 2007.