East Side Burgers

60 bd Voltaire (at metro Saint Ambroise), Paris, France, 75011

Opened in October 2012, this is a vegetarian fast food cafe offering American food like veggie burgers and hot dogs, fries, quiche, and desserts. The meatless products (burgers, sausages, nuggets) are organic. Seats 20. Open Tue-Fri 12:00pm-3:00pm, Tue-Fri 7:00pm-9:30pm, Sat 12:00pm-9:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by gracep

not convinced - Edit

I had excellent croquettes but there was something I didnt like in the atmosphere, I can't put my finger on it. If you want ot eat in the place is not cosy at all, it was also hot and stressfull.

Updated from previous review on 2017-03-06

Pros: good food

Cons: not 100% vegan, unwelcoming room

Nice burguers close to Republique - Edit

I went to East Side Burguers last week, the burguers were decent although I have found better burguers in Paris and the fries were frozen and not homemade.

The staff is quite friendly and they also speak english. You have to explicitly ask for vegan cheese.

Pros: Ambiance, Good value, Friendly staff

Nice to have some vegan fast food in Paris! - Edit

This place does seriously tasty burgers (I tried two) and the fries are to die for! Didn't try any of the desserts but they looked great, just wish the portions were a bit bigger for the price (but it is Paris) and there were more vegan sauce options.

Pros: Taste, Options

Cons: Lack of plates , Portion size

Vegetarian and vegan fastfood - Edit

Good fast food. Not so many exclusively vegetarian and vegan fast food joints in Paris.
And sometimes you need your fast and greasy food. Burgers can be made vegan on demand and the fries are very good.
In the country of bread the buns could have been better but that the only thing I can think of.

Pros: fast, very very nice staff, filling

Vegan Cheese and Vegan Bacon - Edit

Nice little burger joint with great staff.
Vegan options for burgers, not for salads.

Home to the biggest names in NYHC Hardcore Punk!

Pros: Great staff, Great taste

Cons: Not in the Netherlands ...

lots of good vegan options - Edit

Vegetarian place but most things can be made vegan, and most desserts are vegan anyway. Decent food, very friendly service, portions maybe a little in the smaller side but still OK. Like normal fast food portions actually but I guess I'm spoiled! Really liked the place but after hearing many raving stories it didn't really live up to that, but I'd still go here again in a heartbeat while in the neighborhood.

The one and only - Edit

Classic legendary veggie burger joint next to the famous Bataclan. Yummy burgers with interesting recipes. Nice rock n roll atmosphere! Dining room is a bit small but it makes people talk together!

Pros: Good good, Good vibes , Good people

Cons: No, No, No

THE BEST - Edit

Seriously i wish i lived around the corner and could visit this place every week. Amazing vegan fast food, the best vegan burger i have had in Paris (or anywhere really). Fries and carrot cake where great as well. Just missing veganaise (i'm a belgian i can't help it). Atmosphere is great as well, super friendly staff and awesome punk rock music.

Pros: Great price/quality

Great little veggie burger joint! - Edit

It's exactly what I want: burgers and even hotdogs with no meat. Even have other vegan specialties on the corner and especially desserts! Plus delicious local beer!

Tight space and rotating menu, but friendly owner and even wifi in the seating downstairs.

I meant to leave a review last year when I visited this place several times during my visit.

Pros: Fare: burgers and hotdogs, Friendly staff, Local beer

Cons: Small space, It's burgers and hotdogs -- nothing gourmet, Limited seating

Really enjoyed it! - Edit

Delicious burgers and friendly service. Seating area is quite small and not the nicest. Good burgers but not quite as good as Hank's burgers in my opinion.

such a cool place! and GREAT food! - Edit

SO very glad that I've visited this place on my last Paris-trip (April 2015). Took two of my friends here (one of them being vegetarian, the other one eats everything). Unfortunately, none of us had a burger (I would have loved to try one, ha!) as we all settled for quiche & fries/salad. There's an offer for a menu including a quiche + fries/salad + drink - which I had (and I'm pretty sure the same goes for when exchanging the quiche with a burger).
To be honest, I've never before had quiche but I absolutely loved it! The taste was rich and well flavoured, portion was huge and also the fries were incredibly delicious (a review further down described them as greasy - I disagree). This place truly offers great value for money!

Besides the food, this is a rather tiny place, but very cosy and with a great atmosphere. I love everything punkrock and highly enjoyed all the pictures of bands visiting this place before. They also have changing burgers that are designed by musicians, so there should be something new even when visiting regularly :)

Pros: taste & variety & price, location, service, staff & atmosphere

Cons: can't think of any

Really good selection - Edit

Really good selection of desserts which always includes a vegan option. They also have more than just burgers

Cons: Opening hours

Cheap and tasty Burgers! - Edit

We had very good burgers at the restaurant. They tasted bombastic and the fries were also very good. You can order your burger for take away or have one of the few seats downstairs.

In comparison to the usual prices in Paris we ate very cheap here. For a full menu with burger, fries and a drink, we payed 11 Euros.

Pros: tasty burger, friendly staff

Cons: only a few seats downstairs

Yuck! It's a grease pit - Edit

Unless you miss mcdonalds, don't go here. I've never had worse fries- they were so greasy & that's all there was to them. The burgers were gross, greasy messes too. I could only handle a couple bites of both before tossing it. I would give it 1 star if I could. There are much better options in Paris.

Pros: knew what vegan was

Cons: everything else

not worth your time and money - Edit

I had very bad experience there, only 2 burger choices, only tofu, no seitan, too many people, only take away, no seats.

bad attitude, when I ask the waitress what 's the difference of the only two burgers, she told me to look for one receipe on the board above, another receipe on a musical poster under the counter. VERY NOT HELPFUL AND CONFUSING , after leave me searching , she went to next costomer, everyone is stressed & speed because there s a big crowd ! she just want to get rid of more people & finish her job.

about the food : if through all that trouble u get sth good, then it might worth, but no ! the burgur i ordered vegan version, its just a dry piece of deep fried toufu burger with a few lettus and a piece of vegan cheese . no sauce, no flavor. i didnt try the non vegan version, i cant comment. if you re vegan , that's what u get.

bad ambiance, big waiting line and tiny space,the queue is mainly outdoors , so dont go when its cold. indoors hot stinky and tiny, so dont go when its hot. seats are in the basement , but full, you have to either take away or wait for seats. but it suppose to be a fast food burger place , non?

why is it so famous and croweded? it s all about publicity, nicely decorated door and music bands, well done site. ( by the way dont believe the menu on the site, they dont have what's wirtten there, ONLY TOFU BURGERS )

so i'm not going back for sure ! too bad I live nearby, if it was a little better, I would ve go back almost everyday and make it my kitchen !

i rate 2 only because theres no option of 1 or 0

Pros: door looks good, site looks good

Cons: waitress attitude, bad food for vegan or no - soy people, horrible ambiance

Some of the best burgers ever! - Edit

This place is veggie but there are loads of vegan options, pretty much all burgers can be made vegan and there are even hot dogs etc. The staff are really helpful and friendly and they have an amazing cake selection (all clearly labeled vegan or not). Really good value for money too. You really must go! We were absolutely stuffed at the end of it but we just have do try everything because when there are such good vegan options you know you gotta!

Valeur sûre - Edit

Quand j'y suis allé, 2 sortes de burger disponibles : 1 végétarien, et 1 vegan. Mangeant vegan, pas de choix possible donc. Côté qualité le burger était bon, après ça manquait d'un soupçon d'audace dans les recettes, trop "maison" notamment par rapport à certains concurrents. Attention également aux horaires, la fermeture en semaine à 18h étant un peu bancale.

Pros: Bonne qualité, Juste en face du métro

Cons: Un seul burger vegan disponible, Fermeture à 18h en semaine

Friendly and tasty burgers - Edit

This was my favourite burger place in Paris. I went there on a Friday and they were very busy but friendly and the good didn't take too long. We took the vegan burgers and chips and the burgers were really tasty. I just wished I was in Paris longer so I could have tried one of their vegan cakes. They were well priced too.

Pros: tasty, friendly service

Return to Paris Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has East Side Burgers closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.