East of York Gourmet Food Co.

( 1 review )

1904 Danforth Ave, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M4C 1J4

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small restaurant with a separate vegan menu. Menu changes periodically but may includes things such as pulled jackfruit, vegan butter chicken, gluten-free savory waffle. Separate fryer for vegan food. Offers pre-made take out items. Open Tue-Wed 11:30am-2:30pm, Thu-Fri 11:30am-7:30pm, Sat 11:30am-2:30pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, American, Fast food, Take-out, Fusion, Canadian, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by ElleJohanna

You must eat here! - Edit

I can't say enough good things about East of York. My husband and I live nearby, and often passed it without a second glance. However, a few months ago, we noticed their sign advertised vegan soups and were pleasantly surprised. I came home, looked up the menu, and... wow. Indian spiced pulled jackfruit, butter "chicken" schnitzel, crispy avocado... If you live in the east end, you know this area isn't overflowing with vegan options, so we were thrilled.
The food is homemade, and you can taste the quality. large portions, and the prices are amazing for what you get. The owner is super nice and is excited about creating more interesting and tasty vegan dishes. His plan is to change the menu periodically, but I'm sure future dishes will be just as amazing as the things we've enjoyed over the past few months!
They also serve meat, but the vision is to create a space where a family with non-veg people for instance, could all go and enjoy together. We really like this aspect as it makes dinners with extended family easier and more relaxed for everyone.
They also have a few items that are both vegan + gluten free

Pros: Delicious Food , Good Value, Small, family run, kind owner

Return to Toronto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has East of York Gourmet Food Co. closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.