CLOSED: East Lansing Food Cooperative

• Health-food-store Health Store

517-337-1266

4960 Northwind Dr (at Grand River), East Lansing, Michigan, USA, 48823

Natural foods co-op stocking fresh organic produce, vitamins, bakery goods, bulk natural foods, household products, and more. Helpful staff. Lots of reading material. Confirmed closed, Jan 2018.

First Review by suzzzeq

Co op closed - Edit

ELFCO's storefront closed on January 28, 2017

Cooperatives Make a Difference! - Edit

ELFCO is the only community-owned grocery store in the greater Lansing area, and it's a cooperative meaning that it's not just out to make a buck. ELFCO places people, and the environment before profits.

The prices may be a little higher than you're used to seeing at a big box mart corporate chain store, but that's because the food offered at the co-op is of the highest quality.

Fresh, in-season, locally sourced, all-natural, organic, and humanely raised are all factors that go into the quality of the food items they offer.

You don't have to be an "owner/member" to shop there, and the staff are always incredibly helpful if you have any questions, or you're looking to special order something.

There's a saying: "vote with your dollars". What sort of world are you voting for where you spend your dollars? To me, shopping at a co-op for at least some of my food just makes really good sense.

Ok - Edit

I shopped here on occasion. Even though the prices were high I would buy things that were on sale. I would usually only buy things that were on sale because it was the only time I found the prices reasonable. On my first visit the cashier was snotty with me because I did not have a Co-op number. Since it was my first visit to a Co-op I didn't know what one really was. After that I was fine. The store is a bit small but they have all of the necessities.

Pros: Location, Parking, Good Sales

Cons: Prices

Return to East Lansing Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: East Lansing Food Cooperative closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.