First Review by SLC

East End Cooperative - Edit

Forget Whole Foods when you have East End Cooperative! Honestly, this is quite possibly one of my favorite coops. They make some amazing deli items...so amazing that I went back twice during my visit to PA. I was only expecting to have a few options in the prepared food section, but the vegan options were plentiful. Their mock tuna salad was impressive, made with tvp, vegenaise, and spices. The potato salad was creamy and exceptionally delicious. And the vegan pasta salad was also impressive. Generally most grocers fail in this department, but East End excels by leaps and bounds. I can't believe how tasty their store-made food was. The prices were also very reasonable, if not low. If I lived in PA, I'd join their coop and would go there frequently.

better than whole foods- and with a juice bar - Edit

i shopped at the co-op when i lived in pittsburgh all the time. i then went to whole foods when they opened, but with no juice bar and such a small store i was right back at the co-op. awesome juice bar, great service and always local produce. these guys ROCK> the only place to shop in pitts ;)

Pros: juice bar, deli , local produce

Great salad bar, but too expensive to shop - Edit

I love their hot food and salad bar, which has a smaller selection but is so fantastic, you don't need more choices, I promise. The price is really fair, too. Grocery shopping on the other hand is something average earner can not to there. I have only been of teh opinion that the vegetarian and vegan lifestyle should be for everybody and not some wealthy few. So this is my one big criticism of a place I otherwise love for the idea, the people who work there, and many other things.

Pros: buffet, employees, selection

Cons: PRICES

Return to Pittsburgh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has East End Cooperative closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1362 times since Aug 2007.