Earthlight Natural Foods

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 570-424-6760

933 Ann St Ste C, Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, USA, 18360

Long-time established natural food shop providing fresh organic produce, vegan and vegetarian groceries, nutritional supplements, ready to eat sandwiches and deli salads, selection of bulk organic grains, nuts, and snacks. 2015 relocated from 829 Ann St.

First Review by aeclarke

Good but expensive selection - Edit

Very pricey. There is a discount card one can purchase but honestly that would cost me more as I do most of my stuff from scratch. I love the Vegan selection of made to order wraps and sandwiches (some of them should be labeled Vegan though by the companies that make them) and they have the vegan cheeses and other products like Daiya pizzas one can only find at a Whole Foods type of place. Lots of Gluten Free options too. Organic produce. Spices. cosmetics without animal testing. And yes Vegan vitamins but lots of label searching. I paid $11 for a small bag of agar agar. Wish there were more vegan chocolates. The employees are really friendly and helpful. I enjoy going here but only go if I need to. Best store in the Poconos for Vegans!

Pros: Vegan items, friendly employees, clean store

Cons: the prices, store could be more community involved

INCREDIBLE VEGAN OPTIONS :D - Edit

I stopped by Earthlight today after reading the reviews on Happy Cow. It was WAY better than I expected. I had browsed their website and no results came up for Daiya and a few other items that I searched, but they did have them when I got there! I knew they had some pre-made foods but I was expecting salads and hummus wraps. I was amazed to find vegan toona sandwiches, chickn salad sandwiches, "egg" salad sandwiches, and many other pre made foods! I spent about $52 and left with a bunch of meal and snack foods! It is pricey, but no more than any other whole foods or co op style store.

Pros: Diverse options, Pre made food, Tidy, not clustered

Cons: Too expensive to shop regularly

Great store! - Edit

Driving back to NJ from a visit with family in PA and wanted to get some vegan grab & go fare. We found Earthlight on HappyCow's app and were so pleasantly surprised! The store is bright, well-organized, and impossibly clean! It was a pleasure to shop in. I got some vegan sandwiches and BBQ tempeh dinners for later on and all of it was delicious. I wish I lived closer to the store and could visit it more often but it so close to Route 80 and not a hassle to stop there if you're passing through the area.

Pros: immaculate, organized, good selection

Cons: didn't see any

Great Store - Edit

Great options for a small store in a small area. I travel a lot to small towns and communities and am always trying to find store like this. Earthlight Natural Foods was an extremely pleasant find.

Pros: Many veg options, Freindly staff

Great choices for small store - Edit

Run by folks who care about clean, organic foods. However, owners are Atkins fans. Once a month sale off everything in the joint not already on sale. They are very knowledgeable about herbs, but little science and no medical background. Still I think they are a terrific source in information.

They do a lot of personal ordering. So, come in with your requests.

Pros: variety, price, information

Cons: atkins fans

Love Earthlight! - Edit

Thank you Earthlight for being he best Nature Food Store in the Poconos! It is virtual impossible to get the kind of things that Earthlight has anywhere else in the Poconos. When I am looking for something obscure in my cooking I know Earthlight will have it. I think had this store not been in Monroe County it would have made becoming a vegetarian very hard!

Return to Stroudsburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Earthlight Natural Foods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2051 times since Aug 2007.