Earth Tone

Contact +660846628062

opposite Maeyen Pagoda, Pai, Thailand, 66

Cafe serving desserts, a variety of drink like smoothies, herbal and organic tea and coffee, and western style food like sandwiches and pasta. Sells Thai herbs, natural body care and other products. May 2015 reported it's veg but not totally vegan.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Western, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by Tom Radzienda

Waffle will probably change your life. - Edit

First of all, the atmosphere of this place is fantastic. Popular yet peaceful.
Bring mosquito repellent though, as the mosquitoes also find the food here delicious.

I ordered the buckwheat waffle with fruit, nuts and chocolate sauce, and whilst eating it I had an epiphany and realised there is a God. I'm now a seventh day Wafflist. Praise be to waffle.

Also ordered the super juice B, and it was incredible. Tasted super fresh and earthy.

But, the top tip I would give you is get the coconut balls at the counter. They are only 5 Baht each, but they are incredible.
Just order 10 of those coconut balls as a meal. No regrets.

Pros: Coconut balls will make you see heaven, Waffles will make you see God, Atmosphere will make you see peace

Cons: Bring mosquito repellent., Pricier side of Pai. 70-100 baht a dish.

Soooooo great!!!! Favourite in Pai - Edit

Amazing options, chilled vibe, great service, homemade products, beautiful food!!!! Then Glutenfree vegan waffles are amazing and the Vegan icecream!!!

Pros: Great vegan Glutenfree options

Earth Tone sings to my heart (and tastebuds) - Edit

The food is delicious, nourishing, creative, fresh, unique. Can recommend the tempeh sandwich for lunch. The raw cakes look small but have huge flavour, easily shared. Loved the bliss balls, coffees & extensive herbal tea selection.

The dishes are designed around high density nourishment, way less filler, worth every bit. They even make waffles feel wholesome! Lots of superfood options for the smoothies.

There's no waiters. To place an order, you write your order on a piece of paper (provided at your table) & then give it to the kitchen. They will bring the food to your table though. This is a common method in north thailand.

Earth Tone also seems like a very enviro-conscious operation to me. They only used plastic for some take away drinks.

Dined here approx 4 times. I'd eat here every day if I could. :)

Pros: freakin delicious, freakin healthy, vegan waffles

Wonderful - Edit

Everything we had was great. Well the coffee and the chocolate balls were average but everything else was superb. We had the tempeh salad (sensational), rice salad, chocolate cake with gogi berries, beetroot ginger carrot juice and avocado cocoa coffee shake. Great that places like this exist and it was good to see they had plenty of custom.

Pros: tasty, big menu, big portions, interesting use of

Cons: seating could be a little more comfy if being pick

Delicious! - Edit

I had the tempeh sandwich on gluten free bread with alternative dressing of olive oil, lime and salt. Thai ice coffee with coconut milk (sooo good) and coffee and caramel vegan/gf cake.

Pros: Lots of yum, Nice quiet area

Great Place - Edit

Not actually vegan, although only a few things here contain dairy and honey. The dishes are wonderful such as the vegan waffle. Amazing raw vegan desserts, but it is a shame that a few of them contain honey so not vegan. Great tempeh salad. They even have vegan ice cream. They have a cool shop with interesting and rare products but watch out as they are quite overpriced. Food is fabulous anyway.

LOCATION ON MAP IS VERY WRONG, and it's NOT VEGAN. - Edit

We spend about 2 hours driving around the location on the map and were in the middle of nowhere.

We finally found it by reading other reviews and were really happy we did. The Tempeh sandwich is UNBELIEVABLE and HUGE.

It is an amazing place and a LOT closer to town that is marked on this site.

I don't understand why Happy Cow is so incorrect so much. There needs to be better effort in making sure locations are verified.

Pros: Tempeh Sandwich, Great drinks, Fair prices

Cons: Not labeled on map correctly, takes a bit of time to get your food

nice place to be, or only to buy some organic stuff... - Edit

good selection of organic products. Nice place to eat something and relax. They have a lot of healthy shakes and raw food.

Pros: good selection of organic products, good raw cakes, kombucha and hummus, nice atmosphere

Cons: expensive, use plastic for take away

very good - Edit

Just a front of big Buddha road.
Best hoummous in town! Great products. Everything is natural, fresh!
If you are a little bit ill, they have many powder who will help you! (Also many natural product for body care)
And cheese cakes are not so bad! :)
Bad point, plastics bags, plastics boxes, plastics...

Pros: good and healthy, vege, raw, vegan, body care/prevention

Cons: plastics bags/boxes

excellent staff and great vegan food - Edit

we ate there twice whilst visiting pai and was by far the best option we found for vegan food especially for the delicious juices teas and desserts.for main meals we would recomend the home made pesto pasta amd tempeh salad with peanut sauce.

Pros: great choices, desserts

Rude staff - Edit

Staff were so dismissive and inconsistent. Service was so terrible that we walked out because we couldn't get served. I would have loved to try their food but the staff made it too difficult through their rudeness.

Cons: dismissive staff

Amazing, beautifuly flavoured slowly cooked food! - Edit

My girlfriend and I ate here every single day, sometimes twice a day, while we staying in Pai. The lady here, makes superbly flavoured hot food and excellent shakes among much much more.

The first thing I noticed about the food was that the flavour is full and authentic - not just vegetables sitting in a yellow curry coconut sauce. This is food in which you savor each mouthful as long as you can. Our meals came out garnished perfectly with additional whole spices, she really makes the effort. We honestly had absolutely superb food, every single visit here, and is a massive incentive to return to Pai. I honestly have not found Thai food as good as this elsewhere.

I also indulged in some excellent cacao, banana and peanutbutter soy milk shakes. Delicious, and full of crunchy pieces of cacao and crushed peanuts.

There was also an extremely affectionate and friendly cat, that loved to come and sit with us for a stroke and some company. Note: the cat did not interfere with our food in any way; it did not want to be fed, it did not jump up onto the table.

At the time of year in which we visited, there was many mosquitoes around but the owner brought out some citronella candles and they quickly kept the mosquitoes away, and the scent did not bother our dining.

As she was the only person working there on our visits, and presumably to this day, please ensure you are not in hurry to be anywhere else. This is slow and beautifully cooked food, and good food takes patience and it is well worth the wait. I suggest order a couple of the excellent drinks first, perhaps even bring a pack of cards.

This is perhaps the best food in Pai.

Pros: Impeccable food, Great atmosphere, Friendly, but not bothersome, cat

Earth Tone Tastebud Tune Up - Edit

This oasis of goodness sits directly across from Wat Prat That Mae Yen. Perfectly aligned with a delightful selection of vegan cakes, gluten free pastries, raw vegan desserts, fruit shakes and organic herbal teas.

Highly recommend the fruit and nut vegan chocolate cake. This is the best vegan chocolate cake that I have ever eaten. Very moist and perfected sweeten. I begging the owner for the recipe.

After my pilgrimage to the top to see the large Buddha image that peering over all of Pai, this shop is a treat to cool off and feed the senses.

The owner informed me that she is opening everyday now from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm. Baked goods change from time to time. I'm sure whatever is available will be delicious.

The shop also sells various locally crafted body care products ranging from 40 THB to 200 THB.

Earth Tone is no longer sell prepared meals. I highly recommend this roadside cafe to satisfy your taste buds after a trip to the Wat or the near by hot springs.
Updated from previous review on Sunday February 02, 2014

Pros: Vegan cakes, Organics Tea, Fresh

Cons: Vegan and raw desserts go quickly

Love it! - Edit

I love it! It's such a great place for vegans! The owner cooks alone but she is really fast! The food is amazingly delicious. Lots of choices for shakes for vegans - I need to come back to try more!

Such a great vegan banana cake!!!

Pros: Lots of shakes, Healthy products for sale, Friendly owner

Friendly Veg Restaurant in Pai - Edit

Pai is a great place to hang out in Northern Thailand. It's also a great place for vegetarian food. Earth Tone provides personal and friendly service plus tasty food at every meal. You can taste that the cook puts her heart into each meal she prepares. I plan to bring my mother here in December and treat her to some more items from Earth Tone's menu. Check it out! Hey, bring your mum too!

Pros: Friendly, Healthy, Good menu

Return to Pai Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Earth Tone closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2655 times since Sep 2012.