1 Review

First Review by Skylark

Think Raisin Rack, only bigger and corporate - Edit

Yes, I buy from corporations. I just prefer the little guy in most cases when I have a choice. I visited Earth Fare last week when preparing to go on a week-long road trip. Their produce prices seemed incredibly reasonable given the claims of organic certification. (Watch "In Organic We Trust" for additional information on how the "organic" label can be a big farce.) I expect their produce prices to rise after the first six weeks or so of the store's opening. It wasn't a regular grocery shopping for me as I was seeking out quick-to-prepare foods that I never buy for home eating. I found brands of those items that I've bought at Giant Eagle, but I'm pretty sure I paid a little more at Earth Fare despite their claims that most of what I bought was on sale. The staff was friendly, but who wouldn't be glad to have a brand new job? Not to be cynical; I just know my own mood swings.

I will continue to frequent Raisin Rack for the regular-cooking items that I can't find at Aldi, Marc's, and farmers' markets. I suspect that Earth Fare will get my dollars sometimes, but I won't abandon Raisin Rack for the new kid this fast.

Pros: Large selection of vegan-friendly products, Reasonable produce prices

Cons: Location (IE Belden Village traffic), Corporate

Return to North Canton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Earth Fare closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.