Earth Fare - Greensboro

• Health-food-store Health Store
336-369-0190

2965 Battleground Ave, Greensboro, North Carolina, USA, 27408

"The healthy supermarket." Market chain offering choices in fresh local and organic produce, salad and hot food bar, bulk staple, vegan-friendly items, and other natural grocery. Open daily.

First Review by navski

Very tasty Mock Chicken Salad! - Edit

Since this store is in Greensboro and not convenient for me I don't normally shop here but when passing through or for a special occasion (like a weekend get-away) I will make the drive here for their mock chicken salad. Discovered it when a guest brought it to a party at our house and loved it. We do add grapes to it but except for that it is perfect. I highly recommend it.

Pros: great mock chicken salad

Cons: no cons

a good bet in a tough town - Edit

This isn't close to being the best Earth Fare I've been to, much less impressive than Asheville or Charlotte, but still turned out a godsend when we couldn't figure out any place in town to get a vegan breakfast. We snacked on hummus and other prepared foods that we took into the little seating area. The store in general is a decent gourmet market with an emphasis on healthy choices and all of the usual vegetarian and vegan supplies.

Pros: lots of veg supplies

Vegetarian

Contributions +16

Great store - Edit

I found Earth Fare by searching here at Happy Cow. My friend recently went organic and we went there for her to get some goodies. They have everything you could want, and more! Try them, you'll love'm!

Pros: organic produce, bulk items, great selection

Cons: none that I can see!

Complete and Healthy - Edit

Earth Fare is big and stocked enough that you can do all your shopping here, but you still have friendly people (like hot bar staffmen and bakers who will stop what they're doing to come help you pick out a vegan cookie...this has happened to me) and healthy, quality stuff. There is a large produce, wine section, bulk section, deli (including organic meats), hot food and salad bar, and refrigerated area (including organic and sometimes local dairy and eggs plus veg 'meats', other soy-based foods, and veg milks, yoghurts, butters, etc.). There's also in-store baking going on (breads, those great cookies I was talking about, muffins) and small shipments from another great local bakery. There's a comprehensive toiletries section; baby section (healthy baby foods); small pet food section; cheese section; in-store seating; and supplements, homeopathies, and essential/mineral oils. Someone has also mentioned their frequent classes and seminars, which I've never attended but hear to be lovely.

Pros: selection, decent prices, healthful and veggie

Return to Greensboro Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Earth Fare - Greensboro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.