First Review by goethe3

Love this place! - Edit

I love going to Earth Fare! Everyone that works there is always super nice and very helpful!

Pros: Friendly Staff, Great atmosphere, very clean

Cons: a little pricey on some items

I make a weekly trip! - Edit

Earth Fare has the best organic produce in town at what I consider a reasonable price. I enjoy my weekly visit and also appreciate the 10% student/military discount they offer!

Pros: Fresh Produce, Friendly, helpful staff, Stock hard to find items

Cons: On the other side of town, Can be overpriced on specialty items

Great store! - Edit

Since I became vegan, I have been shopping mostly at health food stores. Of the ones in this area, Earth Fare is by far the best. Their selection of organic food to choose from is very good. About the only thing they don't carry is "Better Than Milk" (powdered soy milk). And their prices are consistently lower than the grocery chains. I love this store! But please note that I do not normally eat there, I just buy groceries.

Pros: Friendly staff, Low prices, Good selection of foods

Meat, meat everywhere! - Edit

Earth Fare in Columbia is going through a change. The have meat products everywhere and it feels as if the veg people are slowly being turned away. We ordered some "Very Veggie" sandwhiches the other day and the deli person seemed annoyed that we interrupted his "Chicken Salad Sandwhich" making for the grab-n-go section. We looked down and all the grab-n-go sandwhiches were meat, and later the clerk came back and said he couldn't make us a "Very Veggie" sandwhich because they didn'y have avacadoes. As we left without food, we saw avacadoes aplenty in the front of the store.

We went back that evening and ordered "Very Veggie Sandwhiches" and this clerk made them. When we asked for fruit with sandwhich, the clerk told us that the new manager was changing things and did not offer fruit anymore. I mentioned how much more meat-based the store has become and the clerk said that a lot of things are changing at the store. I took that response to mean bad times ahead for veg heads.

Our local Earth Fare seems to be becoming like Bi-Lo, but with high prices. That is unfortunate because it was suc a great store when it firts opened.

Pros: Organic food, Natural Produce, Veg Items

Cons: Meat everywhere, Vegan items shrinking away, Losing touch with Veg-shopping base

Return to Columbia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Earth Fare closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1906 times since Aug 2007.