Earth Cafe and Market - Jalan Laksamana

Contact 0361732805

Jalan Laksamana 99, Seminyak, Kabupaten Badung, Bali, Indonesia, 80361

Est. 2006 this vegetarian cafe and health food market is part of the Down to Earth company. Serves veggie food and beverages like buckwheat pancakes, caffeine-free mocha java with soymilk, vegan cookies and brownies, fresh orange juice, Mediterranean platter with hummus and tahini, veggie burgers, whole grain pasta with seitan meatballs. Uses filtered water. Market sells health products like grains, beans, dry fruit oil, raw snacks and cakes, cosmetics, household products, organic clothing. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Western, Delivery, Take-out, Indonesian

First Review by Will

Hâvre - Edit

Situé au milieu des restos et autres boutiques snobinards de la rue principale de Seminyak, le Earth Café (petit frère de celui de Ubud) vous permettra une pause bio/végétarienne/végétarienne/crue très agréable. Les jus de fruits sont à tomber, les plats très réussis et les desserts incroyables. Le tout avec de bons produits et dans une ambiance très détendue. De plus, cerise sur le gâteau, la boutique où vous trouverez une conséquente sélection de produits bio : alimentaires, cosmétiques, entretien, bijoux...

Pros: Choice, People, That incense!

Restaurant and shop - Edit

Vegetarian with plenty of vegan options. A nice shop adjoined selling snacks, drinks and herbal remedies. Large menu with lots of gluten free and raw options as well. Fantastic flavours. A clean establishment that's a nice escape from the heat. Tips are automatically added to bill.

Pros: Lots of options.

Cons: Similar to Western food prices - not the place if

Very decent - Edit

We ate here twice during our stay in Seminyak. Would've really liked to try Tasty Vegan but they were closed for Galungan.

We ordered different things every time, and they ranged from middling to very good. I was especially impressed with the drinks. The menu has a lot going on and may seem daunting for first-timers. Portions were generous but prices a bit high by local standards, which I can accept given the food quality and relaxing vibe.

We also ate at Zula once but preferred this location for its roomier space.

Pros: good food

Cons: not cheap

Safe choice - Edit

Nice little store that had more than I needed as a traveler. I think a bit bigger than at Zula. The raw desserts were yummy, but the coconut yogurt was meh. The attached café is worth a try as well.

Delicious - Edit

Had a late dinner here last night and it was just what my partner and I needed.
We did want to go to Zula (owned by the same company) but the power he gone out when we got there so walked back here instead.
I had the mixed plate which changed daily. It was so tasty. I had the half portion and it was the perfect amount. My partner got the tempeh burger and loved it too. All very fresh and flavourful.
The menu is extensive so it's hard to chose what to have but I get the feeling you can't go wrong here.
The staff were very friendly. We also had a raw treat from the fridge to eat on the way home. There were so many to chose from here too.
Bali's vegan culture is growing so much I don't think we will have time to eat at them all.

Not my taste - Edit

I am asian and I don't think the food is delicious in my mouth. Organic is healthy but for asian that usually eating rice, the food in here not taste so good, maybe just because the culture, for western people i think the food is delicious.

The place is very nice and very down to earth, even the drinking straws is came from a plant, not a plastic.

They have a huge parking lot inside, shop and market inside selling healthy / veggie product, but the price is so expensive. Maybe this will be my first and last time I am visiting here.

My advice maybe give a picture in the menu, huge variation make me confused what kind of the food is offered.

Pros: large parking lot , nice interior , huge variation menu

Cons: very expensive

Recommended - Edit

This was one of the first restaurants I visited in my trip, and it was certainly not my last. Since I was staying in the area I found it really convenient to eat here, the food all organic, fresh and locally sourced. There was a considerable amount of options on the menu and it left us the ability to try different dishes all the time.

Love it! - Edit

We love the meals in all restaurants from the Down to Earth group. Big variety and you can find all type of cuisines.
The sandwiches and burgers are fantastic. We love the burrito and don't miss out on the planet platter and the mediterranean platter, which are both fantastic.

Pros: good location and nice shop, nearly everything is vegan, vegan cosmetics available in the shop

Cons: little bit expensive , honey in the ice cream, in the shop some of the products are not cruelty f

Perfect for a healthy meal & products - Edit

Smoothies and salads were superb, also tried the 3 pieces of falafel, it was brown and crispy on the outside, green on the inside, just needed a bit more chickpeas, other than that it was awesome.

They also have a small health shop inside, organic and veggie products, some items you can't find in other places.

Would definitely come back on my next visit, Highly recommended :)

Pros: Authentic, Location , Atmosphere

Super! - Edit

Don't know why the adress here on happycow says it's in Kuta. It's definitely in Seminyak. This Restaurant is like the other Down To Earths or Earth Cafés just amazing and the meals are that tasty!

Nice Little Shop - Edit

This is exactly the same shop as Zula Vegetarian down the street. Same merchandise, same foods, same everything. Just two different locations. Absolutely no reason to visit both.

Definitely more convenient for residents or guests with the means/desire to prepare food. Most of the goods are ingredients, but they do have a few snack-type items. A lot of trendy pseudo-science wares (essential oils, homeopathy, 'essences', etc.), but all in all a decent stop.

Decent - Edit

First place around Kuta (Seminyak) that we could find something vegan. Food was okay. Had nachoes - everything was separate; you had to mix your own things. Also the 3C crepe - I found this nice; though Ubud DTE was yummier. Good coffee and lassi. Would come back...

Pros: Good vibes, good wifi, comfy seating, plenty vegan options, price $$

Cons: first impression food could be better

Awesome! - Edit

So thrilled to find this place by accident after days of only eating rice and steamed veg. Ended up going there several days in a row to get my vegan food fix! Everything on the menu was delicious and they have a great little store with vegan treats and staple items that you can purchase also.

What a find!! - Edit

Was so thrilled when I found this place (stumbled across it by accident)... We were staying miles away but went down there almost everyday while we were staying in Kuta. Stocked up on brownies and slices while we were there. Had lots of smoothies, they were delicious.
My first time in Bali as a vegan (always previously a vegetarian) and I was worried that I would have to live on fruit and rice. This place was awesome. Didn't see anything that wasn't vegan on the menu, but then again, I wasn't trying to catch them out or anything. Good on you Earth Cafe!

Pros: Huge menu, Loved the store, Loved the smoothies

Cons: Parking Limited

don't like - Edit

They sell fish oil in the restaurant. They says all is vegan when you ask but there is goat cheese and yougourt in some dishes. I didn't have any sauce for my rice. It's quiet the same than Zula that I prefered. Expensive, around 10€.

A favorite of mine - Edit

Similar to their DTE cafe in Ubud. We visited almost everyday for our 6 nights in Seminyak, either for lunch, dinner, or just a smoothie.
The menu is extensive, with most options being vegan. From Indonesian to Mexican options available to everything in between. Breakfast options from granola fruit bowls, to scrambled tofu. The smoothies are excellent, as was all the food. The planet platter being one of my favorite, based on a Macro diet. Great items to stock up on in the health food shop as well. If you're from Australia and missing your Bonsoy, you can pick up a carton from their shop.
Enjoy!

Pros: Excellent location, in main street, Friendly staff, very chilled atmosphere, Excellent food

Cons: Service could be a bit better

More vegan desert options than Down to Earth - Edit

Similar menu to Down to Earth in Ubud, except more extensive desert lists. Had a donut (hard as a brick) and croissant (more edible, but nothing like you'll get in France). They did have some pretty darn good vegan ice cream (not sorbet, but actual ice cream-coconut flavor especially good).

Unlike the Reuban in DTE--this one is tempeh instead of seitan. Decent option but here, as with DTE, I'd stick with the Jerusalem

Pros: staff know about vegan options, vegan ice cream

Cons: too expensive, entrees mediocre, baked goods need refinement

Earth Cafe - Edit

Earth Cafe on Jalan Lesmana (Oberoi Road) looks like a cute home in the country, while situated on one of the busiest streets in Bali. When you walk into this cute little place, you feel like you've entered into a separate reality, where the focus is on the highest quality of vegetarian foods, juices, smoothies, and a myriad of other healthy deserts, snacks and a full supply of health and healing programs and supplements as well. Earth Cafe carries a variety of clothing and gifts such as yoga wear, gorgeous dresses, cool tee shirts, and other personal and household items. The variety of dishes available is vast, and the highest level of integrity is obvious in all of them. One of them is the daily Planet Platter which will give you all one needs in a single day for your bodies complete needs. The Planet Platter comes with brown rice, sea vegetables like hijiki, a daily protein such as tempe, tofu, or seitan, beans, and pickled vegetables. The kitchen staff has been trained by Earth Cafe's owner and director, Liat Solomon. Liat's has been working in health and healing for many years, and her background is vast and extensive. Therefor, everything that comes out of this kitchen is prepared with the highest degree of knowledge and integrity. Liat also offers cooking classes, as well as personal dietary consultations that will provide you with a complete understanding of your body's current condition. She will then design a personal program for you which will improve your overall health and wellbeing. This is one place that is completely dedicated to health, to healing, and to one's wellbeing on the physical, mental, and spiritual levels. The deserts at Earth Cafe are to die for ! Earth Cafe also offers a full line of yoga wear, gorgeous dresses, cool tee shirts, unique pieces of jewelry, along with dietary supplements, detox/dietary transformational programs, household items, and cool gifts for friends, family, or for one's self. A visit to Earth Cafe when in Bali is a must ! Your taste buds will thank you, and you'll find yourself coming back again and again. Enjoy ! ! !

Pros: the best vegetarian food in Bali, the best juices and smoothies in Bali, cool ambiance and atmosphere

Cons: busy street with lots of traffic, tough parking

Fresh & delishious - Edit

Earth Cafe was our base in Seminyak...
Super juices & amazing smoothy love... we loved the bone builder..Banana, Almonds, Tahina, Honey, Soy milk & Carob.. so so yumi.

All the food was fresh & super delicious we tried lots on the menu & nothing was ordinary. Loved it but found their sister cafe Zula to have a few more options and a warmer ambiance.. both have free wifi

Pros: Delish Veg/Vegan food, Lots of options, Best smoothies

Cons: Lacking ambiance

Earth Cafe - Edit

Conveniently located a few minutes from our hotel this was a favourite place to eat. Lots of vegan food, all presented beautifully and very tasty. Great atmosphere and some health foods on sale as well which was handy.

Pros: lots of vegan options, tasty food, good atmosphere

Great Veggie Food - Edit

Basically this appears to be the same people as Zula. It has practically the same menu for example the same Med and planet platters. It has tasty microbiotic food and very original cuisine, lovely salad options and those fab Maca drinks and wheat grass shots.

It might even be better than Zula. The best things there and not available at Zula was a Tempura steak with a scrummy gravy and rosemary mashed potato and a live blueberry pie that was one of the best!

Pros: macrobiotic, gourmet, many styles of cuisine done well

Cons: not cheap, atmosphere and decor could be better, not vegan

fantastic!!!! - Edit

One of my favorite places to eat in Bali. Totally vegan and with taste. They even have cookies, organic blueberry pies, brownies and ice creams. A must try for vegetarians, vegans and anyone wondering if there is taste in foods without meat. Try the Tacos Bean!!!!

Return to Bali Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Earth Cafe and Market - Jalan Laksamana closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 7158 times since Nov 2007.