Earth Burger

210-524-1086

818 NW Loop 410, San Antonio, Texas, USA, 78216

Veggie fast food restaurant with drive-thru option, opened Jun 2014 by the operators of Greens Restaurant. Offers sandwiches, burgers, wraps, and sides like hummus & carrots. Free Wi-Fi. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-10:00pm, Fri 11:00am-8:00pm, Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by Tarikat

Perfect! - Edit

Love the food, vibe, and concept. Vegan fast food with affordable and delicious options for burgers, chicken sandwiches, and fish sandwiches. The service was phenomenal and the store is awesome. Love being able to have a vegan fast food place. Will definitely continue coming here!

Pros: Vegan, Great service/employees, Nice vibe

Cons: none

Great! - Edit

Really great. My husband & I split the Earth Burger & the spicy Chik'N sandwich combos with fries & edamame & root beer & Ginger Brew. The Earth Burger tastes just like my pre-vegetarian days of beef burgers. The spicy Chik'N was just spicy enough. We also tried the coconut soft serve cone which is really good-different texture than ice cream, more "icy"-delicious. My husband thought the Ginger Brew was too gingery after several sips & I also thought it was very gingery.

Pros: Delicious

Cons: Ginger Brew could be toned down

** THE BEST... Fishless sandwiches!! ** - Edit

People ask me all the time... don't you miss eating meat?

That's easy. NO! I never liked eating cows, pigs, lambs, ever. Don't miss dairy either, not even cheese. (Listen to Colleen Patrick-Goudreau’s podcasts about dairy.)

However, I grew up on the east coast, and did love me some seafood. I chowed down way more than my share of shellfish, baked fish, fish chowder and fish sandwiches. That was long ago.

Enter Earth Burger serving THE TASTIEST FISHLESS SANDWICH ON THE PLANET!! (Well, at least here in SATX.)

I had to back away, as I was wanting to eat there much too often! Once in a while when I get a real hankering, I treat myself. And it never fails to satisfy!

Earth Burger serves the freshest (and healthiest!) root beer, ginger ale and I forget what other wonderful thirst quenchers. I could drink a quart of any of them along with my fishless sandwiches. Every day. Easily. Not a good idea, either. I just could.

And then there's dessert. Yummy coconut ice cream – Root beer floats w/coconut 'scream?! - Brownie w/that coconut 'scream.

(Good thing there are no calories in this food. Good thing I don't live close-by.)

If you love fast food, Earth Burger is waaay better than any carnivorous burger joint. And no one gets hurt. Treat yourself!

Kickstarter's Green Gift to Fast Food, right here in SATX!! I'd bring my carnivorous family anytime and bet they'd love it, too.

Updated from previous review on 2014-12-14

Pros: Fresh food, Friendly staff, Fun place!, Clean, Bright & Eco-friendly!, Dessert? Texas-sized brownies!

awesome vegan fast food - Edit

Tried about everything on the manu, the fish burger is the best!

delishhhhh - Edit

Love love this place! That earth burger is soooooo delicious!!!!!

fantastic Americana with drive thru option - Edit

What a fantastic find!! And just a few min from airport

Earth Burger drool - Edit

Earth Burger is so delicious. The burger is the best, then brownie, then fish sandwich. The only thing I personally did not like was the BBQ sandwich (texture wasn't for me). The chicken is good too but I really like the burger and fish.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Vegan desserts

Cons: Moderate prices

Vegan Fast Food - Edit

This is some of the best vegan fast food I have had. I tried the "Fishless" sandwich and the Earth Burger. The Fishless one is by far my favorite, though both were delicious. My wife also tried the vegan chicken sandwich and said that is her favorite out of the three. I've gotten the fries both times I went and they were delicious both times. I totally cleaned my plate.

Pros: All Vegan, Nice Variety, Friendly staff

Very Very Good - Edit

Had the Earth Burger today with vegan cheese. Had the BBQ sandwich yesterday. Both were very good. I would recommend this restaurant. Very friendly, knowledgeable staff.

Vegan Fast Food Digs - Edit

I had the Earth Burger and a side of fries (fries are getting mixed reviews here so I thought I would try them myself) and coconut soft serve. Everything was incredible. The burger was extraordinary... different than any other veggie burger I've had. Taste and texture were amazing. The fries certainly weren't "lunch line fries" -- they were hardcore fast food fries and I loved them. The coconut soft serve -- which they make on location -- was SO great. Most vegan ice creams are super rich and heavy, but this one was light and fluffy like soft serve is supposed to be. The staff was so kind and the whole restaurant had a great vibe. I will definitely be going here again when I get a fast food craving. Don't miss out!

Yummy veg*n fast food - Edit

Food: 8. It was pretty tasty, but it was definitely junk food. To be fair, I could have chosen the kale salad or hummus to be healthier, but since I was visiting from out of town I wanted to eat things that I don't eat all the time (meaning junk food). I had the "chicken" fingers and fries with a dessert of coconut soft serve. The "chicken" fingers reminded me of Gardein brand but more crispy and greasy, and the fries were good but rather plain (and I agree with another review that said they remind one of elementary school cafeteria fries). I tasted my boyfriend's spicy "chicken" sandwich, and it was good but too spicy for my liking. It was also pretty crispy and greasy. He said he really enjoyed his Earth burger, but I didn't get to taste it. The soft serve was delicious!

Price: 8. The combos were pretty reasonably priced. I thought the sandwiches being $5 by themselves is a little steep.

Staff: 10. Very friendly and attentive!

Atmosphere: 8. Pretty much like any fast food place.

Pros: Mostly vegan, Yummy, Reasonable prices

Cons: Not many healthy choices

addictive vegan fast food - Edit

Whenever I need a fast food fix, this is my GO TO! place.
The fishless sandwich is the best. I haven't tried the regular burgers yet because I can't get past this ridiculously good little taste of heaven. That and the edamame are the best! (fries not so good) One day, I'll try something else. Love Earth Burger!

Ideal - Edit

Vegan Fastfood, quick Window, clean dinning, organic, happy employees, great food. Eye love it

Pros: Fast, Vegan, Organic

The Earth burgers are the Bomb - Edit

I cannot say enough good things about the burgers. I have not had more than a couple of other items on the menu, and that's because I keep ordering the earth burgers over and over again (like several at a time to take home and savor over several days). They have a charbroiled taste that I have never found with any other restaurant or grocery store brand. I wouldn't mind if they were a little less greasy, but otherwise they are perfection. The prices are good, too, and I hope this becomes a chain store.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday August 06, 2014

Updated from previous review on Wednesday August 06, 2014

Pros: Taste of burger, Price, Convenience

Cons: Burgers are a little too greasy

Disappointing - Edit

I was an excited vegan when I heard about this new, fast food, vegan place kickstarted by the owners of Green Vegetarian Cuisine. However, I was very disappointed upon eating the food at Earth Burger. The staff were friendly and helped me decide upon the Earth Burger with french fries. I received a small "burger" and a side of zig-zag cut french fries that remind me of my elementary school cafeteria lunch line. The fries tasted like they were from a cafeteria lunch line, dry and low quality. The alternative beef protein patty had a funny taste to it, as well as an odd coating that was gooey. Worse yet, my stomach was not happy after having eaten the food. I decided then to not visit this establishment again.
I sincerely hope the owners are able to improve the quality of this food because the idea of a vegan/vegetarian fast food place in San Antonio is wonderful.

Pros: Fast Food Vegetarian/Vegan Meal, Friendly Staff

Cons: Distasteful alternative meat protein, Low quality food, Cafeteria lunch line french fries

Return to San Antonio Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Earth Burger closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.