Earth Bistro

Contact 951-506-8888

40695 Winchester Rd Unit C1, Temecula, California, USA, 92591

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pizzeria offering vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free choices. Lots of pizzas plus salads and build-your-own sandwich or burger. Has vegan cheese. No microwave or frozen food (besides frozen desserts). Art displayed on walls. Mon-Sun 10:30am-9:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Pizza, Organic, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Rockrchk87

Good food - Edit

I used to go here often when I lived in Temecula. The food was always good, but the service was ALWAYS slow. I hope it's gotten better since then. Temecula doesn't have much in the way of vegan dining, so I would love to this place continue on and get even more vegan friendly.

Pros: good food, vegan options

Cons: slow service

All around awesome! - Edit

Went with my girlfriend as we were driving down the 15 freeway. The pizza was super yummy, the wait wasn't long, the vibe was nice, and the staff was really chill. Prices were also great!

Pros: Delicious pizza, Chill staff, Free parking

The BEST vegan pizza I've had ever. - Edit

This place was great. They have the most delicious vegan pizza I've every tasted. I asked what kind of cheese they were using, and they told me 'follow your heart' mozzarella. It was SOOOO good! We also tried the vegan stuffed mushrooms, and they were also delicious. I wish I would have taken some photos, but the food was so good we ate it without even thinking of snapping a few. Restaurant is in the same shopping plaza as Trader Joe's.

Pros: BEST vegan pizza, Multiple vegan options listed on menu

Enjoyable - Edit

I visited Earth Bistro last month after recently converting to a vegan lifestyle.

The place is same but it has artwork on the walls and is very intimate. Reminds me of places I would visit while in college.

It took the waiter a LONG time (10 mins) to come take our drink orders and take our food order. It took even longer for them to bring the food out (20 minutes).

A couple of female employees who were obviously dating were sitting at the bar having a meal and were all over each other. This is extremely unprofessional in my opinion. I appreciate young love but not at your place of employment. It was so excessive that it was a distraction.

Once we FINALLY got our food I enjoyed it. Ordered the vegan pizza with vegan chicken. Lots of flavor! I have also ordered their vegan brownie before and it is super good and super Chocolatey! Which I love!!!!

Pros: Lots of Vegan Options, Great Food, Artistic Environment

Cons: Long Wait, Small Dining Area, Unprofessional Staff Members

careababee Hi! thank you for your post! I am the owner of Earth Bistro (formerly pizza fusion). We were the owners of Pizza fusion as well but that was corporate so we separated from them. Im sorry if your service was slow when you came in. We have a lot of take out orders and catering orders too and can get quite busy in there! Especially on weekends it can be very busy. We make everything to order and we make our own breads, dough etc. Nothing is frozen...we don't even have a freezer. So it can take a bit longer for our food to come out compared to other restaurants. A lot of restaurants just open a bag of chopped veggies...we do all this prep on site. I am very sorry about the employees at the counter! OMG! LOL! that was an issue for us trying to get them to realize its completely inappropriate. Those employees no longer work there and we are working hard to enforce this policy. I'm really glad you enjoyed the food once is arrived though! Thank you so much for choosing to dine with us. Best to you and yours.

Great Vegan Options - Edit

Not a lot of choices for healthy, organic, vegan restaurant options in Temecula but Earth Bistro is one of the few with something special. The Daiya stuffed mushrooms are a grea appetizer and I really like the gluten free farmers market pizza with the non-soy Daiya cheese.

Pros: a Vegan pizza, friendly staff, organic ingredients

Very Friendly and Accomodating - Edit

I was served by a lovely person named Katy, who was very nice and quick to help point out vegan options on the menu. There were several vegan options and things that could be easily converted. She told me that she had just had the stuffed mushrooms and suggested them to go with my pizza. Both were delicious. The cookies were very flat/crispy, so I wonder if they saw the previous "doughy" comment someone left and tried to improve them. I would prefer doughy to flat and crispy, but hey, I'm super happy they're vegan! I'll definitely be back!

Nice Options - Edit

I am a long time vegan who recently ate here with my omni boyfriend and mother. We were all very happy with what we had. The vegan pizza (with melted Daiya cheese) was quite tasty. I also got an order of cookies but they were a little too doughy for my tastes. The service was great and the atmosphere was comfortable. I will definitely be back.

Pros: Good Selection, Quality Food, Helpful Staff

Like the food but hate the atmosphere - Edit

It's too bad that a place that offers gluten-free vegan pizza (one of the few in this area!) has such poor service and a waiter with atrocious hygiene. I'm having a hard time looking beyond the unpleasant smell wafting off our waiter to dwell on the fact that the food was actually pretty good.

But, of course, I haven't had real cheese since February, so I might be a bad judge for dairy lovers. My husband and mother shared a pineapple pepperoni pizza that they seemed to enjoy but both of them left their sodas nearly untouched. What can I say? They're Pepsi/Coke people. But that isn't Earth Bistro's fault.

What is their fault? Not requiring their employees to shower on a daily basis. My husband's eyes literally watered whenever our waiter came around -- which, at first, wasn't very often I'm afraid. We waited a good fifteen minutes in the tiny dining room waiting for our drink orders to be taken. It was as though our waiter couldn't manage to do more than one thing at a time. When he did bring the drinks, his fingertips were all over the mouths of the glasses and it was all I could do but shudder. My husband looked at me quite seriously and said, "It's as though he doesn't know how to wipe properly."

I'll pause here for you to gain control of your gag reflex.

Anyway, in the end, we've decided we like the food but hate the atmosphere. If I could get a guarantee that our waiter wasn't involved in handling the pizzas at all, I'd get carry-out in the future.

But, until then, the only tip we have for our foul odored friend is this: Use soap.

Pros: Alright Food

Cons: Smelly/Non Clean Workers, Dirty Bathrooms, Bad Employee Hygeine

cool place - Edit

They have very good pizza and salads. Nice atmosphere in the restaurant. Most of the servers are very friendly. Love that they have whole grain crust. They have vegan chicken as a topping, but i'd prefer veg pepperoni or canadian bacon. Wish the prices were a little lower. I'm happy to have a vegan choice in Temecula, since there are so few of them.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday October 28, 2009

Good Pizza - Edit

Nice crisp crust and delicious toppings. Everything is fresh and there's a wide variety. It's wonderful to have so many vegetarian options. A little expensive compared to other pizza places and for the portion size.

Pros: tasty, great variety, vegetarian options

Cons: not very generous with toppings, prices

Loves it! - Edit

They have so many options and you can make practically ANYTHING on the menu vegan! Also they have vegan brownies for dessert that are to DIE for! Their store is very eco-friendly and their bathroom amenities are all made from recycled papers. The owners are friendly and the atmosphere is awesome!

Return to Temecula Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Earth Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5274 times since Jun 2009.