E' Cotta

Piazza Castelnuovo, 35, Palermo, Italy, 90144

Serves fish, vegan options available. Mostly-vegetarian restaurant. Vegan options are not labeled, so ask. Relocated from Viale Piemonte 2 in 2016. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-3:30pm, 7:00pm-11:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Italian, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by KB

Something for everyone - Edit

Whatever the dietary requirements and preferences of you and your dining companions, "É Cotta" will meet them cheerfully and efficiently.

Owners Salvatore and Rosella will talk you through the menu and ask you what you like to eat.

Although the first time we went to this restaurant a boisterous local festival was in full swing outside and several other customers required attention, the service could not have been more attentive.

We had a delightful meal, enhanced by the couple's thoughtful suggestions for local wines. I ordered the tempura made from a variety of vegetables, followed by the most delicate veggie burgers I have ever tasted. My non-veg partner opted for soup and fish, which he greatly enjoyed. We both indulged in the lovely "lemon ice cream", which I was assured was vegetarian, though it seemed too smooth and luscious to be dairy free.

The restaurant's décor is bright and upbeat, with a pervasive impression of space and light.

Such was our satisfaction that we returned a few days later, and that positive initial impression was confirmed.

Before you go, take a moment to admire the fanciful "grass" beneath the glass tops of the tables.

Pros: Excellent food, beautiful presentation, Friendly, helpful staff, All dietary needs catered for.

Cons: So good it may get busy at times.

A great find! - Edit

Central location and beautiful interior. Note that the restaurant does serve fish as well as vegetarian and vegan meals and they are closed on Monday, not Sunday as the listing in Happy Cow states.

I had their mixed salad for a starter. It was the most beautiful salad I have every seen and included a large assortment of lettuces and vegetables. I then had their fava soup. Again a winner. I finished with their eggplant pizza. Probably one of the top three pizza crusts I have ever eaten. All dishes were vegan. The portions were substantial.

Highly recommended.

Pros: Great food with many choices, Excellent service, Substantial portions

Cons: Listing inaccurate: Veg-friendly, not vegetarian, Listing inaccurate: Closed Monday, not Sunday

Organic cafe, great for lunch! - Edit

This organic cafe has several vegan options, which the staff is happy to point out. The vegan options are not labeled, however. They also serve coffee with soy milk. I tried a bit of all the vegan options of the buffet - which were all delicious - and the lentil soup, which could have been better. Next to the buffet there is also the possibility to order a la carte. The food was very tasty, the staff was friendly and the atmosphere laid back. A great place for a healthy lunch, not so much for dining out.

Pros: Friendly staff, Great food, Organic

Cons: Vegan options not labeled

Vegetarian Oasis in Palermo - Edit

E' Cotta is a large, friendly, and most importantly vegan/vegetarian-friendly restaurant in a nice area of Palermo. To get there from Palermo Centrale train station you get the 101 north up Via Roma. The bus turns left at the end of Via Roma, and you get off by the Politeama Garibaldi and walk the rest of the way (a short walk only). the place is spacious and light, comfortable, and there are entrees as well as the buffet. Our waitress was very helpful in explaining which items were vegan or lacto-vegetarian. Several of the items were local Sicilian dishes that were naturally vegan. There were also several vegetarian pizza options (i.e. without anchovies in the sauce). We tried a variety of things but my favorite was the Sicilian broccoli and potato pie. There is no pastry. The pie is made from mashed broccoli and potato and sits in a leafy case. It was delicious. Overall we had a good experience here, and it was such a relief to be able to find a vegetarian/vegan place to eat out, even though the establishment is not entirely catering for vegetarians/vegans. Definitely recommended. Price is good, as is the ambiance. Staff are friendly, nice people. We enjoyed our lunch!

Pros: Vegan options., Local Sicilian dishes., Friendly staff; spacious; comfortable

Return to Palermo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has E' Cotta closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.