Duvnas Deli

Contact 070-3093843

Ektorpsvägen 4 (at Ektorps Centrum), Nacka, Sweden, 131 48

Serves meat, vegan options available. Duvnäs Deli is a small take away that offers home-style food made onsite. On the menu is a health plate (quinoa & beans), lentil soup, and vegan burger plus several vegetarian items. Dishes change depending on the day. For dessert, you could order a raw vegan brownie made from coconut oil, dried fruit, nuts and cocoa. Open Mon-Fri 10:30am-7:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-4:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Fast food, Take-out, Swedish, Non-veg

First Review by VeganRodent

Yum! ^_^ - Edit

Yesterday, I happend to notice a take away restaurant whose sign outside claimed to sell vegan food. I got really excited that a place close to my home was serving vegan food and I decided to take a look inside.
The meat and the cheese that they had behind the glass counter was a bit off-putting, but I decided to ask what they had despite this making me uncomfortable.
The staff member I asked could (from the top of her head) tell me about which dishes were vegan and everything that the food contained. She was really sweet and helpful.
Only two vegan options were available that day, lentil soup and "health plate". I decided to go with the health plate, a dish with bean beefs, quinoa with goji berries and salad with beetroot sauce. I bought a raw vegan brownie and got a piece of sourdough bread to take with me.
I decided not to eat at Duvnäs Deli, solely because I was having a bad day and I wanted to get home as fast as possible, but the place looked really neat and clean. It's probably not good to be there at lunch time since there wouldn't be any tables available. So I took the meal with me home and heated up the beefs in the microwave. The main dish tasted great, I especially enjoyed the beetroot sauce. The brownie was a lot more sticky than I imagined, but it tasted like a "real" brownie. It surprises me that some of the best tasting vegan foods come from a restaurant where the majority of dishes have animal products in them. You don't really expect that from a non-vegan or even a non-vegetarian.
I recommend this place to everyone! I'm actually planning on going there again today. The food is absolutely amazing and so is the staff. Don't forget your raw vegan brownie while you're there!
Updated from previous review on Wednesday March 04, 2015

Pros: Amazing food, great dessert, friendly staff.

Cons: Many animal products at display, small, expensive, in my opinion.

Return to Nacka Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Duvnas Deli closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 563 times since Mar 2015.