Dusty Buns Bistro

Contact 559-486-2867

608 E Weldon Ave, Fresno, California, USA, 93704

Serves meat, vegan options available. California-style bistro offering organic sandwiches, and makes its own buns. Ask for the “vegan Joe,” a custom sandwich not listed on the menu, or the market salad in vegan version. The day's soup is vegan when you specify no cream. Check webpage its food truck locations. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-7:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by catbone

Great Vegan Joe meal - Edit

Vegan Joe isn't in the menu but just tell the cashier and they know what you mean. It consist of their delicious ciabatta bread with whatever seasonal vegetables they have along with pesto. It's delicious! They show up at Gazebo Gardens on Fridays and Saturdays and they also have their own restaurant near Fresno High. Although if you plan on going to Gazebo, be sure to check out Gazebo Gardens website to make sure they will be there. (http://www.gazebogardens1922.com/BeerGarden.html#foodtrucks)

Pros: Vegan option, Friendly staff

Dusty Buns At The Gazebo Gardens On Friday Nights Is The Best! - Edit

This is not our first experience with Dusty Buns, so we are repeat customers. On our first visit at their restaurant location, I agree with my husband that for their price, their portions were on the small size. For my husband, that factor alone will keep him away no matter what. Even if the food is good, he won't go again. But, I just really enjoy the Dusty Buns food.
While we've visted their storefront, their food truck on Friday nights at the Gazebo Gardens location, seems to be a better deal all around. We ordered the grilled cheese sandwich again. Vegans can check out the Grilled Veggie sandwich or modify any of the salads without meat or cheese. But Vegans, I'm sure those beautiful "Dusty Buns" sandwich rolls that they're known for are not vegan. They are soft, airy and definitely have a high-rise factor, which probably means eggs and lots of yeast. But, Vegetarians can ask for the grilled cheese sandwich without the bacon and it's still a treat.
The highlight of our meal was the grilled sweet pea fries. We picked around the Hickory Maplewood Bacon Bits, so Vegans and Vegetarians should remember to order them without the bacon. I wasn't expecting the addition of bacon bits in the Sweet Pea Fries, but they were magnificent anyway! Interwoven with a few green beans, these shiny grilled fries are as delicious as they are "pretty."
The Gazebo Gardens atmosphere is quite the experience. The wonderful live music is something you should take advantage of in the Beer Gardens. They play oldies with such gusto and melodic magic that it doesn't matter if you've heard these songs a thousand times before or not... And they got money in their "tip jar" from us that night.
So, Dusty Buns' Food Truck at the Gazebo Gardens seems to be the best location to check them out. The music is fabulous there and so is their Bistro-type Fast Food!

Return to Fresno Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dusty Buns Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.