Duos - IMG

Contact 317-508-8614

2960 N Meridian St (at International Medical Group), Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, 46208

Serves meat, vegan options available. Runs the cafeteria at the International Medical Group as well as a mobile food truck (see webpage for locations). Menu offers multiple veg choices such as such as roasted eggplant sandwich, veggie burger, a balance bowl with vegan cream sauce. Also has salads, soups, and at least one vegan dessert. At 30th St entrance across Children's Museum. Open Mon-Fri 7:00am-2:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Fast food, Take-out, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by TabithaShearer

Strange setting - delicious food! - Edit

My vegetarian mother-in-law and I decided to check out Duos and ended up at the Duos Kitchen by the Children's Museum. It was pretty weird walking into a hospital cafeteria for lunch, but we felt a little bit like we shouldn't be there, but we stuck it out and didn't regret it.

We got there late, so a few of the vegan options were out for the day, but I had the baked tofu sandwich: baked tofu, lettuce, tomato, and aioli on ciabatta bun - it was simple, honest, and delicious. My mother-in-law had a roasted asparagus sandwich ( I believe it had cheese so it wasn't vegan) and she also thought it was delicious.

We saw that there were vegan magic bars for desert, so I had to try one. Ohmuhgoodness it was delicious - way more delicious than the unassuming paper basket/plastic wrap packaging let on.

A sweet lady breezed past and complemented our shoes and the cheerful cashier, pointed out that was the owner, which I thought was really awesome that she was hanging around there.

I day dream about that tofu sandwich and magic bar!

Pros: honest food, vegan dessert

Cons: strange setting

Reliably delicious and healthy vegan options - Edit

I love Duos. I've eaten from the food truck and also from the Duos Kitchen. They're great, with at least two yummy vegan options on their weekly rotating menu and at least one vegan dessert.

I like that the menu is healthy, with a real focus on fresh, local, seasonal food. It's also always inventive. They usually have a slightly more decadent option as well, if you're feeling particularly hungry.

Pros: Healthy and inventive, Reasonable prices, Always have vegan dessert!

Wonderful Surprise - Edit

I have been working in Indianapolis a lot in the last few months and only stopped at Duos for lunch on my last visit. I had read about it online and then saw it parked right across from the OneAmerica building downtown. I ordered both vegan selections and they were both great. The people behind the counter were extremely friendly and enthusiastic about what they are doing and it's contagious. I'm not sure how often I will be in Indianapolis in the near future, but will make it my lunch stop every time when I'm there.

Pros: Excellent Food, Very Friendly staff, Quick service

I love the Duos truck! - Edit

I'm excited to see food trucks popping up around the city, and Duos is fabulous because they are vegetarian- and vegan-friendly, AND they source a lot of local foods for their menu. Everything I've gotten from Duos has been great! I always look forward to what they'll have on their menu from week to week - it's always unique and tasty! Owners are super-friendly as well. It can be a little pricey, but great food is worth it! :-)

Pros: vegan options, unique/changing menu, local

Cons: slightly pricey, changes locations

Return to Indianapolis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Duos - IMG closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2836 times since Apr 2011.