Duncan Garage Cafe and Bakery

Contact 250-748-6223

101-330 Duncan St (at Trunk Rd), Duncan, British Columbia, Canada, V9L 3W4

A vegetarian cafe located in the restored Duncan Garage building. Serves daily breakfast and lunch plus organic coffee, tea, specialty drinks, muffins and treats. Wheat-free, gluten free and vegan choices daily. Open Mon-Sat 7:00am-6:00pm, Sun 8:30am-5:00pm. Some exceptions to hours on holidays.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, International, Organic, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by Cortnie

Really cute place - Edit

I like this place a lot. It wasn't quite as delicious as people have raved about, but it was certainly a good option - and the bread was stupendous. We also had a sweet potato vegan cinnamon bun that was tasty, but our vegan muffin was not even average. Coffee is also extremely poor for a coffee place. But the decor and ambiance makes up for it all, and I'm sorry I didn't get a vegan ice cream sandwich that looked delicious! The soup of the day was also quite good.

How Have We Missed This? - Edit

This is a great place for lunch – very hippy-ish and laidback. There is a changeable menu board and then it’s cafeteria style ordering. The cashier took our order and our name. She said they’d call our name when our drinks and meals were ready, which worked perfectly. The veggie burger and quiche we ordered were both delicious. After lunch we popped into the organic food market in the same building. They suit each other nicely. There is lots of parking right outside on the street, free on weekends, and it’s also very close to Duncan’s Saturday Market, so it is overall very convenient. We only discovered it on our trip to Duncan yesterday, but it will be something to look forward to on future visits there.

Pros: great food, delicious Iced Americano on a hot day, free convenient parking

Always a hit, never a miss - Edit

Duncan Garage is thee best veggie place I've ever found.
Their menu is always changing and EVERYthing is delicious. NEVER bought something and didn't like it.
HUGE variety of baked goods. They have the staples and a bunch of new stuff everyday. I go several times weekly and still haven't made my way through the entire menu. They often have a few raw baked goods and they are even better then the baked.
ONLY bad thing I will say is parking is a nightmare. But rumor is they will be moving locations.
It is ALWAYS busy. Any time of day, but any length of line or wait or crazy crowd is worth the food.
Honestly can't say enough good things about the Garage. It's our go-to place and gets a gold medal!

Pros: huge variety, GF/VG/Raw options, satisfaction guarentee!

Cons: no parking

The go-to place for veg food in Duncan - Edit

The Duncan Garage Cafe and Bakery is the best place to go if you're looking for vegetarian or vegan food in Duncan. The cafe is vegetarian but always has multiple vegan options among the baked goods and on the lunch menu. This isn't like lots of places where they have a good vegetarian lunch menu but only one vegan option; there are always at least two or three vegan options plus one or both soups of the day will be vegan. The rice bowls and wraps are fantastic, and the desserts are addictive. The many vegan desserts include big cookies (chocolate chip lavender, peanut butter, etc.), muffins, banana brownies, and a variety of raw desserts. Sometimes they even have vegan cake. If you're a vegetarian or vegan in Duncan don't even bother checking out other restaurants, just go straight to the Garage!

Pros: Very vegan friendly, Tasty food, Great selection

Cons: Bad coffee, Could have better vegan breakfast option

My favorite place for lunch! - Edit

I eat at the Garage Cafe at least 4 times a week and I am never dissapointed! Their food is delicious. Everything is organic, healthy, vegitarian and vegan and they always have at least 3 great vegan options for lunch! Their wraps, rice bowl, pizza and soups are almost always vegan and are ALWAYS delicious. They also have features that change everyday like their vegan pot pie which is one of my favs! They also have really good vegan baking such as their brownies and maccaroons.

And an added bonus is that their staff are the best, they are all super sweet and helpful!

Pros: Excellent Food, Very Healthy, Very Friendly Staff

Cons: They aren't open for dinner

Return to Duncan Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Duncan Garage Cafe and Bakery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2081 times since Dec 2010.