Dun-Well Doughnuts

n/a

102 St Marks Pl, New York City, New York, USA, 10009

The East Village outpost of the famous Bushwick Dun-Well Doughnut emporium. Small, but efficient, you can get a large variety of vegan doughnuts, vegan ice cream/sundaes, coffee, Italian soda and lemonade. Open Mon-Thu 8:00am-10:00pm, Fri 8:00am-11:00pm, Sat 9:00am-11:00pm, Sun 9:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Bakery

First Review by User

Best donuts I ever tried - Edit

This small café is located outside of the touristic center. But if you are visiting to NYC, you just have to visit Dun-Well.

I did not realize that I will have some vegan donuts anymore, but yes, they exist. And they are so freaking good. I doubt if I may have tried any better before.

I ordered 6 to share with other person, but my favourite was maple-walnut flavour. The coatings are very tasty (excepting almond, it tasted too much of aroma) but the dough was perfect.

Updated from previous review on 2017-04-22

Pros: great selection, perfect taste

Cons: very small local

More donuts please! - Edit

Donuts do I need to say more? Oh yeah they're freaking vegan and delicious!

They made me a believer! - Edit

I've slowly come around to Dun-Well. When I first tried them several years ago at their Bushwick location, I hated them... mainly because the staff downright sucked! They were all your stereotypical hipsters that were too cool for school, or for serving you donuts. I think it made me not enjoy the donuts because I was not amazed by them like the rest of the city.

Fast forward to present day, I went to their East Village location and was pleasantly surprised with how crazy nice this staff was! They made eye contact and everything!! I ordered a half dozen donuts and then started to understand why everyone loves them... these donuts tasted magical! I'm now a believer. They have a few cake donuts too (my fave) which are great, I just wish they were a wee bit bigger. All in all, Dun-Well has won me over and I feel spoiled to have both them and Cinnamon Snail in the city.

the Homer! - Edit

Mmm donuts... friendly little place with yummy donuts (my favorite was the lemon raised) and good coffee with a variety of nondairy milks. They also have vegan ice cream. $10 minimum for credit cards (take some donuts home!)

Pros: friendly staff, delicious variety

An absolute must! - Edit

What a little gem! Brilliant place for an afternoon coffee in a nice atmosphere. The staff is very friendly and the doughnuts are absolutely AMAZING! Nearly a year after visiting NYC and we are still reminiscing them!

Pros: great choice, nice staff, wi-fi

YES! - Edit

This place is the bomb dot com. Killer donuts with some epic flavors. Don't miss stopping by! The staff are pretty great too!

Pros: Great donuts, Lots of choice

Cons: Minimal seating

so fresh! - Edit

I had a donut and a hot chocolate. The donut was so fresh and tasty. The service was friendly and there was a small bench to sit st.

best vegan donuts in the universe - Edit

You HAVE to go here if visiting NYC. We went to the manhattan store and were not disappointed. We actually went twice and got 1.5 dozen a time... so much flavour and variety. We were in heaven... you have to check this place out!

Done Well Dun-Well Doughnuts - Edit

This is a sweet micro-shop version of their original outpost in Bushwick. Same vegan donuts shipped in from their flagship bakery in Brooklyn. Great informal atmosphere (considering its micro environs). Friendly service in a small space, but it doesn't give the 10% discount for Woodstock Farm Sanctuary members. What's up with that? I had to deduct one star. Still the most bestest vegan donuts in creation.

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-29

Pros: Best donuts maybe anywhere, Awesome vegan ice cream

Cons: Too small to be as laid back as in Bushwick. , Dropped the 10% disc. for Woodstock FS Members

Return to New York City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dun-Well Doughnuts closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.