Dulce Vegan Bakery and Cafe

Contact 404-624-7417

1994 Hosea L Williams Dr NE (at Kirkwood area), Atlanta, Georgia, USA, 30317

Re-opened Sept 2015. Vegan bakery and cafe serving soups and sandwiches, cinnamon rolls, sweets, cupcakes, coffee, and tea. Has Wi-Fi. Accepts custom cake orders. Wed-Fri 7:30am-5:00pm, Sat 8:00am-5:00pm, Sun 8:00am-4:00pm

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by cari

Fantastic Goods! - Edit

It's been so long since I've had to read the full menu! I literally got just about one of every baked good and they were ALL fantastic (those cinnamon rolls...so tasty!)! As a new vegan to the greater Atlanta area, this place was a little out of the way of where I was heading but I made sure to stop and would highly recommend that you do too!! You won't be disappointed! Go Veg!

perfect breakfast sandwich! - Edit

I got an amaaaazing breakfast sandwich: tofu scrambled "egg", avocado, tomato and cheddar cheese. I seriously couldn't have asked for a better breakfast.

my husband got one of their giant cinnamon rolls and it was delicious as well!

Cons: a bit pricey (but worth it to me!)

Best Mint Cake - Edit

I decided to explore food options a little and stepped out of my comfort-zone by ordering the Grasshopper Cake. It was the best mint chocolate cake I have ever had. It had a creamy mint frosting covered in chocolate. The chocolate cake was so moist - it literally melts in your mouth. The cream was consistent and delicious.

We also ordered the scones - apple and cinnamon. The scones are not the best but taste pretty good. A bit too dry to my taste.

Altogether, customer service was excellent and the shoppe was decorated with character!

Pros: Aesthetics on fleek, Great prices, Moist cakes

Cons: Little options as the day goes on

Baked goods are good! - Edit

It is a bakery so I'm giving them 4 starts because all of their baked goods are amazing.
However their "regular" food items need some work. Last time I got a $10 "Caesar kale salad" and it was just a few kale leaves in some dressing... Maybe it was my mistake from expecting something more from a salad, but $10 dollars? Probably cost them a few cents to make, and it looked like something you'd get on the side of a meal.

cupcakes! - Edit

My partner bought me half a dozen vegan cupcakes for my birthday. Each one was a different flavor and all very tasty! The frosting was very very sugary though. Also, if you want a custom birthday cake, they need 24 hours in advance. Or at least that is they told us today. Definitely great for special occasions.

Unfriendly Vegan - Edit

The absolute worst customer service I have ever received in my life!! And to think it came directly from the owner who refused to sell vegan cookies to me.. Save you're money and eat else where where the food is vegan and customer service is friendly!!

Our go-to Saturday spot! - Edit

If I lived closer, I'd be at this place every morning. But since it's a little hike from Perimeter, we like to come here on Sarurday mornings for a baked delicacy, a breakfast sandwich and some delicious coffee. This place is so ridiculously yummy! I was so sad when they were closed for renovation, but now that they're back, life is complete. If you're in Atlanta, put this on your list. Get down to Kirkwood and enjoy some delicious vegan food!

Support Dulce! - Edit

This is a 100% vegan bakery and café which is enough of a reason to try it out. I can attest that the biscuits are wonderful and the baked goods I took home did not disappoint. I can't wait to try it again!

Pros: Vegan biscuits/breakfast, Wonderful baked good choices, 100% vegan

Cons: The coffee could be better, Don't visit when in a rush

Wonderful Cinnamon Rolls - Edit

I try to stop by Dulce Vegan whenever I'm in Atlanta just so I can take home a cinnamon roll. They make the best, most enormous cinnamon rolls, and their cake and cupcakes are excellent, too. Make sure to go early, though, they do sell out.

Pros: Huge Cinnamon Rolls, Day-Old Cupcake Sales, Friendly Staff

Cons: Hard to Find, Little Parking, Sells Out Quick

I love the black bean burger! - Edit

They have such a nice selection of an all vegan food. The black bean burger on a potato bread bun is so yum. The sweet potato/ black bean patties with the mango salsa on the side is spectacular! We go there at least twice a month.

Our favorite breakfast / lunch joint! - Edit

We absolutely love this place. We try to go every weekend for breakfast. It's a great place to relax, enjoy the wifi, have a coffee, latte or tea and eat great vegan breakfast sandwich. Don't forget desserts! They have a wide selection of tasty treats!

Pros: Excellent food, Good value, Friendly staff

Cons: Out of the way in Kirkland

My favorite lunch take-out place - Edit

I was excited to hear of this quaint little place in the Kirkwood section of Atlanta. I have been almost every week since my first visit. I love the biscuits and the lunch TLT sandwich!! I usually like the cinnamon rolls, but the sweetness varies from day to day, and, sometimes, the roll is just too sweet for me to eat. The biscuits and cinnamon rolls are really huge!! I love the lemon loaf!

My partner and I have tried the breakfast sandwiches, but we have not been overly impressed with any of those. As we eat a plant-based diet, I think that we are used to the spices I use in our dishes cooked at home, so the fillings in the breakfast biscuits here taste a bit bland to us, especially the "egg" and "sausage", so we make sure that we get the chipotle aioli sauce on our sandwiches. But this has become our go-to place for food on the run when we are heading out of town for a football game. We also grab extras for the next day's return trip home breakfast.

I love the TLT sandwich which I usually get for lunch when I go to the restaurant. I am going to try the Reuben next week and I hope it is as good as the TLT. The millet bread is really good!

The cupcakes are really small and I think that they are a bit costly for the size. I am not a fan of the cupcakes. I find both the cupcakes and the frosting too dense for my taste.

Pros: Biscuits are wonderful!, TLT Sandwich, Scones

Cons: Cupcakes texture and frosting, Prices for pastries, Breakfast sandwiches

Contributions +394

Awesome!! - Edit

This place rocks! They serve breakfast all day and have a lunch menu. I had the sand which there and it was so tasty. I also tried a scone and that was also delicious. The prices are also very good. I was surprised that this place wasn't busier.

Pros: Tasty , Pretty cheap, Big portions

Amazing - Edit

I loved everything I got from here. There's a wide array of desserts and even some gluten free options, which is super hard to find at vegan eateries. The breakfast sandwich (I got basic sausage and cheese) was delicious. My friend got the tempeh blt sandwich and that was yummy as well. I cannot wait to go back and I will definitely recommend Dulce to friends!

Pros: Excellent food, Wide selection, Friendy staff

Quaint eatery - Edit

This place is wonderful - the staff is always friendly and the baked goods are excellent. The sandwiches are good as well but the other entrees seem to fall a little short.

Pros: baked goods are great, a few tables outdoors, coffee also good

Cons: entrees not as good as bakery items, baked goods are a little pricey

Pretty Good - Edit

I've been here twice. The first time the service wasn't great. The desserts are delicious. The sandwiches are good, but not great. I enjoyed the soup. I think I've just been spoiled by the dough bakery. However, I would return here to try different items.

The only spot for cupcakes! - Edit

We found this on accident - and have been going every chance that we get. It is the ONLY place that we place orders for the most amazing cupcakes - that they can fit our needs: Vegan, Gluten-Free, and Soy-Free. And yes - they are incredible!!!
When in-town, we always schedule to be sure we can swing by for lunch.

Awesome! - Edit

My family and I ate here for lunch, what a great choice! Delicious cheezy cauliflower soup. I got the eggplant parmesan flatbread (gf) and my husband got the TLT. Both phenomenal as well as the chickpea salad! We got some goodies to go, too, of course! I wish we lived closer but we will definitely be back when we are in the city!!

DelightFULL!! - Edit

What can I say, I love this place! My husband I have been here twice, the first time Friday on a lunch date and today (sunday)for lunch again! The sandwiches are "Awesome" imaginative and gourmet appeal w/o the gourmet flavor! The bakery section has so many varieties of yummy goodies, I am not a "sweet tooth" person however I get 2 to 3 treats to take home for me and some for my little ones! Our new Fav Place! My con would be more menu items for lunch,the options they make are wonderful but puts me in the mindset off "mmmmmmmm.......what else can she make?" GET the Chaider!

Pros: FlavorFull, Friendly-Warm staff, Price

Cons: bigger space, more entrees

Wish it was closer - Edit

Went to Dulce Vegan for the 1st time yesterday. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! Had the TLT did not miss the bacon at all. Also, had a chocolate cupcake and cinnamon bun both were better than any none vegan version. I have been a vegan for only 6 months and get really excited when I find food that taste great!

How I wish you were closer to my house. I would be there everyday for lunch.

Wish you much success!!! Can't wait till my next visit.

Pros: Excellent Food, friendly staff, Taste!!!

Cons: Had to wait a bit, but it was worth it!, Prices for baked goods were no listed

Great cafe and 5 year old loved it too! - Edit

too my daughter her for her 5th birthday brunch. the staff was very nice-- made her a special grilled cheese. i liked the cafe selection for coffee and various kinds of mylks were used, not just soy. also really liked the cupcakes and the tempeh blt sandwich. will return for her 6th birthday, even though it is an hour away from my house.

Pros: friendly staff, quick services, good food

Praise for vegan entrepreneurs! - Edit

It can't be easy to run a vegan establishment, but you can feel the love in this place. I've been for breakfast (light, tender biscuits, vegan sausage) and again for cupcakes (so fresh and flavorful). I'm eager to go back for lunch.

Pros: All vegan, creative menu, walkable neighborhood

Incredible Sandwiches!! - Edit

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised to find this restaurant in Kirkwood, a section in town I rarely visit. First off, the service was great - the woman behind the counter was friendly, informative, and just had a great attitude. More importantly, our sandwiches were amazing! I was able to order their Chicken Salad in a sandwich format, which the employee did not blink an eye at. The bread was fresh and hearty, and it tasted so close to chicken salad that my mouth was watering while eating it (can that happen?). My husband ordered a tofu sandwich, which he loved. He got a vegan blueberry muffin as well, which he said was just okay. I wish they offered different sides with sandwiches, but they only had chips available. This is a nice spot to visit in ATL, and make sure to stop by Ardens Garden across the street to pick up a smoothie.

Pros: Excellent Service, Cute Atmosphere, Best vegan chicken salad ever!

Cons: Need better side options

Scones are no Joke! - Edit

I went here when they were just opening and didn't have much in the way of baked goods available, but I had a scone and my girlfriend had a cookie and they were both amazing. The french pressed coffee was great, just what I wanted. Girl behind the counter was very friendly, definitely recommend.

Pros: Friendly, Vegan, Scones

Good Eats & Treats! - Edit

I had the best cinnamon roll EVER there! The soup and sandwiches were also delicious! It was the only all-vegan place open on Sunday to grab breakfast but we weren't disappointed!
They have a small but sufficient food menu, a display of desserts and a good selection of specialty coffee and teas.

Pros: delecious, fast, clean

Amazing find in Kirkwood - Edit

I'm a long time vegetarian and short time vegan. One of the biggest challenges is eating out. I was so excited when I searched Happy Cow and discovered a new restaurant close to my part of town. My spouse and I had lunch at Dulce Vegan Bakery today and it was amazing! While the menu was rather small, there was likely something for anyone's taste. The ingredients were very fresh and they have an extensive tea selection along with coffee (next time I'll try the hemp latte). I had the "Chicken" salad with cranberries, served on a bed of arugula and with gluten free crackers. The generous portion was love at first bite. The text was perfect. The arugula's edge was a perfect balance to the salad. My spouse enjoyed the balsamic marinated tofu sandwich served with greens and walnut pesto. She totally enjoyed the sandwich. We took our desert home because we were so full. The selection was good. They offered a variety of creative scones, muffins, breads, and a peach/blueberry pie that was very tempting. I chose the blueberry/lemon cupcake and my spouse chose the very large cinnamon roll. Both were extremely fresh and flavorful. I'm delighted with our experience and can't wait to return.

Pros: fresh ingredients, excellent food, Imaginative combinations

Cons: Limited menu

Vegan baking done right. - Edit

A troup of us went in for some yummy desserts and were not disapointed... well I was sad that they didn't have their cinnimon rolls that day but we all still made out quite well. It makes sense that this place is a little new, because it kind of felt that way, like they were figuring some of the things out but the food was good to excellent, especially for vegan baking and the food was pretty good too. I didn't see any better options for vegan baking while in Atlanta and this place does not disapoint.

Pros: good yummy vegan baked goods., cute staff., lunch menu.

Cons: atmosphere is a bit dry for hanging out.

Amazing treats and a wonderful, smiling person at - Edit

So excited to have a vegan bakery in Atlanta! We finally made it to the bakery and couldn't have been more impressed. We had an array of yummies that satisfied the whole family (from 41 to 15 months). The staff was full of smiles and wonderful! We brought 4 vegan cinnamon rolls back to Birmingham to have for breakfast tomorrow! Can't wait to go back for the sandwiches.

Pros: Friendly staff, Delicious treats, Cozy

Cons: Need music playing

Good Vegan Bakery - Edit

This new vegan bakery in the Kirkwood neighborhood has lots of potential to be a favorite spot if they expand their lunch menu. Both times I've been there, they only had one option and very limited bakery items. The cinnamon rolls, coffee drinks (even offer hemp milk!) and cauliflower frittada (like a vegan quiche) I've had were great. Also there is a cute, hip atmosphere and friendly staff! I can't wait to see what else they offer in the future!

Amazing Vegan Food!! - Edit

Numm numm!!! This place is sooo super good! I went and had the pesto panini and some yummy cupcakes. I also got a french press and it was like 4 cups of coffee! So good, every single thing was mouth watering yummy! Also a great price! The ladies that were there were super nice and I plan on having them make my vegan sons birthday cake for his 3rd bday. I just can't say enough good about this place, can't wait to go back!

Pros: Taste, Price, Service

Cons: nada!

Return to Atlanta Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dulce Vegan Bakery and Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 13067 times since May 2011.