First Review by Miggi

Absolutely incredible dawgs! - Edit

Sometimes I'm just looking for an excuse to go there and eat hotdogs. Last time I went there were 4 or 5 vegan options, and the ones I've tried so far are amazing. They also had vegan cake and ice-cream, and beers on tap.

Pros: Loads of vegan options., Amazing food.

Vegan hotdogs and cakes! - Edit

We read about the new menu at Dukes on the vegan in Brighton blog so thought we'd better give it a try - purely so we could report back to the HappyCow community, naturally! It's not somewhere we would have thought of eating out before and we were impressed that they had made an effort to provide veggie and vegan food.
They have a fairly small cafe-bar so the menu isn't vast but there were 2 vegan hot-dog meals, vegan sides, their soup was vegan and so were both cakes.
The hot-dog meals were £8 and were:
A "classic" type - white roll, hot-dog, onions, ketchup and mustard, served with fries.
A herby mushroom one - granary roll, herby sausage, mushrooms, onions, wholegrain mustard, served with sweet potato wedges.
These were both a good size lunch, full of flavour and nicely presented with a dip and a few nacho chips too. You could change the side if you wanted.
Cakes were traybake type squares of lemon polenta (which was pleasant though the topping could have been stronger), or chocolate fudge cake (very chocolatey but not very spongy, more like gingerbread consistency) £2 a slice.
Soya milk available for drinks.
It made a nice change to have a "meaty" fast-food vegan meal in Brighton - an option that's been quite lacking since Red Veg closed.

Pros: vegan options clearly marked, vegan cakes, soya lattes

Cons: not 100% vegan

Return to Brighton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dukes at Komedia Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1494 times since Dec 2012.