• Duck Island Ice Cream

• (9)
  • Ice-cream Ice Cream
Lacto

Ice cream parlour which offers at least 6 rotating vegan flavours. Also offers vegan sundaes and cones. Open Mon-Wed 11:00am-10:00pm, Thu-Sat 11:00am-11:30pm, Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

First Review by Annabelle0704

LC70PZJ70

Points +561

09 Feb 2024

Yum!

Great flavors. Plenty of choice. Reasonable prices.

rhinoxara

Points +226

13 Sep 2023

Love it 🙌🏻

Great icecream for a reasonable price. You can definitely taste the coconut flavour of the icecream. I had the Salted Brownie and peanut butter cookie dough, which I really liked.

Pros: Pretty store , Great options , Good prices

cam93

Points +116

04 Feb 2023

Outstanding vegan ice cream

It’s utterly incredible. Just so so good. I went 5 times in 6 days. Probably didn’t need to, but I do not regret it.

Pros: Such good vegan choices

vegies28

Points +385

21 Jan 2023

Delicious ice cream!

So many great vegan flavours! I got the chocolate cherry chunk and salted chocolate brownie which were absolutely delicious!! The best ice cream I've had in NZ!

Pros: So many vegan options!

Tiggy

Points +15205

11 Dec 2022

Delicious

My friend took us here to reward her young daughter for sitting quietly for three hours while we caught up over lunch. I was advised the strawberry, coconut and lime leaf was a satisfying ‘adult’ flavour and so ordered this on a cone, and then allowed myself to be upsold to adding a scoop of the mango-passionfruit sorbet. The sorbet was nice, but the strawberry was a cut above: it had a pleasantly umami/bitter note - a bit like tea - that I imagine was from the lime leaf, and it complemented the sweetness beautifully. This place wouldn’t have been my first pick for a vegan ice cream but it did deliver.

Updated from previous review on 2022-12-11

Melissa:)

Points +76

04 Dec 2022

This was SO good

The flavours were so tasty and creative. I tried the salted brownie vegan ice cream. Truly beautiful. The only thing that would stop me going for more all the time is probably the price-- it's fairly reasonable but not something I would be able to afford regularly so a special treat.

Updated from previous review on 2022-12-04

ellaidagrantham

Points +563

31 Aug 2022

Best Vegan Icecream Ever

I’m a tough critic and this is genuinely the best vegan icecream I have ever tried. Recommend the salted brownie flavour. I had a $10NZD icecream sundae which was immaculate.

Pros: So many vegan options, Also non-vegan options, Can get tubs to take away

marmaladelover

Points +56

05 Aug 2022

Highly Recommend (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧

10 incredibly delicious looking vegan options! Friendly and warm staff, very very pretty looking location with a lovely atmosphere. Paid $6.50 for a single - two half scoops to try two different flavours - 100% worth the price ^^,
I would highly recommend their salted caramel sesame (??) chocolate peanut and strawberry (coconut lime leaf) flavours !! I know the other people I was with also heavily enjoyed their chocolate cherry and black sesame icecreams ⚘

▪︎ Update: Loved the salted caramel sesame chocolate peanut so much that we bought a tub of it ($11) from my local supermarket for the fam to try 🫂 - went down as a total hit with the omnis too :D

Updated from previous review on 2022-08-05

Pros: 10 unique and fresh flavours to choose from, soft icecream, toppings and extras avaliable

Annabelle0704

Points +535

07 Feb 2021

Go to for ice cream!

Ice cream is unreal! The flavours are interesting not just the boring ones. Off the top of my head I can remember they had peanut butter cookie dough, plum sorbet, strawberry and bay leaf, chocolate and cherry, mango and passionfruit and black sticky rice. There were others but can't remember all of them. So nice to have vegan selection that isn't solely sorbet and fruity, or overwhelmingly 'coconut-y'. Can't recommend this place enough. They even have vegan fudge sauce you can add to your ice cream! Pretty awesome to see over half of the selection being plant based.