Dream Garden

020-87320298

1-A, Jiangdi, Huangdong Museum of Art, 38 Yanyu Road, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou, China

Chinese name 梦幻花园, address 越秀区烟雨路38号南门广东美术馆江堤1楼自编A. Western style bar and restaurant. Some seats have view of the river. Offers afternoon tea and Wi-Fi. Open Mon-Sun 12:00am-2:00am, Mon-Sun 10:30am-12:00am.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Thai, Western, Non-veg

First Review by Jrosworld

Poor - Edit

Having previously tried to visit this restaurant three months ago, but been turned away because it was closed for a wedding (so I recommend calling ahead), I was excited to finally get inside and give it a try. And...

Well finally getting inside, the decor is completely inappropriate. It looks like a nightclub. It even has a DJ booth set-up, although on asking, we were told that it closed at 6pm that day. Many of the chairs were decorated with pink ribbons, so presumably the DJ booth is for when they host weddings, but in truth, it reminded me of a seedy strip club.

There were no other customers in the restaurant on this lunchtime. And the staff looked completely surprised that we came in.

The manager / owner was actually a really nice guy, and I feel a bit bad about writing a negative review because of him. But he really was the only positive.

I got a veggie burger, which was expensive (¥58), tiny, and pretty horrible. Neither the patty nor the bread tasted fresh (I think that they were both frozen). And it was perhaps the smallest veggie burger I've ever had. Almost a slider. To be fair, the side of fries that came with it were very tasty.

My friend got the spaghetti (also ¥58), and this too was disappointing. Certainly not freshly cooked, and it had too much salt. It almost felt like school canteen food.

This looked like a night club, and the food that they served tasted like night club food.

There's a little bakery nearby, and I would recommend that ahead of Dream Garden of you find yourself hungry on this otherwise delightful island.

Pros: Friendly manager / owner, Free wifi

Cons: Serves meat, Food is poor, Decor is more fitting of a strip club

Return to Guangzhou Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dream Garden closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.