Dragon's Lair Burger Co.

403-249-0052

1200 37 Street, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, T3C 1S5

Serves meat, vegan options available. Burger place in a mall food court setting. Offers one vegan-suitable veggie burger made in-house and a veggie chilli. Open Mon-Fri 10:00am-9:00pm, Sat 9:30am-5:30pm, Sun 12:00pm-5:00pm.

Category: American, Western, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Baxter

Probably good for beet lovers - Edit

Like the last reviewer I ordered this burger without realizing it was made from beets. I didn't enjoy it, but I also really hate beets. It seems like they tried hard to make an appealing veggie burger and I appreciate the effort. Unfortunately I think beets are one of those love it or hate it type foods and it's not for me. I hope they introduce another kind of veggie burger in the future, I'm sure they would hit it out of the park.

Pros: Reasonably priced, friendly owner

Cons: The only veggie burger is made from beets

If you like beets, you'll love the veggie burger! - Edit

I, however, detest beets...and i didn't know the ingredients until speaking with the owner, after i had ordered. But anyhow, the burger itself is moist, has a definite "beet-y" flavour and falls apart very easily, so i was given a fork along with my order. The owner said she was working on getting a vegan cheese (which might help hold the burger together a bit), so kudos to her for at least making the effort to provide vegans with a food-court option.

Pros: Friendly staff, Great if you like beets

Return to Calgary Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dragon's Lair Burger Co. closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.