Downtown Crepe Cafe

Contact 519-576-2828

28 Benton St, Kitchener Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, N2B 0B1

Serves meat, vegan options available. Crepe cafe in downtown Kitchener near Charles St bus terminal. Makes food in-house. Soup of the day is always vegan as is the bread and garden salad. The gluten-free buckwheat crepe batter is vegan and can be used for: ratatouille vegetarian crepe (can ask to omit cheese); under the Tuscan sun crepe (substitute chickpeas for chicken); and in a few others with modification for vegans - ask. Staff is willing to accommodate. Has almond milk for coffee drinks. Open Tue-Fri 9:00am-3:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-5:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Western, Take-out, Catering, French, Non-veg

First Review by allkaleseitan

More information, less review! - Edit

I'm the cook here so I can't really review the service, but I can talk about the food. The buckwheat crepe is delicious but very very filling, and is sometimes the only substitution needed to veganize any of our crepes. All crepes are vegetarian except the sweet bacon, mexican taco, canadian breakfast, and egg and sausage. Most can be made vegan very easily, just ask the staff! My coworker (also vegan) is the barista and baker, so most baked goods are vegan (ask us, since we do not label them) and we offer almond milk. All fancy syrups are made by her in house and are also vegan. We also offer catering, and most recently my boss has made lentil and squash tacos and pulled jackfruit for the veg option, and both are delicious! While she and the other owners aren't veg*n, they've been around my coworker and I long enough to have picked up on some tips!

Also, right next door to us there's a froyo place called Rchyees, and they have some delicious vegan dairy-free froyo!

Pros: large portions, friendly staff, accommodating

Return to Kitchener Waterloo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Downtown Crepe Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 498 times since Aug 2015.