Down to Earth Organic and Natural

• Health-food-store Health Store
808-947-7678

2525 S King St (at Oahu), Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, 96826

Vegetarian market on the Hawaiian islands. Features a deli and bakery, hot and cold buffet bar where food is sold by weight. Stocks a range of health food products. Multi level building allows parking on the 3rd floor above the street, extra dining area in the store on 2nd floor, and several tables on the street. Open Mon-Sun 7:30am-10:00pm.

First Review by ShiraM

great vegan options - Edit

vegetarian supermarket where you can find most vegan products avail on the market. Plenty of vegan options in the hot food bar, baked goods and made to order counter.

Its Vegan Paraadise, can I live here ? ? - Edit

I've been a customer of Down to Earth Hawaii for over 13 yrs. I've even taught cooking classes here occasionally as I used to be a vegan chef. Down to Earth is by far the best vegan/vegetarian eatery in Hawaii. Its also a vegetarian grocery store, but given our limited vegan restaurant options here, DTE hits the spot everytime. I esp. love their vegan-g-free pizza, curries on the hot bar, curry fried rice, fresh and organic salad bar ingredients, smoothies, deli sandwiches and overall vibe. The staff are always so friendly and lovely and the place is all vegetarian so you feel great giving them your money. I can't say enough great things about Down to Earth, I wish I could move into the store and live there sometimes ;)

Pros: All vegetarian/vegan grocer and deli, Amazing buffet and salad bar, tons of local and organic products

Cons: nothing !

Down to Earth Organic and Natural - King Street - Edit

This location seemed more expensive than the other locations that I have visited so far. There is parking on the ground level if you can find it but additional parking is just up the ramp. The garage parking has a parking attendant that hands out tickets (make sure to get your ticket validated at check out and bring it back to the attendant). Nice location for students at UH and residents living near by. Down to Earth does have a reward card program - free to sign up. This location has a hot and and cold bar - $9.99/lb. There are also vegan pizza options, baked goods, a smoothie and sandwich bar, wellness area and a good sized produce section.

Pros: Vegan Items

Cons: Pricey

try their pizza - Edit

this is a great place to get vitamins or groceries but I really look forward to their vegan gluten free pizza and other lunch items. the staff are also really great and super helpful

Pros: lots of vegan options good prices friendly folks

I love this location! - Edit

(No longer live in Hawaii)
I didn't live close by to this location, but I loved visiting when I was.
It has different options than the one in Pearl City, but I always feel more 'in' with the cool vegans when I visit this one! haha!
It's just really cute.
I appreciate the parking as well.

Pros: awesome location, vegan!

good selection - expensive though - Edit

Seriously everything you could want as a veg or vegan. I found myself in awe of all the things that are hard to get where I live. Produce is pretty good - lots of local options. Good selection of prepared and frozen items (if you are renting nearby this makes life easy). The food bar looked good - we had the huge salad rolls (good) - but expensive. Esp the baking. But it's nice to have the option. Smoothies looked nice but go to da spot down the street for a more affordable option

Pros: everything you might want, you will find, nice options in buffet, natural and vegan personal products

Cons: price can be prohibitive , sadly local produce costs more than imported

Paradise - Edit

This place is seriously a vegans dream come true! Friendly service with amazing selection. They have a full vegetarian buffet style deli where you can scoop your own meals or order from their counter. Also has baked goods which they mark vegan if they are vegan. Full freezer, cruelty-free beauty, cereal, baking products, everything!

Pros: Lots of vegan, Great service

Really convenient - Edit

There are numerous options for vegetarians and vegans here. There is a deli where you can get sandwiches, wraps etc. made - my husband got a rainforest sub which was very tasty. I got an avocado wrap - it was very nice but they put on way too much mustard. Another day we got some hot and cold food from the buffet - we got (all vegan) rice paper rolls, sushi, rice with veggies, potato cubes, coleslaw and some stir fry - all very tasty. We also bought some other items here such as cereal/energy bars and juice so it was really handy to get everything all in one place.

Pros: Good choice, good value

Cons: location a little far from hotel

I love down to Earth - Edit

As a vegan and someone who appreciated natural items I can say that I have always loved shopping at DTE. They have just about anything you could ask for from vitamins to shampoo to produce.

Pros: great selection, great location

Cons: a bit pricey

Amazing! - Edit

Amazing like every Down to earth store!

Very good! - Edit

I like this store. The vegan ice was awesome!

want to come back again - Edit

I had a basil spaghetti, grilled veges, thai curry and roasted potato from hot deli. They all were very good though a little bit too salty for me. From cold deli I had Hijiki salad, which was a chinese flavour with sesami oil, pasta salad and coleslaw. They were very tasty, too. There are many choices, all healthy and authentic.

Too good to be true! - Edit

This place is like heaven for us. Every time we go to Oahu we visit Down to Earth just about every day. There is absolutely nothing like this in Australia, though fingers crossed, there will be one day! The cafe is delicious (yum mock chicken salad, potato salad, soups, thai curry, veggie dogs, burgers etc plus fab smoothies, juices etc - and let's not forget the amazing vegan chocolate pudding, cakes, cookies and so on) plus the huge range of vegan products available on the shelves and in the fridges. Our kids' eyes almost popped out of their heads - they were sooo excited (and so were we!). Highly recommended.

fantastic all veg healthfood store/deli - Edit

Yep the parking is a little annoying, (1/2hr validation so don't linger too long), but down to earth seriously rocks! We found low fat vegan muffins we stocked up on for our breakfasts, you'll find a plethora of store made vegan baked goods. The hot bar and deli are great. Ample selection of products, one stop shop for all your organic needs

Pros: low fat vegan muffins

Cons: parking

Awesome store - Edit

During our vacation, we stopped by to stock up for our hotel's kitchenette and were pleasantly suprised to find so much great stuff. A vegetarian health food store with no meat! The deli area was great too. The majority of the items were marked vegan. We had lunch there before we shopped as well as taking deli stuff to go. My boyfriend really loved the vegan shakes (which weren't available at the other two locations which we tried too). I wish I had a Down to Earth in LA!

Pros: great deli, all veggie store, vegan shakes

Cons: parking garage not convenient with cart

LOVE THEM! - Edit

I find everything I need there. They always have the friendliest employees and they are always willing to help you with whatever you need.

Pros: friendly, knowlegable, good variety

Cons: small

Contributions +397

This store rules! - Edit

This is the only health/natural food store in Honolulu that I feel comfortable shopping at. Unlike other health food stores that also carry non-vegetarian items, everything in this store is vegetarian or vegan. I don't have to worry about product may contain non-vegetarian ingredients or additives. I love their selection of items, too. You can find almost everything you'd need for vegetarian/vegan grocery - from deli items to household cleaning items. I disagree with the post on the store is over-priced compared to Wholefood. Although not cheap, I think they are very reasonable. They have more selections than wholefood.

I go every time! - Edit

Down to Earth is the coolest! Every time I'm in Waikiki, which is often, I always go to Down to Earth to stock up on all my vegan fixins. The whole store is vegetarian! Can you believe that? So nice.

My favorite at the salad/food bar is the mock chicken (tofu), it's delicious! Not far from the beach hotels, you can actually walk, but if you get a lot, you'll need to drive! Great place, a MUST if even just for lunch, but especially if you have a kitchen/kitchenette to stock.

A tad bit pricey, but what isn't on the islands?

Pros: totally vegetarian!, variety, smoothies too!

Cons: a little expensive

Return to Honolulu Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Down to Earth Organic and Natural closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.