Doughnut Plant - Lumine Est

• Bakery Bakery
Contact n/a

160-0022 Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 3-38-1, Tokyo, Japan,

Donut counter with multiple outlets in the city - this one is at 東京都新宿区新宿3-38-1. Makes egg-free donuts from natural ingredients. Offers vegan varieties, including a baked soy milk doughnut and a baked soy milk caramel doughnut plus a couple seasonally changing ones. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-10:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:30am-10:00pm.

First Review by Gurugurugravity

yum! - Edit

They usually only have 2 vegan options at a time. The flavours tend to alternate every week or so. When we went they had green tea and coffee hazelnut. I usually love green tea but I didn't so much like the green tea donut. The coffee hazelnut however was AMAZING! We went back twice :)

Tip: Go earlier in the day as they are better when they're fresh

Pros: Delicious, Who doesn't love donuts

Cons: Only 2 flavours

Handy for vegan doughnut cravings - Edit

I first tried to go to the one in Kichijoji, but this turns out to be the main kitchen (though it also appears to sell doughnuts) and it's open between the odd hours of 8pm and 2am. I was too early.

I went to the outlet in Lumin Est, right outside Shinjuku Station instead, and got to try two: maple walnut, and cranberry. Great! The larger doughnuts are 350 JPY, and they have a huge array of other flavours (containing dairy, though not eggs), with smaller ones starting at less than 200 JPY.

Nothing special given that there are a wide array of traditional Japanese desserts which are vegan by default. But if you're craving a doughnut, or passing through Shinjuku station and don't have energy to figure out what else is vegan for a sugary snack, this is a good bet.

This review was originally posted at https://rhiaro.co.uk/2016/11/vegan-in-tokyo#doughnut

Pros: Doughnuts!, Good value

Cons: Only a couple of vegan ones

Tasty but limited options - Edit

This location is small and only had one option which was marked "soy, no egg". It was a pumpkin doughnut and very yummy. Similar in quality to others I've had. Maybe other locations will have a larger selection.

Delicious but wish it had more than one option - Edit

I don't know if it's the lack of doughnuts I have tried since being vegan so that I can't make a decent comparison, but I found these delicious. They always seem to have just one vegan option though, which is always the same, changing on the season it seems (but the two I tried were very similar. both cranberry I believe) and that's why I can't give the five stars rating.

They don't have sitting area but you can go to the upper level (in Lumine east next to Starbucks) in a corridor, there's the own Starbucks sitting space and also another free sitting space for you to enjoy the doughnut while resting for a while (although it's usually crowded).

Pros: Fluffy delicious doughnut

Cons: Only one option

just one sorry option - Edit

I was excited to try the only vegan option the had, but I'm sad to report that the berry donut was absolutely boring. We paid about ¥320 for it and my friend and I got too bored to finish it. Save your money and spend it on mochi

Some vegan options - once you find it - Edit

This is a little doughnut place in Shinjuku station that offers one or two soy milk variety doughnuts.

If you are having trouble finding it. Find the main Shinjuku station entrance and walk into the station from between the two glass pyramids. The booth is located diagonally to the right from this entrance near the east exit. There isn't an area to sit down sadly.

The doughnuts are lovely and great to snack on after months without shop bought sweets.

Return to Tokyo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Doughnut Plant - Lumine Est closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.