Double Dutch Pancake House

+44-1904658728

7 Church St, York, England, YO31 8BG

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cafe offering pancakes which can be savoury or sweet. Has a separate vegan menu and vegan milkshakes, plus a standard drinks menu with coffee and soya milk etc. Open Mon-Thu 10:00am-6:00pm, Fri-Sun 9:00am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, European, Non-veg

First Review by SarahRichardson

cute and friendly - Edit

Milkshakes to die for, pancake was great for lunch. None vegan friend had vegan food and loved it

Vegan Pancakes Are Delicious - Edit

Double Dutch Pancake House was the perfect stop for breakfast, as they had a good vegan menu and I was starving. I chose the Vegan Mex pancake, served with salsa and guacamole and I was dying for a coffee, but they had no decaf coffee or tea, apart from Rooibos, which I do not like, so had a sparkling water instead.

The pancake was a good size, really light and perfectly cooked and with the guacamole and salsa, was a perfect morning after the night before reviver.

I love they have a good range of vegan options, using products like vegan pesto, Swedish Glace ice-cream and soya milk.   I would definitely revisit when next in York.

Pros: Vegan Menu, Vegan ice-cream, Vegan milkshakes

Delicious vegan pancakes - Edit

Dropped in for lunch. Vegan menu offered with a good number of options, which differed from the main menu. The vegan in our party was very happy. Lovely, friendly atmosphere and efficient service.

Updated from previous review on 2017-04-11

Special birthday treat - Edit

When you see a sign outside an establishment saying vegan & gluten free, I don't know about you but I dive in there, not only to keep them in business but to sample there delights and we weren't disappointed.
I spotted the separate vegan, gluten free menu as soon as we walked in and we were shown to a table and all though it was quiet for mid-week they have only been open six months and York was much quieter itself after the festivities. I chose a vegan sweet pancake with sliced pear pancakes come with biscoff and Swedish glace in separate little pots and my partner had the gluten free version.
It was extremely large and very filling I couldn't manage all the biscoff and Swedish glace, really scrummy.

Updated from previous review on 2017-01-05

Pros: Delicious , Filling, Different

Cons: They do have a savoury meat version

Return to York Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Double Dutch Pancake House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.