Dosai Place

Contact 877-252-3672

440 US Highway 130 Ste 10, East Windsor, New Jersey, USA, 08520

Casual Indian restaurant. Offers a daily lunch buffet, and Thursday is dosa night. Vegans to ask which dishes are made without dairy. Open Mon-Fri 11:30am-3:00pm, Mon-Fri 5:30pm-10:00pm, Sat 11:30am-10:30pm, Sun 11:30am-9:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Take-out, Catering, Indo-Chinese

First Review by jess z.

oooooh yea - Edit

Amazing and fresh. the rice pancakes are out of this world. such friendly and attentive service even for a buffet style restaurant. sooo good. this is my first time here but surely will not be my last.

Pros: vegan options, fresh food, readily hot food great attentive service

Cons: did not find any cons for my first time here

Disappointing but would give another chance - Edit

After finding this listing on Happy Cow, I stopped in for the lunch buffet. There was only 1 person working and he did not understand my question on which items contained dairy such as ghee (I'm vegan). He kept reiterating "no", seeming to get annoyed when I asked for more clarification and then said I could have everything. When I looked at the items, there was a paneer dish, avial, gulab jamun, butter naan and a few other questionable items that could contain dairy. I knew right away that he did not know what I had meant. The idly, masala dosa, "vegetable" pakora (it was only onions) and basmati rice I had were fine, but nothing special. The server also never came over to check on me and I had to flag him down. Unfortunately, yet another example of a Vegetarian restaurant not being quite so Vegan-friendly. That being said, I could see trying this place again outside of the lunch buffet, maybe even for a dosa night, but I would hope the server would be able to better communicate in English and understand our dietary needs.

Pros: $9 Lunch Buffet, Easy To Find

Cons: Understanding of Vegan Dietary Needs, Slow Service, Poor Service

Fresh food, wonderful flavors... - Edit

I really enjoy the food at Dosai Place. The staff is friendly and helpful, and there are always large families when we go, which is a testament to how yummy the food is. My favorite is the aloo gobi (sorry for the spelling) and my bf's favorite is the special dosa with nuts and spices. The food is rich with spices and heat, which is why we like it there so much.

Pros: Large portions, Good value

Cons: Uncomfortable seating

Return to East Windsor Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dosai Place closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5266 times since Mar 2013.