Dosa Temple - Ashland

• Vegetarian
Contact 508-879-6800

59 Pond St (at Route 126, in Ponds Plaza), Ashland, Massachusetts, USA, 01721

Extensive vegetarian South Indian cuisine menu. Offers a variety of dosas and curries. Features a daily lunch buffet. Also a location in Somerville, MA. Formerly Chennai Woodlands.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Delivery, Take-out

First Review by spaslam

I love this place - Edit

I get take-out there for lunch at least two to three times a month, but just actually sat down and had lunch there for the first time about three weeks ago. When I first learned of Dosa Temple I was blown away...everything was so flavorful. A few months ago, after getting back to the office and finally tearing into my favorite dish (Malai kofta ), I noticed something was awry. At first glance the color was off. I thought little of it at the time and continued on. Then I noticed that the taste seemed a bit off too. It wasn't nearly as flavorful as it had been in the year or so leading up to this date and there seemed to be far less golden raisins and almonds in the sauce. I have since had it several times along with other dishes, but it just hasn't been the same. I'm only speculating, but I think they might have lost a cook.

It's by far, still, my favorite Indian restaurant in the area...and one of the only all vegetarian/southern Indian places around (at least that I know of). I highly recommend it if you haven't been there. They also give a 5% discount for paying with cash. ;)

Pros: All vegetarian, Southern Indian, Always friendly

Cons: No lunch buffet

A great South Indian restaurant - Edit

This restaurant is a great veggie choice. A wonderful veggie buffet, and a menu that is quite good, including dosas and iddlis. We went last week and we are going again today.

Pros: Great food, Good service, Veggie only

Cons: Driving there is annoying, traffic is intense

Return to Ashland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dosa Temple - Ashland closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1839 times since Aug 2007.