Dosa Temple - Ashland

508-879-6800

59 Pond St (at Route 126, in Ponds Plaza), Ashland, Massachusetts, USA, 01721

Extensive vegetarian South Indian cuisine menu. Offers a variety of dosas and curries. Features a daily lunch buffet. Also a location in Somerville, MA. Formerly Chennai Woodlands. Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Delivery, Take-out

First Review by spaslam

Favorite Indian in Metro-Boston - Edit

I've been eating at Indian restaurants in the greater Boston area since the mid 2000's and Dosa Temple has won out as my overall favorite. The fact that they are all veg/mostly vegan helps, but I've found Dosa Temple to be the most authentic, most consistent, and the best price.
My favorite is their weekend buffet which will give you a wide range of options to choose from with everything vegan clearly marked.
If ordering off the regular menu definitely get the Gobi 65!

Pros: Authentic Food, Good value, Casual

Cons: Location

Good Indian Food - Edit

If you are looking for a decent Indian eat-out, Dosa temple is the good one in the neighborhood. Our favorite are the Mysuru Masale Dose and Idli-vade. We had ordered the Thali which turned out to be good. The chaats and manchurians are good as well.

Pros: Clean and delicious, Good selection on the menu

Cons: Not eco-friendly

wow! - Edit

Best Indian food I've had since I was in Delhi.

I love this place - Edit

I get take-out there for lunch at least two to three times a month, but just actually sat down and had lunch there for the first time about three weeks ago. When I first learned of Dosa Temple I was blown away...everything was so flavorful. A few months ago, after getting back to the office and finally tearing into my favorite dish (Malai kofta ), I noticed something was awry. At first glance the color was off. I thought little of it at the time and continued on. Then I noticed that the taste seemed a bit off too. It wasn't nearly as flavorful as it had been in the year or so leading up to this date and there seemed to be far less golden raisins and almonds in the sauce. I have since had it several times along with other dishes, but it just hasn't been the same. I'm only speculating, but I think they might have lost a cook.

It's by far, still, my favorite Indian restaurant in the area...and one of the only all vegetarian/southern Indian places around (at least that I know of). I highly recommend it if you haven't been there. They also give a 5% discount for paying with cash. ;)

Pros: All vegetarian, Southern Indian, Always friendly

Cons: No lunch buffet

A great South Indian restaurant - Edit

This restaurant is a great veggie choice. A wonderful veggie buffet, and a menu that is quite good, including dosas and iddlis. We went last week and we are going again today.

Pros: Great food, Good service, Veggie only

Cons: Driving there is annoying, traffic is intense

Return to Ashland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dosa Temple - Ashland closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.