Dosa Corner

Contact 614-459-5515

1077 Old Henderson Rd (at Kenny), Columbus, Ohio, USA, 43220

Small, simple shop. Specializes in vegetarian South Indian cuisine. Mon 5:00pm-9:00pm, Tue-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-8:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by SarahE

Not earth-friendly - lacks good service - Edit

I tried to talk to the owner about making use of reusable dinnerware instead of foam /plastic utensils for serving. No one bothered.... Using Styrofoam/plastic utensils for hot and spicy food is bad for health and environment.... I wont return to this place - just think about how much of trash they make every day, every year!!

Pros: Vegatarian

Cons: bad customer service

So Excited to have South Indian food! - Edit

I came for lunch and got the chana masala dosa. It was delicious and huge-definitely good bang for your buck. It came on a stainless steal plate but with plastic utensils. (Another reviewer said they got a plastic plate, so I guess that's an improvement?) The service was very good.

cheap Dosa - Edit

I've only eaten here once, and while my dosa was delicious, the atmosphere was cheap-looking. We were served on Styrofoam plates and plastic forks, even though we were dining in, not taking it out. That was strange to me, and I don't know if this is a regular thing they do or if was just that day or what. The server also didn't seem to know what she was doing. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here again, but I wouldn't avoid the place either.

Excellent Food - Edit

We found this restaurant on Happy Cow and because of the high rating when I flew in to the Columbus airport we went out of our way to eat here. Looks like a bit of a hole in the wall but the food was great and we tried a lot of different things! I was glad I hadn't eaten all day. If you're from Albuquerque, it's not quiet as good as Annapurna but it has some of the same south Indian dishes and the portions are a good size! I would highly recommend and was surprised to find it in Ohio!

Pros: Tastey, Quick, Good Portions

Cons: Location to Airport

Wow! - Edit

I visited Dosa Corner while in Columbus for business last night. Overall this was a wonderful experience. You get the feeling that the place is all about the food when you pull up outside. This is code for: "don't get upset when you look at the place...it's worth it." One nice Indian man took my order and then another older Indian gentleman brought it out. I got the distinct impression that gentleman number 2 also cooked my food. I enjoyed a Bangalor Vegitarian Dosa which I have never had before and was HUGE. It was described as a crepe filled with veggies and potato and served with two sauces that I cannot identify..both were very good. The description is correct, but I must caution you abotu the sheer size of the crepe. I also ordered a veg. briyani (sp) which was wonderful but I could only eat half of.

Bottom line is that this place is definitley worth checking out if you are a fan of good vegitarian indian food.

Great - Edit

The food ranges from good to excellent - I've never been disappointed here. The space is a little "low-end" although they have definitely spiffed things up lately. Super friendly and super good food.

Pros: Great food, Homemade pickle, Inexpensive

Cons: "Low-end" atmosphere, Remind them you need ice for your soda

Return to Columbus Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dosa Corner closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3617 times since Aug 2007.