Dosa Corner

614-459-5515

1077 Old Henderson Rd (at Kenny), Columbus, Ohio, USA, 43220

Small, simple shop. Specializes in vegetarian South Indian cuisine. Open Mon 5:00pm-9:00pm, Tue-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by SarahE

Not earth-friendly - lacks good service - Edit

I tried to talk to the owner about making use of reusable dinnerware instead of foam /plastic utensils for serving. No one bothered.... Using Styrofoam/plastic utensils for hot and spicy food is bad for health and environment.... I wont return to this place - just think about how much of trash they make every day, every year!!

Pros: Vegatarian

Cons: bad customer service

GreenBeans21 03 Dec 2016 - You will be happy to know that they now serve their dishes on metal plates, use silverware and have metal cups for the water. No more waste! Delicious food still as well :-)

So Excited to have South Indian food! - Edit

I came for lunch and got the chana masala dosa. It was delicious and huge-definitely good bang for your buck. It came on a stainless steal plate but with plastic utensils. (Another reviewer said they got a plastic plate, so I guess that's an improvement?) The service was very good.

cheap Dosa - Edit

I've only eaten here once, and while my dosa was delicious, the atmosphere was cheap-looking. We were served on Styrofoam plates and plastic forks, even though we were dining in, not taking it out. That was strange to me, and I don't know if this is a regular thing they do or if was just that day or what. The server also didn't seem to know what she was doing. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here again, but I wouldn't avoid the place either.

Excellent Food - Edit

We found this restaurant on Happy Cow and because of the high rating when I flew in to the Columbus airport we went out of our way to eat here. Looks like a bit of a hole in the wall but the food was great and we tried a lot of different things! I was glad I hadn't eaten all day. If you're from Albuquerque, it's not quiet as good as Annapurna but it has some of the same south Indian dishes and the portions are a good size! I would highly recommend and was surprised to find it in Ohio!

Pros: Tastey, Quick, Good Portions

Cons: Location to Airport

Wow! - Edit

I visited Dosa Corner while in Columbus for business last night. Overall this was a wonderful experience. You get the feeling that the place is all about the food when you pull up outside. This is code for: "don't get upset when you look at the place...it's worth it." One nice Indian man took my order and then another older Indian gentleman brought it out. I got the distinct impression that gentleman number 2 also cooked my food. I enjoyed a Bangalor Vegitarian Dosa which I have never had before and was HUGE. It was described as a crepe filled with veggies and potato and served with two sauces that I cannot identify..both were very good. The description is correct, but I must caution you abotu the sheer size of the crepe. I also ordered a veg. briyani (sp) which was wonderful but I could only eat half of.

Bottom line is that this place is definitley worth checking out if you are a fan of good vegitarian indian food.

Great - Edit

The food ranges from good to excellent - I've never been disappointed here. The space is a little "low-end" although they have definitely spiffed things up lately. Super friendly and super good food.

Pros: Great food, Homemade pickle, Inexpensive

Cons: "Low-end" atmosphere, Remind them you need ice for your soda

Return to Columbus Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dosa Corner closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.