Dos Perros

Contact 919-956-2750

200 N Mangum St (at E Parrish St), Durham, North Carolina, USA, 27701

Serves meat, vegan options available. Seasonal menu features at least 2 or 3 vegan dishes, including appetizers. In addition, there is a separate special 3-course vegan menu available that rotates on a monthly basis, with dishes such as vegan cheese enchilada, empenadas, roasted squash chalupa, vegan torta azteca; many are also gluten free. Kitchen is gluten free with non-gluten free items coming from outside sources. Sunday and Monday nights are taco nights and feature a simplified menu. Offers veggie taco/burritos or vegan beef taco/burritos. Complimentary chips and salsa. Mon-Fri 11:30am-2:30pm, Mon-Thu 5:00pm-10:00pm, Sun 5:00pm-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm-12:00am

Category: Vegan-friendly, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by turtleveg

All the sauce. - Edit

On my way through Durham at an odd time of the day, I found that there were not a terrible amount of places open for a late lunch, early dinner. Luckily, I found Dos Perros. I was a tad apprehensive because I typically do not have great luck with Mexican restaurants, but I was pleasantly surprised. My waiter was an exceptional guy who really took care of me. The menu in small, but there are multiple vegan options available. I tried the flautas veganas and MAN, the sauce they use is incredible. I was basically licking my plate!

Pros: Staff was wonderful, Nice drink selection, Awesome food

Best vegan friendly restaurant in Durham - Edit

I love this place! There is always a vegan appetizer and entree option and usually a dessert too. Most recently they've started having vegan beer dinners with multiple vegan courses and a beer pairing. Their first vegan beer dinner was the most successful beer dinner they've ever had. I usually go here for special occasion dinners in which I also enjoy their diverse selection of tequilas. Or you can go on taco night for a more low cost option. The vegan empanadas are my favorite. Their entrees and appetizers change frequently so you're always in for a new treat. Service is very good. But this place is noisy. I can overlook that because everything else is so darn good.

Pros: Tequila, Multiple vegan options, Vegan beer dinners

Cons: Noisy, Can be pricey

One of the most vegan-friendly options in Durham - Edit

The owner and managers at Dos Perros are so supportive and excited to offer vegan options. They have participated multiple times in the annual Bull City Vegan Challenge, and won in a few categories. After the 2014 Challenge, they decided it was such a success that in addition to offering the few vegan options on their regular menu, they will have a monthly rotating 3-course vegan special menu. My favorite is the vegan cheese enchilada with a margarita!

Pros: supportive management , understand what vegan means, creative dishes

Cons: noisy

Return to Durham Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dos Perros closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1546 times since Apr 2014.