Contact 03-55373970

5-8-16 Ginza, FANCL Square Building, 9F, Central Honshu (at Ginza area), Tokyo, Japan, 91207

Serves meat, vegan options available. Organic and natural food restaurant At lunch three vegan choices: spaghetti with soy meat sauce and vegan cheese, steamed vegetables with rice, or your choice of pasta, sauce and toppings. Meal come with unlimited small salad bar. There is also a cheaper cafe called Dorobushi Kitchen on B1F. Mon-Sun 11:00am-3:30pm, Mon-Sat 5:00pm-9:30pm, Sun 5:00pm-8:30pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Japanese, Organic, Salad bar, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by ashwinn

A nice spot - Edit

I went there a few days ago with my friend.
It's easy to find and the interior is really beautiful inside.
Main dishes are quite expensive but there is a small buffet and 4 various cheaper dishes, like genmai + veggies.

I am glad that I went there.

Pros: easy to find, good atmosphere, tasty

Cons: a bit expensive

Great choice in vegan set menu - Edit

I've been to the main restaurant (floor 9) a few times and have had the lunch and dinner vegan set menu. Dinner menu is more expensive than lunch. You can reduce course options by opting out for beans and rice with miso soup and even desert. Although, I'd recommend desert - the avocado and banana mousse was delicious! Expensive for what it is but a good treat and you get to try a wide variety of dishes.

Set vegan dinner and 2 ginger tea's with desert cost 6800Yen.

Downstairs in Dorobushi kitchen (B1F) I had stir fried noodles with tofu and a raspberry yoghurt desert which cost 1600Yen. The waitress spoke limited English and the menu was in Japanese so was more difficult but not impossible. I just showed her a card saying I am vegetarian and do not eat meat/fish/eggs/dashi in Japanese.

Good option if dining with non-veg*ns - Edit

As noted, the restaurant is accessible through the Fancl International shop. I hadn't realised that there were 2 options, we went up to the 'posh' restaurant on the 9th floor. I was very unsure about the portion sizes but our waitress was quite helpful in reasonable English. We settled on the cold tofu with Udo oil to share between the 3 of us, and the soup of the day each (gazpacho) my non-veg*n dining companions enjoyed the tofu but thought the gazpacho could have been more seasoned. I liked both, the soup was perfect for the hot humid day we had endured.
I then had the Gluten pieces with vegetables which were tasty but we failed to realise that we should have ordered rice on the side so consequently our main courses were quite small, we made up for this with a dessert, again quite a small portion compared with back home but the avocado pudding was delicious.
On the whole very nice. Costing ¥6200 for me with 2 beers

Pros: Organic, quiet setting, something for both meateat

Cons: Reservations probably needed, we got lucky

Looks can be deceiving - Edit

The instructions from the Happy Cow were simple enough. The restaurant is exactly where the app said it would be. And the address stated it is located on the ninth floor above a Fancl shop. But when we arrived it looked nothing like the photos suggested. Dorobushi is a very fancy, stylish restaurant! And the menu had several vegetarian options, so we sat down and ordered.

Waiting for the food to be delivered I showed the photos on the Happy Cow app to the waiter. Did they remodel the place? No, he explained. Dorobushi has two restaurants on the same address! A high class one on the ninth floor, a more simple one on the basement floor. The name is the same, the atmosphere and the menus differ.

Since we already ordered, we stayed in the classy restaurant on the ninth floor. And perhaps we shouldn't have. Because the food wasn't particularly good. We had tofu in special oil for starters, which was cold (as promised) and odd tasting. The "gluten products" with vegetables was oily as well. The basic set of rice and miso soup (served in just about every Japanese restaurant) was good.

While the food was average, the price was everything but average. We paid 4,300 yen for two persons (one serving of tofu, one serving of "gluten products", two sets of rice/miso).

Perhaps the restaurant in the basement floor is a better option. It looks basic, fresh and natural with lots of wood and bright lights. They serve (vegetarian) pasta and some other simple macrobiotic food at simple prices.

Pros: looks beautiful, located on Ginza main street, healthy

Cons: over priced, not very tasty

Return to Tokyo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dorobushi closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2352 times since Aug 2009.