DopHert

Contact 0207520581

Spaarndammerstraat 49, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 1013ST

Vegan lunchroom and deli, at this location since Jan 2014. Offers vegan comfort food like club sandwich plus salads, cakes, soups, organic coffee with choice of plant milk. Also sells vegan cosmetics and bags. Free Wi-Fi.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out, European

First Review by eveliene99

One of my favourite restaurants - Edit

This place is so wonderful. I've been there multiple times and never had something I didn't like. The savory dishes are really good, but the cakes are amazing! Really, leave room for dessert.

Pros: Very tasty savory options, Amazing cakes, Friendly staff

Cons: Outside seating area is small, Too far from where I live!

excellent restaurant - Edit

A restaurant close to our apartments.
Started with - juice of carrots fennel and ginger. Excellent flat bread with pesto and roasted vegetables. Moorish all the way.
The burger was one of the best vegan one I have had. Finished with peanut butter cookie.

Great restaurant - Edit

The place is beautiful and the staff funny, friendly and helpful. We had the scrambled tofu, well seasoned with 2 slices of side toast; one quite big juicy burger and the best grilled "cheese" I've had, with tomatoes and pesto. For dessert, we had the blueberry pancakes, thick and moist. All the portions were quite large and fulfilling and everything tasted great.

Excellent Burgers - Edit

We tried their burgers and cakes, both were excellent. As far as I remember the burger made of seitan was my favorite, very creative and full of different flavorous. They have a small corner with vegan cosmetics, too.

Pros: Excellent fast food , Excellent location, Excellent cakes

Cons: Expensive

I'm delighted! - Edit

A friend had recommanded this place so I made sure I'd visit it while in Amsterdam.
The place has everything I expect of a vegan café (the cosy furniture, different options in case you fancy sophisticated ravioli rather than a burger or a sandwich); they even sell a couple of books and cosmetics.
Above all, the food was remarquable, especially the sweet potato frietjes and the croquettes (they are served in a bun like a burger).
Updated from previous review on Tuesday November 03, 2015

Pros: the food, the store, the staff

Cons: a bit noisy

Amazing burgers in a lovely shop - Edit

Usually they're not open for dinner (close at 17.30) but sometimes they have special nights. I went for their burger night where you can choose between 3 burgers that come with fries and salad for 14,75. Me and my girlfriend are not big eaters and the portions were big so we had enough (plus a milk shake and vegan magnum). All in all great value, wonderful staff.

Pros: Great taste, Lovely staff

Cons: Limited opening hours

Best vegan café! - Edit

This was a late find on our trip to Amsterdam since it's a bit off centre. And what a great find it is!
Such a nice, light and welcoming place. The café has a very nice and friendly interior and the staff is super nice.

The menu is somewhat reduced at first glance but really has everything you could wish for. We had the banana blueberry bread, toast with vegan cheese, pesto and paprika (yuhuuummm!) and soya yoghurt with fruit and granola, all of it was perfect. The coffee is very good and we could've stayed for hours in this nice place!
Looking forward to my next visit and to having tofu scramble!

Pros: friendly staff, excellent food , professional set up

Wonderful experience - Edit

Location: both the indoor and outdoor seating was excellent. lovely neighbourhood and street, excellent music playing inside the cafe, cozy cafe!

Food: outstanding! I ordered the avacado and tempeh sandwich, carrot cake and mango based smoothie- all three were excellent.

Pricing: reasonable, totally worth it.

Staff: super friendly, served with love (the lady who is pregnant)

This cafe, Terra Zen and Koffie ende Koeck are my top three fave restaurants in Amsterdam!! love them
Updated from previous review on Tuesday September 08, 2015

visited the cafe around 4pm, and the only disappointing thing was they shut at 5:30pm or so.. would have stayed at least till 7 cuz was in love with this place

one of the best vegan lunchroom in Amsterdam - Edit

The food is good, the staff is very friendly and the interior looks fresh/new.
The third Thursday of the month you can eat in the restaurant. You have to take the menu, a three course and its always a pleasure to eat there.

Very delicious - Edit

Ambien te
Direkt nach dem Eintreten blickt man geradeaus in die Küche, welche sich nicht eben auf der Etage befindet, sondern einige Stufen hinab geht. Rechts befindet sich die Theke und Sitzgelegenheiten gibt es die Treppe hinauf über der Küche. Alles ist sehr sauber und aufgeräumt.

Bedienung
Die (vermutliche) Besitzerin spricht tadelloses Englisch, sodass eine Verständigung keinerlei Problematik erzeugte. Sie erklärte, dass es aufgrund der Uhrzeit (wir waren gegen 10:45 Uhr dort) noch nicht möglich sei, das English Breakfast zu bestellen. Schnell nannte sie uns aber Alternativen.

Essen
Wir bestellten Smoothies (Raw Cherry Choco und Ticket to the Tropics), welche vorzüglich schmeckten - man merkte die hochwertige Qualität der einzelnen Zutaten. Des Weiteren entschieden wir uns für Tosti, was rein der Beschreibung nach erstmal wenig spektakulär klingt - veganer Käse, Pesto und geröstete Paprika in gegrilltem Weißbrot. Selten sowas einfaches und dennoch leckeres gegessen! Das Ensemble der Zutaten fügte sich zu einer harmonischen Komposition, die seinesgleichen sucht. Es war so lecker, dass wir sofort eine zweite Portion bestellten.

Wir entschieden zur Mitnahme von drei Stücken Torten, welche ebenso eine geschmackliche Explosion waren. Vorzüglich!

Preis
Nicht unbedingt günstig, jedoch aufgrund des Gebotenem absolut im Rahmen.

Fazit
Absolut empfehlenswert!

Pros: very delicious, clean, friendly

Cons: whole card no earlier than 12 hrs

Nice breakfast spot - Edit

We went for breakfast here while on holiday and opted for the English breakfast. It lacked the traditional English breakfast elements (seitan slices instead of sausages, nothing made from potatoes at all) and had a mystifying pot of mayo with it, but the tofu scramble was tasty and everything was well cooked. The drinks were great too, I had an excellent chai latte with three choices of milk.

We also got some cake to take away - the chocolate peanut butter brownie cake was spectacular!

Pros: Nice filling breakfast, Friendly staff

Yummy - Edit

I had breakfeast at this cafe and everything was excellent. The vegan cheese in my sandwich was a serious thing. Friendly staff. Not cheap but neither very expensive.

Pros: Plenty options, Tasty, Friendly staff

Cons: There's not one in my city

Take-away (eve) - limited choice but great quality - Edit

In the evenings this is a take-away only place (from 5-8), though there are some events - when I visited there was a vegan cookery class taking place! I cannot comment on the lunchtime/eat-in menu, but there were two main dishes available to take-away (either heated or cold), plus some cakes. I had goulash with rice and a muffin (10.50 Euros) - which were fully vegan, as is everything here. The goulash was very nice, was obviously freshly made, and was quite spicy, though the muffin was a little dry. The other option was cous cous, but the menu changes each day. The shop also sells a few vegan-friendly cosmetics and cookbooks. The cook was really friendly too.

Pros: fully vegan, quality, friendly staff

Cons: little expensive, limited choice after 17.00

Favorite Vegan Place in Amsterdam - Edit

Dophert is a relief for vegans, vegetarians or just anyone who is looking for a place to have pure food. A cozy restaurant (with a small terrace) in the Amsterdam 'Spaarndammerbuurt' area (20 minute walk from Central Station). Delicious menu with lot of options for breakfast, lunch, juices, teas and sweet (all vegan). The staff is always friendly and I feel very welcome. Tip: after 17:00 they have vegan take-out meals of good quality and reasonable price.

Pros: Food, Atmosphere, Staff

Nice place! - Edit

This little vegan cafe is just around the corner of the Westerpark.
We had a good breakfast here.
When the waitress realized that we didn't speak Dutch she directly offered us an englisch menu. Lovely!

Advice: The Peanutbutter-Browniecake ist delicious! Try it! :)

Pros: 100% vegan, outdoor seating, nice, friendly staff

Beautiful cakes! - Edit

We had breakfast in this small cute vegan café. The place is nice even if the location is not central. We took a vegan cappuccino and a latte with the vegan breakfast. It is composed of two slices of good bread with jam and hummus and a fresh juice. Everything was good and affordable (6,50 euros for the breakfast and drinks). We also try their cakes since they looked gorgeous: and they were so! The chocolate-peanut butter cake was so beautiful, as well as their creamy carrot cake...

They also offer an english breakfast, but only on weekend. Salted dishes are only available from noon (and they looked good!), that makes options for breakfast a bit limited (in comparison to Koffie ende Koecke for example) and we can't take away their sandwiches.

Pros: amazing cakes, 100% vegan, affordable, nice place

Cons: limited options for breakfast, location

Delicious vegan lunch - Edit

Some months ago I had lunch here, after some research at this website. I had one of the best vegan lunches ever. I ate bread with scrambled tofu and tempeh bacon and mushrooms. Although I try to avoid bread as much as possible, this bread was really worth eating, it was delicious. The food was very tasty. Definitely worth a visit.

Pros: Friendly staff, Very tasty food, Nice interior

Cons: Music a little loud for me

Wonderful - Edit

I've been here twice now and this is a really great place to have lunch and/or breakfast. The English Breakfast is delicious, and the staff is super friendly. If you're in Amsterdam it's definitely worth a visit. If you go in after 5pm (I think?) you can no longer order off the full menu, but they'll still have food out that you can buy!

Pros: all vegan, friendly staff

Excellent Vegan Food! - Edit

I was thrilled to come across Dopheart Restaurant in Amsterdam. It was just a few stops from Central Station by bus, which it made it very easy to get too. I was there for a late lunch and had the Tofu Scramble and a toasted cheese sandwich followed by Chocolate peanut butter brownie (Amazing)
I discovered Dopheart on my last day in the city but had I been staying in Amsterdam for longer, I would have definitely revisited.
The menu was all in Dutch, but the very helpful waitress kindly translated it for me. There is great selection of food ranging from Salads to soups to cakes and even vegan full English breakfasts :)
The cheese used in the toasted sandwich was a particularly good vegan cheese called Wilmersburger, so if any other vegans are on the eternal search for the best vegan cheese, this is great brand to try. I later found it in a vegan shop called Vegabond on Leliegracht 16 in central Amsterdam. This shop is worth a visit to stock up on vegan snacks.

Pros: Great location -Easy to find, 100% Vegan , Good choice of food

Cons: Only two desert options

Love This Place - Edit

Cosy little lunchroom, reasonably priced, what I had (lemon/olive seitan sandwich with walnutpesto and a power chai) was delicious and the staff was very friendly. I will definitely return if I'm in the area.

Pros: Reasonably Priced, Interesting Menu , Very Friendly Staff

Return to Amsterdam Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has DopHert closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 12931 times since Mar 2013.