Doomie's

Contact 323-469-4897

1263 Queen St W, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M6K 1L5

Doomie's 2nd outlet opened Apr 2016; its first is in Los Angeles. This location has a full bar as well table seating. Serves vegan American comfort food such as fries and burgers, pulled pork and phillysteak, fried chicken and waffles, and fried jalapeño poppers.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by SaraPirri

average - Edit

When this location first opened, all of my friends and I were so excited to try it out!

However we found the music to be overwhelmingly loud (we're all early twenties, so that tells you something) and the atmosphere was a bit too clubby.

We got the vegan Big Macs, which were again, average, I felt the patty to everything else ratio was way too high, and it was a mouthful of unappetizing meat-like substance.

Will try again, however not anytime soon.

Pros: great service

Cons: too loud, food sub par

Wow! Vegan 'Big Mac' to DIE FOR!!! - Edit

I was taken here for my birthday and LOVED it. There is a sign behind the bar that says 'No Salads' and I appreciate that as I am real tired of the vegetarian/vegan places who only do 'bowls' or 'salads' boring!!! Doomies has created the greasy spoon for the Toronto vegan! While I could NOT eat here every day to stay fit, I am absolutely chuffed for the vegan 'Big Mac'. Brought happiness to my birthday!!! They also have their liquor license and make a wide variety of cocktails. A MUST try for both vegans and meat eaters alike! Cheers :) Randy

Delicious vegan fare! - Edit

We were only in Toronto for 2 days and decided this was a place we had to try -- and we weren't disappointed! This is not a place to be concerned about "nutrition" and "calories" -- this is all about pleasing the palate. My husband and I split a fried chicken sandwich and a philly cheesesteak. Both came with fries, which we upgraded to chili/cheese fries and buffalo wing fries with ranch dressing. Desert was a peanut butter milkshake. Everything was delicious -- stuff I'd never make at home but love to indulge in once in a while. I would consider this restaurant a place to go to "cheat" and enjoy every bite. It was a pleasure that we didn't have to ask any questions regarding the menu and what was vegan, since everything served is vegan. This is definitely a place to bring non-vegan friends to impress them that we have delicious "junk" food to enjoy, just like they do. Highly recommend and we will definitely return when we are in the area again.

Pros: really friendly staff, everything vegan, good-sized portions

Cool and good - Edit

The venu is cool. Pretty hip with the comics on the wall. The food is heavy, lots of cheese and meat substitutes. The last time I was there the service was very slow and we waited for our appetizer for almost an hour!! The waitress ended giving it to us for free. I love eating meaty food now and then but damn, this place will hit you with food bombs.

Pros: Great junk food, Funny motifs, jokes at the expense of carnists

Cons: Service might be slow, Unhealhty

Comfort vegan foods - Edit

Definitely not your healthy vegan restaurant, this is filled with indulgent vegan eats. Big macs, mac and cheese, chicken and waffles. The fries are excellent. The mac and cheese was nice but heavy. Not somewhere I'd easily return to since they do not take reservations and the place is NOISY. Hopefully it will be easier to access once the hype dies down.

Cons: no reservations, noisy

Massive Food Coma - Edit

This place is crazy good. If you're wanting a good hit of some hearty junk food this is where it's at! Their Big Mac is exceptional! Would be a great place to bring non vegans to show them vegan food can be as indulgent without everything else. My server was fabulous. The setting was amazing! They had vegan sidekick wallpaper which I thought was incredibly creative. Would recommend but don't expect to feel healthy and lean afterwards.

AMAZING EXPERIENCE! - Edit

I've been to Doomies twice now; and no complaints!!! The Vegan Big Mac was phenomenal, servers have been so helpful, honest, and friendly, and the 90's music was definitely a bonus :)

Pros: Awesome music!!, Fresh, delicious, comfort food!, Staff are extremely friendly and funny!

Return to Toronto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Doomie's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1219 times since Apr 2016.