First Review by Aaronr

A Must Visit in Hanoi - Edit

Just LOVE this place.

I am just surprised not too many reviews are posted here...

Food and drink are reasonable price, but high quality and delicious.
After over 10 hours flight, I was searching for a place I can relax and feel welcomed, and this place exceeded my expectation.
It is a cozy place made with love.
Speak to the owner, Ha, and you will feel same eating anything they serve (if you are super picky on quality of food and atmosphere like me).
Ha did everything she could to make me feel relaxed and welcomed, and with a beautiful soothing smile all the time.
I was lucky to hear a bit of her story and I am truly inspired (please talk to her, but she did 10 months meditation in a country side of Vietnam, and she is committed to help her community).

Another small thing I appreciated was that she is super conscious, not only for food, but for environment (i.e., They do not use plastic straw).
The lovely chef was another highlight of this place. She had such a calming smile, and Ha shared how passionate the chef is for creating her dishes. She is picky on quality of food, but she is also conscious of pouring her love when preparing :)

Updated from previous review on 2016-09-05

Pros: Delicious Vietnamese food, Cozy place, High quality of food

Cons: Toilet area can be improved

Great ambience - Edit

Inconspicuous place on the right as soon as you turn in the street, green and white sign with drive in parking don't miss it!

Really nice floor seating on bamboo mats traditional AF. Some chilled meditation back track jams playing and friendly English speaking staff. I wouldn't come here especially for the food but I only tried the bun rieu dish which just felt like a veg throw together with noodles in a standard soup, didn't blow my mind but was fastidiously presented, fitting in well with the decore. There are 2 other options but I am told the former is the most popular (maybe because it's the cheapest?). I did come here however because there wasn't much else in the way of vegan food within range and at 38,000 it's pretty well priced for next tier Vietnamese dining (original tier being street restaurants). The iced tea is a big win at this place, second best only to Bo De Quan in my humble opinion. Would be good with a small group, had the place to myself at 3:00pm. Love, N.

Pros: Tra Da (tea) was great, nice setting, good presentation

A bit over rated - Edit

We came here on the postings by others who said 'One of the best veg restaurants in Hanoi', 'AMAZING!etc. This place might have great ambience and 'cool' monotonous mindful music.
But the menu offered Noodle Soup 38,000d, fried rice 48,000d or spring rolls 58,000d. selection of 8 fruit teas. Where is the protein? Spoke to a staff member and we left.

Pros: Was clean and airy, staff was helpful

Cons: needs more protein dishes, only fresh lemon juice is available

Amazing vegan restaurant in Hanoi - Edit

I absolutely love this place. It's not just a restaurant - it promotes mindfulness practices in daily life, and there's a corner in the restaurant selling organic tea, makeup products, and other food items.

My boyfriend and I tried the spring roll noodle and the fried rice, as well as mint tea and hibiscus tea. Super delicious! We'll definitely go back soon. Highly recommended.

Pros: Amazing food, Nice vibe, Friendly staff

Return to Hanoi Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dong Xanh closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.