Don Taco Tequila

01-4151549608

Calle del Dr Ignacio Hernandez Macias 83, San Miguel De Allende, Mexico, 37700

Gourmet Mexican food, fully vegan since early 2018. Open Mon 2:00pm-10:00pm, Wed-Thu 2:00pm-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 2:00pm-11:00pm, Sun 2:00pm-10:00pm. Closed Tue.

Categories: Vegan, Mexican

First Review by AliciaPiccolina

Totally Vegan Restaurant - Edit

Don's went totally vegan recently according to local friends. I tried it out today and was assured it is all vegan. They have a great menu so it was hard to decide but I had a taco featuring smoked nopalitos and purslane. One of the best things I have ever tasted. I also had the corn/huitlacoche sort of a croquette thing. It was delicious as well. I have been here over a month and am leaving in a couple days but I hope to eat there at least a couple more times before I go back to California

Pros: Clean friendly atmosphere, 100% Vegan, Delicious

Cons: Hard to get into on weekend nights

Will go completely vegan in 2018 - Edit

They have no food labeled as vegan. We asked for the options and the guy gave good recommendations mentioning that they will go completely vegan in february/march 2018. Nice place. Best Guacamole I have ever had, nice Tacos, friendly waiter but pricey. Approx. 3 dollars/Taco.

Pros: Good recommendation, friendly waiter

Cons: pricey, serves meat

Windtroll 10 Feb 2018 - I was there today and was assured they went totally vegan. No meat or dairy on the menu.

Tasty vegan options - Edit

This small restaurant downtown serves typical Mexican cuisine and offers many vegetarian options that can be made vegan- just ask! At first glance, the menu does not appear to cater to vegans, but don't let that deter you. The staff is knowledgeable about veganism and can make dishes without dairy. Their chorizo is made of soy and is delicious on a taco! I went for their cold avocado soup without cream, the chorizo taco, and the grilled vegetable taco.

Pros: downtown/ center

Cons: serves meat

Return to San Miguel De Allende Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Don Taco Tequila closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.