Dolores

Contact 030-28099597

Rosa-Luxemburg-Strasse 7 (at near Alexanderplatz), Berlin, Germany,

Serves meat, vegan options available. San Francisco style burrito bar with vegan choices for burrito, clearly marked with green hearts. Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-10:00pm, Sun 1:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Fast food, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by Elven

Massive Burritos!! - Edit

We were looking for something fast and fairly cheap for lunch so tried this place as it was near to Alexanderplatz where we were visiting. The vegan options were clearly marked on the menu, and the staff spoke English, so it was really easy to order.

Once you order you can have a seat. There is a number on your receipt and when it shows up on the wall display you can go and get your food. The burritos were massive! Almost too much for one person. I chose the vegan lovers one and had it with a coke zero, it came to 9.50 which i thought was reasonable.

The restaurant was clean and tidy, and really full, there was a bit of a queue to be served but this wasn't a problem. I'd definitely go back if i was in the area. I was very very full after!

Pros: Really big portions, reasonably priced, easy to order, staff spoke English.

Cons: none.

Always a good choice - Edit

I've been to both Dolores restaurants several times and I always left with a full stomach.
Every time I'm in the area and get hungry I go there most of the time because I know it's a save choice to get good fast food. Plus I just love burritos and could eat them all the time.

Love that place - Edit

I don't go there often because my stomach always gets upsets when it comes to mexican food. BUT if you're a salsa lover, please give it a try! I always go for one of their vegan bowls and it's HUGE. Also, my fav part is definitely the homemade tortilla chips with the smoky peanut sauce and fresh guacamole. bring some non-veg friends and I bet they'll be happy too!

Pros: large portions, awesome tortillas + dips, 2 locations in Berlin

Guacamole makes everything great - Edit

Ordered the Vegan Friend with added Guacamole well worth the extra euro. The place was busy by 12 so I would recommend eating there early. The serving size was large, it felt like a bargain for €4.50+€1 for guacamole.

Pros: delicious , I'm still thinking about it days later , Seriously I would eat it right now if I could

Cons: It was busy so I had to wait to eat

Best burritos in Berlin #sorrynotsorry - Edit

I tried really hard to prefer other Burritos. I went to all the cool places, tried their nice things. I always come home thinking it was good, but it wasn't Dolores.

I dunno, man, it's great.

It's fantastic, for ***** sake! I don't care if they're not authentic, 100% vegan, blah blah. "Vegan Friend" with guac and whole-wheat tortilla is by a HUGE difference the best burrito I've had so far.

I wish it wasn't so. I wish the other, 100% vegan, cool-vibes, second-hand furniture places could beat Dolores. But, alas!, they can't.

Dolores is just great.

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-23

Pros: Vegan Lover with guac is 5*, Not bad on vegan options, Fast service

Cons: Could have more vegan stuff, Gets noise/crowded fast

V-Lover: Great grab'n'go option - Edit

I have to admit that I am no pro when it comes to burritos and I am only having one once in a while, usually foodtruck-cuisine or at a typical 'mexican'-style restaurant.

After having the vegan lover, accompanied by an authentic Dolores brew, I felt like I had the first real burrito of my life... and I caught a glimpse of what a burrito could become to me: Preferred fast food, and not the unhealthiest choice btw.

Great black beans, decent guacamole, tasty smoky flavor....
Dolores is definitely worth a visit and I am really curious where other happycow-users had their favorite burrito!

Good in a hurry - Edit

Perfect as a quick, cheap, filling option. I really liked the soy "meat", I'm not quite sold on the peanut sauce but that's a personal preference. I saw in previous reviews someone complaining about staff, that wasn't the case for me, girl who served us was really nice and helpful.

Pros: Good value for money

Cons: Tables could be cleaned more often

Bombastic burritos! - Edit

Ahhh Dolores... The funky, cramped, awesome-smelling burrito joint in Berlin's Mitte district (there is also one now in Schöneberg.)

Think Subway for burritos, burrito bowls and nachos: customise your own or select a pre-designed giant sized meal.

It's cheap, almost constantly packed, filling and delicious. Not the world's healthiest choice, but there are a number of vegan and vego options worth their (remarkably heavy) weight.

Recommended is the spicy Vegan Lover's combo with its smoky corn soy eat, black beans, peanut satay sauce, guac and aromatic rice. They also serve a mean homemade lemonade.

Not a bad pit stop for a sneaky lunch or meal on the go during a day out in Berlin. Expect queues but ultimate fulfillment.

**Read more from www.skatingtomato.com**

Pros: cheap , portable meals, fun atmosphere

Cons: always busy

vegan lover - best vegan burrito in Berlin - Edit

This is my favorite vegan burrito in Berlin. It is very tasty, very filling and satisfying and a huge portion! I can never finish the whole thing by myself. Highly recommend!
The salad version of it is equally good and also huge.
The place is very crowded – we always have trouble finding a table here, but you can take out too.

Pros: great taste, huge portions, good value for money

Cons: crowded, a bit run down

Just loved it - Edit

Huge and delicious burrito (also liked by meat-eater and that's something;).
Vegan options marked on the menu, staff understands what vegan is, size of vegan burrito same as meat one.
Highly recommended.
Disappointed I can't give them 5 stars ;)

Pros: delicious, inexpensive

Cons: queue (but food worth every second)

I just love these burritos - Edit

Vegan options are marked on the menu. Sometimes it's a bit difficult to find out if it's vegan or not (when it comes to the sauces).
Staff was not as friendly as expected. The first time I stood there for over 5 minutes and nobody cared about me.
The burrito though was really tasty!! I love this place

Pros: tasty burritos, good value

Cons: unfriendly staff, sometimes they don't know what is vegan, many people at lunch time / small place

Two vegan options clearly marked on the menu! - Edit

The two vegan burrito options include a mild choice with beans, salad and a rice mix, and another with soy meat and pepper. The service was slow and the place was very busy, but the food was economically priced and reasonably good quality for what it is. Filling and satisfying. Waiters can become confused when asking to substitute ingredients or sauces to personalize the burrito.

Pros: Good location by Alexanderplatz, vegan options marked

Cons: Not extensive for veggies, need to be explicit when ordering

Nope! - Edit

Many vegan options, which is great. However the burrito was not very tasty. Many things in it, but we all felt that it was not well prepared.
The Nachos and guacamole are very good though. Burritos around 5,5€

Pros: Cheap, Big servings, Many vegan options

Cons: Tasteless = boring

Every bite was amazing! - Edit

I visited Dolores last spring with my father and we both were very satisfied with the food. :)

I myself liked a lot of the service and playing around with different vegan alternatives. The black beans in my burrito were a perfectly smooth and tasted amazing with avocado and lime-marinated soy bits. The burrito was huge and satisfying and the ingredients seemed fresh. Also the strawberry-coconut drink that I picked was tasty and fresh, perfectly balancing the spices of the burrito.

The restaurant was clean and big. Location was good and easily-accessible.

Pros: Big, satisfying portions, Location, Options for vegans

Best burritos in the world! - Edit

I love this place. Loads of vegan options on the menu, relaxed atmosphere and great value for money. Try the lemonade, you won't regret it! Last time I went the tortilla chips were very greasy and not how I remember them, but the guacamole was brilliant.

Pros: Loads of vegan options clearly marked.

Dolores, Berlin - Edit

I had a great burrito when I went here. Its not a fancy pants kind of place if that is what you are looking for. If you are though looking for something quick, tasty and good value bang for your buck, its well worth going to.

A shame it isn't 100% vego (or wasn't when I went but this was around 2008). If it was all vego I'd defo rate it higher.

Pros: Great value vegan burritos

Cons: Not 100% vego

The best burritos in Berlin? - Edit

The burritos here are absolutely amazing! You can simply chose from one of the two vegan burritos on the list of “classic” burritos, or make your own creating with a wide variety of vegan ingredients, including delicious salsa, rice, beans and fajita veggies, soya “meat”, guacamole and “pink onions”. If you ask, they are also able to prepare the burritos with a whole meal tortilla.

You can also order your burrito as a bowl, and get they come with delicious, freshly made corn chips instead of a tortilla. There are also “quesadilla” and the homemade lemonade is also very good.

I go here at least twice a month and would certainly recommend it as a quick, fresh and healthy meal.

Pros: Delicious, Quick, Reasonable value

... - Edit

The "Dolores vegan" Burrito is the easiest and fastest option for vegans and really delicious.

really good food - Edit

we come here every time we visit berlin - it is so yummy - the only downside is, i would love to try another tofu but the lime one cos the mole is a bit to spicy, but maybe that's asking a lot ;)

Pros: delicious, good price

Try the tofu mole! - Edit

The fact that a lot of American expats frequent this place is a good sign in terms of authentic burritos. Definitely try the tofu mole, it's most delicious and the chocolatey flavor makes this burrito something special. Huge portions!

Pros: cheap, many options

Cons: little room to sit

Just try it! - Edit

There's not much to say: These burritos are not from this world! YUMMY as hell! You can choose whatever you want to have in them and prices are reasonable. Meat, vegetarian, and vegan options available. If you like Mexican food, just give it a try and you most likely won't regret it!

Pros: cheap, tasty, hot sauces available :)

Cons: not all vegan

Tasty and big Vegan burrito - Edit

We saw the text Vegan burrito in the menu and decided to give it a try. To my suprise the burrito was rather big and; tasty! I took the tofu burrito with tofu, black beans, rice, grilled zucchini and guacamole.
The place was very busy and not very cosy to eat in, but if you need something vegan to keep you gong for the day I recommend!

Pros: Taste, size, price

Cons: busy, interior

Unique burritos - Edit

Hard to find but worth the trek. Great burritos (or bowls) with your choice of meat...or tofu. Usually I'm happy with one veggie option. Here I had two: lime tofu and tofu mole. I had the mole and it was great. They have a second location on the west side. If you like burritos, make sure to try Dolores.

Pros: Tofu options, portion, inexpensive

Cons: Hard to find, busy place

Really great burritos - Edit

We went to Dolores after going to the TV tower,so it's a good location for us tourists. They had a really fun menu with all types of burritos,soups,and several other things. Both my husband and I got Dolores Vegan (or was it Vegan Dolores?) burritos. It had rice,lime tofu,black beans,and guacamole. Maybe some other things,but I forget. I wish that we could have gone back for their soups,which looked great. Anyway,the burrito was HUGE,so only get the burrito if you're really hungry,otherwise,get something else. We also had them put the habanero salsa instead of the salsa verde. Word to the wise,if you are sensitive in any way to spicy food,stay away from this!! I LOVE spicy,and near the end,it almost was too spicy (almost,though). But if you're like me and like think the spicier the better,than go for it,it will not disappoint! Also,I think that they have whole wheat tortilla shells,which I couldn't seem to find on the menu. I saw some others with whole wheat shells. I wish I had known that,since I hate eating white,processed breads,so,once again,if you're like me,I suggest to ask at the register.
i don't have much negative to say about the place. They have several picnic tables and benches outside so you can eat,community-style,out in the sun,weather permitting,and many tables inside. Try not to go during lunch rush,and it does get quite hectic,but it's still OK,we found a place to sit quite easily.
I highly recommend Dolores,the food is fresh,fun,cheap and reasonably healthy,especially if you get the whole wheat tortilla shells. I would definitely go back!

Pros: Fast, Delicious, inexpensive

Cons: a little loud,sometimes, doesn't offer whole wheat at counter, only a few veg options

Great eating experience in Berlin - Edit

When entering this place, I was surprised how swarming with people it was - when I left, I no longer was. I am definitely going to go there again soon. For today, I wasn't tooo hungry, so I ordered a (normal sized) classic vegan burrito which was reasonably filling and super delicious. This was the first time I've tried burritos or Mexican/Californian food and I really wasn't disappointed.
The fresh juice (carrot and apple in my case) was really good and good value (0,4 l for 3€) too.
I was also told they make sure that vegan and vegetarian meals are prepared separately from meat dishes - something not every meat serving place will take so seriously.
Total recommendation from me!

Pros: Very good value food, Vegan food prepared in separate equipmen, Friendly people

Cons: Less meat on the menu is always good

It's like "moe's," but in Germany - Edit

The format of this burrito place reminded me a lot of Moe's Southwest Grill in the U.S. (or Chipotle, if you're not familiar with Moe's). You pick your rice, beans, protein and veggies. You can veganize it very easily since you're the one designing the burrito. And the burritos are pretty big. Very tasty.

Pros: big portion, tasty food

Cons: a tad spicy for me

Amazing vegan burritos!!! - Edit

I LOVE the Dolores Vegan burrito. I seriously ate as many of these as I possibly could during my four days there. And I would always get one to go as well so I would have a meal for later. It reminds me of the vegan burritos at Taco del Mar in the U.S. which I also love.

Pros: Amazing food, Wonderful vegan options, English-speaking

Cons: Small space, Crowded

Great vegan burritos! - Edit

The "Dolores Vegan Burrito" was pretty great! It came with lime tofu, black beans, veggies, salsa, guacamole, and brown rice. It was huge and tasted VERY good. I really loved the way they cooked the tofu and loved all the other flavors too. There were a few other vegan burritos and also a 'your own way' menu too. If you're going to Alexander Platz for the day I'd say this would be the perfect place to grab lunch.

Dolores, Berlin - Edit

This is a great wee place! It's cafe/fast food style - you order at the food bar then when your number comes up you go and collect it. It's a relaxed, laid back atmosphere and we were very comfortable. We had absolutely delicious wraps here, and it was very easy to establish the vegan options. Their home made lemondade is lovely too. Staff were friendly. I would happily eat here again.

Pros: Lovely food, Relaxed atmosphere, Helpful staff

awesome place - Edit

We loved it here and ate here a few times in 3 days. Burritos are huge, and there is even more than one option for vegans! They do a nice big gazpucho and many salads as well. You can also get burrito filling without the burrito or quesidillas.

Pros: cheap, filling, yummy

huray for burrito's - Edit

I found this a good place to eat something. I liked the fact that there where organic drinks and two standard vegan options to choose from. And if you wanted you could choose what you wanted on your burrito yourself. So there was something for every taste. I also liked the decoration, it was a very trendy place.

Pros: 2 vegan options, nice staff, good value

I'm still dreaming about my Dolores burrito! - Edit

The other reviews don't clearly describe how rock'n this place is! The burritos are freak'n huge, but you can have them done your way, how ever you so choose! The place is nice and in a convenient location. Finding Mexican food in Europe is NOT easy, Cali Mex forget about it! This is the only place to get your burrito on properly in all of Europe. Dolores does it right! Honestly, we could use one here in Los Angeles!

Pros: HUGE BURRITOS, fresh place

Vegan burrito! - Edit

Don't pass this place by, thinking it's "just a mexican fastfood-joint" (meaning meat, meat, and nothing but meat)! Yes they do have meat, but also a truly great 100% vegan burrito (well, 2 actually - a normal and a giant version: a huge dose of fresh vegs wrapped in a tortilla (wholemeal available). Can also be served as a "burrito bowl" with tortilla chips. The best thing os, you pick and choose all ingredients yourself at the bar, and it is prepared in no time. Options include spicy tofu with cocoa ("mole tofu"), tofu with lime, fajita veggies, spanish rice, black beans, five different sauces, fresh guacamole. Sour cream and cheese available for the vegetarians. Also fresh soups, juices and lemonades. Dirt cheap, considering the huge amount of food you get. Spicy sauce-lovers - be prepared for the jalapeno hotsauce; the fiercest we ever came across!

Pros: Huge portions, very affordable, super-fast

Cons: Too much onions :)

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dolores closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5532 times since Jul 2009.