Dolores

030-28099597

Rosa-Luxemburg-Strasse 7 (at near Alexanderplatz), Berlin, Germany

Serves meat, vegan options available. San Francisco style burrito bar with vegan choices for burrito, clearly marked with green hearts. Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-10:00pm, Sun 1:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Fast food, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by Elven

Very tasty and kind service - Edit

"Vegan lover" burrito is pretty good

Best Mexican in Berlin - Edit

We come here a lot when we're in Berlin and love the choices for vegetarians and vegans. The burrito bowl is a tasty alternative to a classic burrito.
The staff is always very nice and food never takes too long even if it is busy which it pretty much always is.

Pros: Amazing food, Nice Staff, flexible Menu

Cons: Wish it was a little bigger so more places to sit

Pretty nice & delicious - Edit

It`s a good place to eat some fresh and delicious food. The burrito bowl is the best!

Pros: Fast, Low price, Delicious food

Average - Edit

First went here a few years ago and loved it, but second time round it didn't live up to my expectations. We had the vegan lover and vegan friend, neither was anything special, and it was expensive considering how average the food was, although the portions are really generous. Really wanted to love this place :(

Dolores is a hit! - Edit

Had the 'vegan lover' burrito bowl, very tasty and reasonably priced..... huge portion!

Pros: lots of choice

Cons: busy, not guaranteed seating

Huge Burritos, Great Prices - Edit

A meat-eating friend of mine raved about Dolores so a group of us, a meat-eater, two vegans and a vegetarian went there. We nabbed a table (pretty hard, as there were queues out the door) and ordered.

Basically, you order and get a number. Your number comes up on a screen when it's ready. We waited about three minutes, which was great considering it was so busy. It's kind of like chipotle -style where you pick your fillings and they make it for you. However, the ingredients are much better quality and the portions are bigger than in Chipotle. They even have preset menus for you to choose. I went for Vegan Love, as the staff looked busy and I didn't want to hassle them for a custom burrito (they were nice though and probably would have done).

The flavour was delicious and great value for money. The only issue was the matter of spacing. Way too small a venue for it's popularity.

Pros: great food, cheap, vegan options clearly labeled

Cons: too busy, not enough tables and chairs

Quick lunch place - Edit

Good solid mexican food. Got a vegan burrito, it was good :)

Pros: Tasty, Good value!, Handles many costumers well

Massive Burritos!! - Edit

We were looking for something fast and fairly cheap for lunch so tried this place as it was near to Alexanderplatz where we were visiting. The vegan options were clearly marked on the menu, and the staff spoke English, so it was really easy to order.

Once you order you can have a seat. There is a number on your receipt and when it shows up on the wall display you can go and get your food. The burritos were massive! Almost too much for one person. I chose the vegan lovers one and had it with a coke zero, it came to 9.50 which i thought was reasonable.

The restaurant was clean and tidy, and really full, there was a bit of a queue to be served but this wasn't a problem. I'd definitely go back if i was in the area. I was very very full after!

Pros: Really big portions, reasonably priced, easy to order, staff spoke English.

Cons: none.

Always a good choice - Edit

I've been to both Dolores restaurants several times and I always left with a full stomach.
Every time I'm in the area and get hungry I go there most of the time because I know it's a save choice to get good fast food. Plus I just love burritos and could eat them all the time.

Love that place - Edit

I don't go there often because my stomach always gets upsets when it comes to mexican food. BUT if you're a salsa lover, please give it a try! I always go for one of their vegan bowls and it's HUGE. Also, my fav part is definitely the homemade tortilla chips with the smoky peanut sauce and fresh guacamole. bring some non-veg friends and I bet they'll be happy too!

Pros: large portions, awesome tortillas + dips, 2 locations in Berlin

Awesome Soy meat burritos - Edit

Really good vegan burritos!! huge portions for a good price. Chips and guacamole was also really tasty.

Pros: good vegan meat, big portions

Guacamole makes everything great - Edit

Ordered the Vegan Friend with added Guacamole well worth the extra euro. The place was busy by 12 so I would recommend eating there early. The serving size was large, it felt like a bargain for €4.50+€1 for guacamole.

Pros: delicious , I'm still thinking about it days later , Seriously I would eat it right now if I could

Cons: It was busy so I had to wait to eat

Best burritos in Berlin #sorrynotsorry - Edit

I tried really hard to prefer other Burritos. I went to all the cool places, tried their nice things. I always come home thinking it was good, but it wasn't Dolores.

I dunno, man, it's great.

It's fantastic, for ***** sake! I don't care if they're not authentic, 100% vegan, blah blah. "Vegan Friend" with guac and whole-wheat tortilla is by a HUGE difference the best burrito I've had so far.

I wish it wasn't so. I wish the other, 100% vegan, cool-vibes, second-hand furniture places could beat Dolores. But, alas!, they can't.

Dolores is just great.

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-23

Pros: Vegan Lover with guac is 5*, Not bad on vegan options, Fast service

Cons: Could have more vegan stuff, Gets noise/crowded fast

Yummy - Edit

The vegan lover whas great!

Amazing Burrito - Edit

The Vegan Lover Burrito is absolutely delicious!

The menu is clearly marked with vegan options and the staff are really friendly and helpful.

Pros: Generous portion size , Freshly prepared

Cons: Cash only

V-Lover: Great grab'n'go option - Edit

I have to admit that I am no pro when it comes to burritos and I am only having one once in a while, usually foodtruck-cuisine or at a typical 'mexican'-style restaurant.

After having the vegan lover, accompanied by an authentic Dolores brew, I felt like I had the first real burrito of my life... and I caught a glimpse of what a burrito could become to me: Preferred fast food, and not the unhealthiest choice btw.

Great black beans, decent guacamole, tasty smoky flavor....
Dolores is definitely worth a visit and I am really curious where other happycow-users had their favorite burrito!

Vegan lover! - Edit

Vegan lover burrito was huge and filling. Soy mince in it was great and it was also little spicy, yum!

Good in a hurry - Edit

Perfect as a quick, cheap, filling option. I really liked the soy "meat", I'm not quite sold on the peanut sauce but that's a personal preference. I saw in previous reviews someone complaining about staff, that wasn't the case for me, girl who served us was really nice and helpful.

Pros: Good value for money

Cons: Tables could be cleaned more often

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dolores closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.