CLOSED: Dolce Vegan

Contact 0550195437

Via San Gallo, 92/r, Florence, Italy, 50129

An organic restaurant, added a raw food menu in late-2013. Also is a shop and bakery selling products that are vegan, organic, and support fair trade. CONFIRMED CLOSED, DEC 2016. Open Mon 12:00pm-3:00pm, Mon 7:30pm-11:30pm, Wed 12:00pm-3:00pm, Wed 7:30pm-11:30pm, Thu 12:00pm-3:00pm, Thu 7:30pm-11:30pm, Fri 12:00pm-3:00pm, Fri 7:30pm-11:30pm, Sat 12:00pm-3:00pm, Sat 7:30pm-11:30pm, Sun 12:00pm-3:00pm, Sun 7:30pm-11:30pm.

Category: Vegan, Italian, Organic, Raw, Beer/Wine, Bakery

First Review by Paddy

Very disappointing... - Edit

We expected a great place based on previous reviews but we were very disappointed by the food and the place. We order various dishes, and most of them were really bland, not well presented and defrosted. The double cheese burger was one of the worst I've ever had and I was not able to finish it. The steak was really dry and not tasty at all. The tapas were not so bad but the ravioli were bland (except for the little sauce served on them). Even the desserts were not enjoyable and too dry. The place in itself was not really pleasant. There was no decoration and we were alone that lunch. The waitress was nice, but I would never go back here.

Pros: 100% vegan

Cons: bland food, no decoration, no vibes

So tasty! - Edit

I was in Florence for three days and I came back to Dolce vegan twice!
Is a pretty small restaurant and they don't serve at the table you have to order on the menu and give it to the lady and than take your food but there are a lot of option, is completely vegan and the food is so good! Even my non vegan friend love it, everything is homemade and really high quality!
The prices are low and is absoluty a winning for me

Pros: Tasty, Lot of option, Homemade food

Cons: No service at the table

Not great - Edit

We went here on the recommendation of trip advisor but were quite disappointed.

It was lacking in atmosphere and the lady working there was not very friendly.

We ordered the pasta which was ok but the pie was just vegetables with sauce. We ordered two puddings, one of which was carob based and smelled and tasted off.

The portions are very small and quite expensive. Would not recommend. Also the toilet smelt horribly of damp.

Pros: Central location

Cons: Strange service

Avoid! - Edit

We were excited to try this after some great experiences with vegan food in Firenze. However, this would not be one of them.
The system for ordering is awkward at best - you check off things on a menu that you want and the counter person reviews with you. You then pick your food up at the counter.
Despite this our wine & second course we're still forgotten. The wine I should've left it forgotten because it was awful - I should've just drank some vinegar. We waited a while until the counter person remembered we had dessert, also something to avoid as it was carob based (why not real chocolate?!?! Chocolate is vegan). I let her know she forgot my main course, to which she halfheartedly offered to make a new one. I declined.
The gnocchi was "okay." The lasagna was not.

We are both service industry veterans so usually are pretty forgiving, but this was awful. Happy Cow won't let us give less than two stars but if we could we would.

Pros: Vegan

Cons: Forgot orders even tho written down, Unfriendly staff, Bad food

The app wouldn't let me give less than two stars - Edit

I feel so bad giving a negative review, especially of a vegan place but I feel that I have to because the food was so bad. Me (vegan) and my vegan friend brought two carnist friends here and for one of them it was her first vegan experience and now they are both so turned off of vegan food. It is restaurants like this that give vegan food a bad reputation. I had the "cheeseburger", basically a bland vegetable patty, weird tomato sauce, gross bread that fell apart and maybe like a drop of cheese. Next I had papardelle ragu (not even what I wanted but they were somehow sold out of over half the menu). It was cold and just not tasty. The only redeeming factor was the Vegusto brand parmigian cheese garnishing the pasta but you could just buy it yourself at the store and make a much better pasta at home. Next we had dessert (don't know why we didn't just leave at this point) which was some type of carob tart (WHY WHY WHY is a carob a thing, JUST EAT CHOCOLATE!! The carob sauce formed a weird goop on top of a bland pie crust) and a tiramisu (which literally had no flavor and just tasted like cold gel), both were 100% sugar free (which I wish I would have noticed on the menu before we sat down, why do vegan restaurants feel the need to be sugar/gluten free, organic, raw whatever please just keep it about ethics and keep the dumb health fads out of it, this is why people think vegan food is gross!!). And at the end our bill for 4 people was 65€. Biggest waste of money and such a terrible experience. Also want to mention that they were playing animal planet on a huge tv dominating the restaurant showing animal buttholes and weird footage (just why?) ugh just don't go here go to veggy days instead or universo vegano.

The Best eating place in Florence - Edit

If you go there try their vegan lasagna - it is incredible, the best lasagna I've ever had.
But actually all the dishes are delicious.
Good choice for raw and vegan visitors.

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly atmosphere

Not good not bad - Edit

I've only tried one of the seitan dishes here, the portion was rather small for the price and the seitan itself didn't taste like much. It didn't taste bad though. The vegetables were tasty as well as the bread.
I didn't eat dessert but it looked fresh and tasty too. The service was friendly but the menu is only in Italian and I didn't like the fact that they didn't help me read it but I had to ask for help and even then, it seemed to be too difficult for them to explain me the main things.
Apart from that it's a beautiful place and now that I now how everything works there I would probably go there again to try something else.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, vegan

Cons: little overpriced (as it's self-service), menu in Italian and a bit confusing

A restaurant agains violence - Edit

This restaurant doesn't just use no animal ingredients, it actually informs all guests about veganism.
The ravioli were just great. 5 out of 5 stars for those. They have vegusto Swiss cheese.
But the mixed salad was a bit boring and there was no dressing. I'd expect more from a restaurant that also serves raw food. It was just lettuce, sprouts and carrots. No nuts, oils, dressing etc. It could be much more creative.
I like carob so I also liked the carob cake.
The form to order is a bit confusing if two people want the same dish but different sides. But there is an English translation, and it's fast to order and pay. Perfect for lunch.

Pros: fast, great pasta

Cons: boring salad

hearty food - Edit

Self service place where you tick the boxes on the menu sheet and hand it up to the counter. They then bring out your food when it's ready and you go and get it yourself. Nice homely food, would recommend if you want something simple but tasty for lunch or dinner.

Pros: good location, simple but tasty food , kind staff

Great for lunch or dinner - Edit

Had lunch at Dolce Vegan today and it was quite good. It's a mid-size place with a variety of first and seconds and desserts; additional raw options are also available. You order the food by taking the menu and a pencil and noting what you want, and then giving it to someone behind the counter. I had raw spaghetti, mixed vegetables, and a salad, my friend had the vegan burger. It was all tasty and staff were friendly. I bought a vegan t-shirt and took some pamphlets. Next time I think I'll try one of the vegan pasta options, and perhaps a dessert. This is a cool little place well worth a visit.

Pros: Fast service, tasty, healthy food, nice people

Cons: None, Dolce Vegan is good value.

Good healthy vegan food :) - Edit

We went twice, first only to have some deserts and second time to have a dinner, we went out full and happy :) would recommend this place for sure.

Pros: Good food, nice atmosphere, very nice and helpfull

Cons: The menu only in italian, a bit confusing , to order

casual vegan - Edit

We came for dinner on our last night in Florence. You order at the counter by filling out a form. It was only in Italian, so we had to double check on a few things with the waitress. We got the lasagna and ravioli with seitan ragu as mains with potatoes and veggies as sides. It was very good. We ordered the tiramisu and coconut cheesecake for dessert. The tiramisu was good, but the cheesecake was all coconut. I would not call it cheesecake. The space was basic with a video of animals playing while you sat and ate. We also saw some people coming to pick up their to-go orders. Good, but not great.

Pros: all vegan, vegan versions of Italian dishes

Subpar vegan far - Edit

I hate giving a negative review for a vegan restaurant but also want to be honest. For me, this just wasn't good, even though I wanted to love it. I ordered €70 worth of food so that I could get a real sample of their menu. This reminds me of where California vegan cuisine was 10 years ago. The veggie burgers had good flavor but no texture other than soft. The lasagna was too creamy, but not bad. The seitan scampi wasn't great, either. I enjoyed my side veggies, salad and potatoes but that was it. The desserts weren't great, either. In the display case they had a really good looking panna cota but what the served me wasn't what was shown in the display case. I got a hard piece of what seemed like tofu with some sauce on it. So confused. My husband said the only thing that was good was the beer, the company and the video of baby animals playing on the flat screen. Sad to say that I agreed :(

Pros: All vegan, Serves beer, Air con/wi fi

Cons: Food wasn't great, No table service, Expensive for what you get

Return to Florence Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Dolce Vegan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.