Doi Intanon

+44-1539432119

Market Place, Ambleside, England, LA22 9BU

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai food restaurant whose board outside states, "All our vegetarian food is 100% vegetarian no shrimp paste or fish sauce." Choose from a variety of starters, soups, salads, stir fries and curries. Open Mon-Thu 6:00pm-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 6:00pm-10:30pm.

Categories: Thai, Non-veg

First Review by Veganolive1

100% Vegetarian Food -No Shrimp Paste or Fish Sauce - Edit

Doi Intanon is a firm favourite of mine, due to the clear labelling as to vegan dishes, on their menu board outside and food menu.

The menu has vegan options, including vegetarian starters, soups, salads, curries and stir fries, so plenty to choose from, with chilli icons to show how hot the dishes are.

My husband decided to go all vegan with me, so we started with vegetable spring rolls and spicy Yum Tawai salad. The red chillies certainly gave a kick and the starters were light, non oily and full of flavour, some of the reasons I love Thai food.

I would not normally choose a soup course, as they can be filling, but Thai soups are delicate broths, so we ordered the two on the menu, so we could share, which were a delicious in between course.

Mains were vegetable and tofu green curry and vegetable and mushroom stir fry in red curry paste with coconut cream, which I asked for the maximum five chillies hot, all served with Jasmine rice.

The dishes were gorgeous, with plenty of kick, although I could have eaten mine hotter, but we could not fault the food.

Service throughout the evening was friendly, efficient and any questions quickly answered, so when next in Ambleside, Doi Intanon will be on my radar, as its unusual for a Thai restaurant to label their vegetarian dishes as 100% shrimp paste and fish sauce free.

Pros: 100% vegetarian, Suitable for vegans, No shrimp paste or fish sauce

Return to Ambleside Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Doi Intanon closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.