Dog in a Doublet

+44-1733-202256

North Side, Thorney (at N Bank), Peterborough, England, PE6 0RW

Serves meat, vegan options available. Gastro pub serving fresh and local British food in a 16th century landmark building. Has a full vegetarian and vegan menu on Monday nights, with a couple of vegan options the rest of the time. Also offers an 8 or 5 course tasting menu which can be made vegan by reservation. Has a deli, B&B and camping. Open Mon-Fri 5:00pm-9:00pm, Wed-Fri 12:00pm-2:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-9:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-7:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, International, Beer/Wine, British, Catering, European, Non-veg

First Review by TheAccessibleVegan

Hoped for more - Edit

I was lured into this place by the 'gastropub' website, which from my experience over-sells it a little. There were quite a few options for vegans although not particularly exciting, with the same ingredients cropping up regularly. Check your food before tucking in, vegan options are often the meat/veggie option minus an ingredient. Staff were lovely but we were unlucky with our waiter, who launched into a lot of up-selling before proudly bringing our starter foccacia (they had run out of the nuts we ordered) over AFTER the main course arrived, and covered in dairy cheese. Disappointing. Would go back only if I was passing by.

Pros: A pub where vegans have more than one choice

Delicious but expensive - Edit

Was great to drive by this B&B pub/restaurant on our travels and was also great to see they had some vegan options on their menu. I opted for the reg pizza lice which was delicious but not very filling. My only negative feedback is that the dish was very expensive for what I received. But the presentation was delightful.

Pros: Great presentation , Employed chef was the winner from 'Master Chef'

Cons: Expensive, Small portion

Return to Peterborough Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dog in a Doublet closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.