Doc Chey's Noodle House

• Veg-friendly
Contact 828-252-8220

37 Biltmore Ave, Asheville, North Carolina, USA, 28801

Serves meat, vegan options available. Menu includes several vegan and vegetarian options, marked with a green leaf. Has tofu and tempeh as options for a protein on most dishes. Several locations.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Beer/Wine, Asian, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by meroe05

So, nummies... - Edit

So super simple to figure out from the menu what was vegan-able! The wait staff was on fire when we visited, even tho the place was packed out our drinks were never dry (and its not like they had to keep coming back as there was a nice setup so people could help themselves, but no one had to!). The food was fantastic, my ramen was done just so and everyone else's udon was amazing. Plenty of choices for the one vegetarian while everyone else was more than satisfied. Will definately go again.

Pros: Amazing wait staff, Non-gender restrooms , Unique decor

Cons: One slightly narrow hallway in and out, would be a

A wild but lovely environment. - Edit

I knew this place would have great food when I was seated near a couple who, when their waitress came to take their order, said that they did not want to see the specials because they picked out what they wanted on the way over. There were several people who clearly were regulars and loved the restaurant. Everything with a leaf on the menu can be made vegan. My waitress was very knowledgeable about the dishes and the things they omitted to make such dish vegan. The tempeh was incredible.

Great Options for Vegan Food - Edit

Went there for the first time and was pleasantly surprised. The green bean appetizer is delicious and very shareable. They have a tempeh dish, but the tofu is fried in the same oil as meats. The server was nice enough to tell us! I had the napa cabbage wraps which were delicious and mildly spicy. Service is terrific and no wonder this place is always busy!

Pros: good location, Quick service, Good variety of food choices

Cons: There can be a wait up to 30 minutes

Delicious! - Edit

We went here with some friends on a Saturday night and had about an hour wait. Once we sat down our waitress was very friendly and knowledgable about the menu and what could be made vegan. I had the Chinese Lo Mein made vegan by replacing the egg noodles, and my husband had the special which was a green curry. He added tempeh to it and it was delicious! My bowl of lo mein was HUGE and was only $9. I had the rest for lunch the next day. We really liked our food and would go here again next time we're in town. No complaints.

Pros: good value, big portions

Cons: serves meat

Acceptable - Edit

Staff seem pretty in the know on what is and what is not Vegan however be careful when ordering some dishes as they told me they fry these vegetables in the same pan as the meat - like the Eggplant Garlic sauce although the ingredients are vegan the cooking is not so be careful. I ordered Schezuan Veggies which they told me they cooked in a separate Wok - it was lacking flavor to be honest and portions are small for lunch but still not cheap.

Pros: some Vegan options

Cons: be careful how they are cooked

Delicious Food & Amazing Staff! - Edit

The menu is very user friendly. Almost everything can be made vegan... Just ask! And on top of that, the food is fantastic. Very friendly service. I would eat there again despite the fact that we waited an hour for our table. If you have more than 2 in your dinner party, make reservations. Definitely try them out!
Updated from previous review on Tuesday December 24, 2013

Pros: Delicious, Inexpensive, Lots Of Potions

Cons: Long Wait

Return to Asheville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Doc Chey's Noodle House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2118 times since May 2012.