CLOSED: DNote

Contact 303-463-6683

7519 Grandview Ave (at Wadsworth & 58th), Arvada, Colorado, USA, 80002

Serves meat, vegan options available. Music venue and art gallery. Has vegetarian pizzas and a vegan cheese option. Reported closed to HappyCow, Aug 2015.

Category: American, Non-veg

First Review by ladenedge

Dissappointed - Edit

I went there last night hoping to have some good pizza (with vegan cheese). When I asked the waiter about it, he said they don't offer vegan cheese anymore. (It is, however, still on the menu listed on their website.) They didn't have blackened tofu like the menu advertised either. I would not recommend going to dnote on nights they have Geeks Who Drink trivia, unless you are going to play. The announcer was really loud!

Pros: Nice location, Decent food, Handsome waiter

Cons: Outdated menu on their website, Noisy

Food = excellent, Music = too loud - Edit

The pizzas were some of the best pizza I've ever had in 50 years. Jus' sayin'. Especially the vegan option for rinotta cheese. My family (we were having a little reunion here) loved the pizzas and salads, too. The food was 5 star. The music was about 6 db too loud for a restaurant though. The server had a hard time hearing our orders, and in the end omitted one pizza (for our birthday girl, unfortunately!) and for the rest of the family it was like a game of "telephone" to communicate. The performers were good, don't get me wrong. The sound level would be appropriate for a music venue. But they just need to notch it down a bit during dinner service. Just a bit, really. I thoroughly enjoyed my DNote experience, but some of the rest of my family were a little annoyed by the volume. As a side note: one of our party is handicap, and in a wheelchair. The staff at DNote were wonderful about accommodating us, and her needs. Hence 5 stars, even though Happy Cow will only let me give 4 since they serve meat/cheese there. Arvada is an up and coming happening place. DNote is pretty cool.

Pros: Excellent Pizza, Vegan Cheese xo, Handicap Friendly

Cons: Music a bit too loud

You won't be disappointed at DNote! - Edit

We enjoy our frequent visits to DNote. They offer a variety of vegetarian and even a few vegan options, and do them well. We especially like their pizzas on whole wheat crust. Paired with a full bar and good music, it's a regular stop on our walks to Olde Town.

Pros: great variety of menu items, reasonably priced, funky , fun atmosphere

Cons: FYI - many kid-friendly activities

Good vegan pizza - Edit

The vegan pizza at DNote was quite tasty. It was made differently than a lot of the vegan pizzas I've had lately, and I would highly recommend it. The unfortunate thing was I went on a Friday night around 6:00. A very loud band started playing at 6:30, which seemed early to me. I was having dinner with my mom, and we didn't know there would be a band. If you want that happy-hour, loud feeling, this is a great place. If you want a dinner where you can talk, be sure to check the schedule and make sure no band is playing. That would stop me from returning. But the food and service were great.

Pros: tasty food, friendly staff

Cons: loud band and bar atmosphere

Great Pizza - Edit

There is the biggest selection of vegetarian pizza I have seen, and it tastes great. You can also create your own pizza. Most of the sauces are vegan and they have a vegan cheese too.

Pros: hip urban setting, cool music, vegan pizza

Cons: music may be loud

Excellent vegan pizza - Edit

The D-note is perhaps the most unique restaurant/bar in its area. Fun art lines the brick walls, and you never quite know what sort of music will be playing on their small stage. We've seen everything from transcendental blues (?) to high school big bands! Hipsters will feel right at home here.

The primary edible attraction will likely be the many strange vegetarian pizzas. Whether it's topped with tofu or pine nuts, you probably haven't tasted a pizza quite like the D-note's. This is doubly true for vegans, who will be pleasantly surprised to find not only a home-made vegan ricotta-like cheese, but also a multitude of clearly marked vegan-friendly pizza sauces.

This is one of our favorite spots, but vegans should take care to be clear on their choices as we've been incorrectly given cow's cheese on multiple occasions when servers were busy.

Pros: Vegan pizza!, Hipster atmosphere

Cons: Sometimes careless staff, Sometimes loud

Return to Arvada Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: DNote closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1244 times since May 2008.