D'Lites Shoppe

• Other Other
Contact 941-362- 2006

8209 Natures Way Ste 107 (at San Marco Plaza), Lakewood Ranch, Florida, USA, 34202

Frozen treats shop also offering a non-dairy ice cream line of frozen dessert, "nice cream," which is made with coconut milk & cream. Also sell packaged snacks. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-8:00pm.

First Review by grrrowan

Amazing & Sugar Free! - Edit

D'Lites is located in a little shopping center to the right of the Publix Plaza. The interior is rather spacious as it serves as a general specialty grocery & ice cream shop. They have soft-serve that is not vegan, some vegetarian low-carb type of thing.

They had 8 or 10 flavors of their vegan LUV Nice Cream. I tried the Chocolate and my boyfriend tried the Coffee and Pistachio and went with the Coffee. The ice cream has zero sugar and it sweetened with their "LUV" blend of plant polyols (something like erythritol or malitol - sugar alcohols), chicory root inulin, and stevia.

I personally have hated every single zero sugar product (sodas, chocolate, etc) that was sweetened with something else. However, this ice cream was actually delicious. It left me with a faint after taste that was not at all unpleasant. I'm truly shocked. I loved this "nice cream" and will definitely be back once I figure out how plant polyols are made, lol!

My only criticism is that the flavors were not consistent in texture and sweetness. The Chocolate was much firmer than the Coffee, which was very watery. Pistachio was much, much sweeter (strong aftertaste, as well) than both the Chocolate and Coffee.

Their in-house store has a mixture of paleo, allergy friendly, vegan, low-carb, and/or keto type of products. They do sell a lot of bizarre/ick animal products like Grass-Fed Lamb Tallow (animal fat) and Wild Boar Jerky? Some similar products made me a little sad, in case you're sensitive like me.

On a more animal-friendly note, they have vegan bars, protein powder, cookies, chocolates, cheesecakes, cheeze, and more. I am not sure if this is a consistent stock or if the products change frequently.

Overall, worth checking out both for those health concerned and those who love ice cream. If you only eat whole, plant foods this maybe isn't your jam. This is a great vegan-friendly spot here in SRQ!

Updated from previous review on 2016-09-11

Pros: Delicious, No Sugar, Helpful Staff

Cons: Unsettling Non-Vegetarian Products

Return to Lakewood Ranch Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has D'Lites Shoppe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.