CLOSED: D'life - Commonwealth

Blk 118 Commonwealth Crescent 01-29, West Singapore, Singapore, 140118

New concept vegetarian bistro and cafe that is helmed by a veteran in the vegetarian F&B industry. Serves lacto-ovo vegetarian food without onion, garlic, leek, chive, shallot. On the menu are dishes like spaghetti, tofu and mushroom, noodles and rice, cakes. No mock meats. Casual and spacious, seats 160. Reported closed for relocation, Feb 2018 - please send updates. Last orders 9:30pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Western, Take-out, Singaporean

First Review by ouikouik

Nice and hidden - Edit

Hidden behind a food market this bistro has inside and outside tables. Friendly staff and tasty food with a menu full of different option including western style food.
The dessert menu is very poor though. Only three options and one of them is not even made here.
Worth the visit.

A lovely Cafe hidden in the old HDB estate ... - Edit

This place was recommended by my non-vegetarian boss who had dined there few times before and thought the dishes served are delectable.

So, she brought me there and indeed the food served was delicious and the price reasonable. We ordered a vegetable dish, mushroom dish and a soup to go with rice. A simple good tasty meal.

A vegetarian café hidden in the old HDB housing estate in Commonwealth and I was surprised to see that there were many dinning there. I

f it isn’t too far from my place, I definitely would go often.

happening and hipster looking vegetarian joint - Edit

D’Life Cafe & Bistro is a lacto-ova vegetarian place that does not use onions/garlic/leek/chives/shallots. They also have some vegan options including vegan ice cream and vegan soy/almond milk coffee but the cakes are not vegan!

We ordered a main each, some side dishes and 3 desserts to share! All in all, we spent $145 for 9 of us which is quite reasonable for the amount of food! Enjoyed the Asian dishes very much and will try the Western dishes the next time we are back. Personally find the cakes way too sweet but I can imagine others liking it :)

More details and pictures at http://www.eatprayflying.com/dlife-bistro-cafe-commonwealth-crescent/

Pros: hipster, spacious

Cons: mostly non aircon

delicious food in a friendly neighbourhood setting - Edit

i'm getting hungry while uploading photos from our recent lunch at d'life. it was delicious.

two of us greedily ordered four dishes to share - fried mushroom, fruit rojak, cereal tofu and signature fried rice - and we were slowing down towards the end of the meal. i love crispy fried (though not overly greasy or "gluteny") food and used to enjoy cereal prawns when i was a meat-eater, and the mushrooms and tofu made my day. while it won't reverse the calorie intake, the fact that no msg is used here absolves me somewhat. (according to their facebook page, hardly any mock meat is used too, and whatever little is made from scratch.)

there's lots on the menu and i can't wait to go back to try more dishes. it's best to go with at least one other person so you can order more dishes to share.

probably because it's tucked in a residential area, there's a nice chill-out vibe to this place. while we were there, a group of teenagers were celebrating their friends' birthday, and a little boy from a nearby table walked over. the girls offered him a bit of cake and he started singing "happy birthday" in english, followed by mandarin!

i highly recommend d'life. with parking seconds away, a choice of indoor/outdoor seating and no 7% gst or 10% service charge, it's a good place to bring friends and family for a delicious and sumptuous zi cha meal.

(their facebook page is updated regularly - check there for the latest updates.)

Pros: delicious zi cha food, chill-out ambience, friendly staff

Return to West Singapore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: D'life - Commonwealth closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.