Dixie Dharma

Contact 407-613-5968

2603 E South St, Orlando, Florida, USA, 32803

Est. 2015 vegan food cart & catering turned brick and mortar at Market on South, a shared space with other vendors. Makes dishes like southern vittles, chipotle sloppy joes, baked mac n' cheese, and BBQ pulled jack fruit. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-4:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Take-out

First Review by DaniT83

Delicious! - Edit

Had a great lunch - 5 of us went and had a variety of dishes everything was excellent. First I've tried jackfruit.
Only problem was we did not grab dessert when we went through the line. When we came back the line was so long, we didn't wait. Get dessert straight-away!

Pros: great food, friendly staff

Cons: line was so long we didn't get dessert

food was great and the bakery case was amazing - Edit

We stopped here during vacation and had a wonderful lunch. There's a risk though - the bakery case filled with huge unhealthy treats is impossible to turn down. :-) (Loved the death bar, brookie and glazed donuts!)

Pros: bakery case, friendly staff

Cons: only choice for bread is Texas toast

Couldn't have been better - Edit

All 3 of us loved it. Our grandson had 3 tiki tacos and wouldn't share, so they must have been good. I had the Bar-B-Q jackfruit sandwich with braised collard greens, and my hubbie had the Orangebird and tater salad. All were excellent and unbelievably vegan. There are NO vegan restaurants where we live, so this was a real treat.There's not much seating inside considering how busy they are, and there are 3 picnic tables out back which were full too. Would be great for takeaway due to the lack of seating.One can't leave a review on here without mentioning the vegan bakery. Oh. My. Goodness. Gracious. We had not had a doughnut since going vegan several years ago, and these folks know how to do it right.We bought a gift card for some other vegan family members. We're sure they'll love it too. Super nice wait staff too. This hole in the wall really is worth the stop.

Pros: All vegan sandwiches and tacos, All vegan bakery, Super nice personnel

Cons: Limited seating; probably better for takeaway

Love Love Love - Edit

This place is awesome - the fried green tomato sandwich and the tacos especially - the hot dogs from the Vegan Hot Dog Cart are secret menu items so just ask - they're yummy too!

Pros: vegan, hipster vibe, creative menu

Cons: didn't love the mac & cheese

A-MAZ-ING - Edit

Visited with my husband and two small children. It is part of a "market" that has some art, vaping supplies and cookies. There is a case full of amazing baked tredats. We got sandwiches on some amazing Texas Toast bread. The cheesy potatoes are sooooo good. The place was clean and service was nice. We got almost one of each baked good to go. The only issue I had was there were cookies for sale that were labeled "not vegan" and I panicked that what we were eating was vegan. Apparently "everything behind the counter is vegan" but some vendors have non-vegan items. I wish it was all vegan to keep it simpler, nonetheless, when I am in Florida again, I will be back!

Pros: Texas Toast, Happy Hour, Baked Goods

Cons: Sells some non-vegan goods in the market

Awesome - Edit

I are here with my fiancé last night. The food was absolutely delicious! The fried green tomato sandwich and crispy Brussel sprouts were our favorites. The Mac and cheese was also very good. They have a nice selection of desserts. We got 3 to go. I highly recommend the s'mores bar. The staff was super friendly.

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff, Fast service

Cons: Not the healthiest option-get ready to consume som

Vegan Goodness in Orlando! - Edit

On your next visit to Orlando, FL be sure to check out Dixie Dharma. Their vegan comfort food is, well, comforting and delicious! We shared the FL fried green tomato sandwich and the Orangebird BBQ sandwich. Sides included cheesy homies which were delicious cubed potatoes with homemade nacho cheese sauce with a kick of spice. We also shares crispy and yummy Brussels sprouts that were lightly caramelized.

Then we hit the homemade baked goods case and savored their caramel, peanut butter and pretzel tart and brownie cup. Heavenly!!!

Pros: Wonderful, flavorful vegan fare at good prices.

TLT - Edit

Tomato, lettuce & Tempeh with the Brussel sprouts. Wonderful. We had dessert from the Valhalla Bakery. Easy way to gain a few pounds and drop some serious coin. Delish but very pricey.

Pros: delicious. , vegan, unique

Cons: pricey. , loud, not enough tables

Vegan Comfort Food, Southern Style - Edit

What can I say about this place but that it is amazing! the food is so good that I can convince my non-vegetarian husband to eat there regularly. Seriously delicious food. To top it off, the staff are super nice. totally a win!

Pros: 100% Vegan

Cons: limited seating

Return to Orlando Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Dixie Dharma closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.